Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO Newman isn't gonna cut it in the NFL. Whatever we do this offseason I hope it does not include Newman.

I tried telling people lol. He'd look good in practice because he has a cannon, but he's a slow processor who lacks pocket instincts and touch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tried telling people lol. He'd look good in practice because he has a cannon, but he's a slow processor who lacks pocket instincts and touch.
Had him on my "If I'm right about McVay going full college batshit" list at QB as a midround option. Not any more. :ROFLMAO:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had him on my "If I'm right about McVay going full college batshit" list at QB as a midround option. Not any more. :ROFLMAO:

If that's McVay's approach, there are two options in this draft:
1. Find a way to swap Goff for a high 2nd or 1st and then find a way to acquire Trey Lance; or
2. Draft Kellen Mond

Issue is that Mond really isn't THAT athletic. He's more Mitch Trubisky than Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson. Lance is pretty damn athletic. I think he's on par with guys like Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb. Issue is that the guy is sushi raw as a passer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If that's McVay's approach, there are two options in this draft:
1. Find a way to swap Goff for a high 2nd or 1st and then find a way to acquire Trey Lance; or
2. Draft Kellen Mond

Issue is that Mond really isn't THAT athletic. He's more Mitch Trubisky than Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson. Lance is pretty damn athletic. I think he's on par with guys like Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb. Issue is that the guy is sushi raw as a passer.

His better option is through free agency or trade. He could try it out with a guy like Josh Dobbs, RGIII, Tyrod, Trubisky, Cam, or Brett Hundley. But I have a feeling that would go quite poorly for him. He could also try trading for Mariota. But Mariota isn't very durable. I think we'd regret this path. But what do I know.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I expect @jrry32 is he wants guys to mold in his offense too. The reads will be more complex of course. It'll be McVay's offense just with those elements married in with the whole thing.

So it'll look a lot like what the Ravens are doing. But it'll be more varied with room to switch it up and kill teams from the pocket.

And btw I am not sure about Mond's processing speed. However I figure what McVay is thinking is this is the path for 2021 and if they don't find someone who can get us at least to the 5th to 10th range in scoring we'll draft another QB in 2022.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I expect @jrry32 is he wants guys to mold in his offense too. The reads will be more complex of course. It'll be McVay's offense just with those elements married in with the whole thing.

So it'll look a lot like what the Ravens are doing. But it'll be more varied with room to switch it up and kill teams from the pocket.

And btw I am not sure about Mond's processing speed. However I figure what McVay is thinking is this is the path for 2021 and if they don't find someone who can get us at least to the 5th to 10th range in scoring we'll draft another QB in 2022.

Mond's processing speed is fine most of the time. The bigger issue is that he's an even more streaky QB than Goff.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Hadn't really looked at his film yet but watching the game... I don't think he's got enough.
Thought his film looked solid. Too bad he didn't play this season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I imagine that a big part of the center position is being cerebral. Has anyone heard about that part of these centers?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Wouldn't mind seeing the Rams take Alaric Jackson around R4 and move him into G