Sean Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I don't see it (Mannion knocking it out of the park and the Rams winning).

SF has a winning streak going... Shanahan is going to want to end the season with that steak intact heading into next season.

Grabmypole is playing very, very well.

Mannion, behind a makeshift line, will probably be running for his life most of the game.

I see the Rams losing... Mannion struggling (although it won't be his fault) and a healthy Goff, Gurley, Whitworth, Sullivan, Donald and Kupp (may be missing one or two others)...

...and, at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.

Go Rams... surprise the hell outta me.
No Ogletree or Barron either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wonder if Malcom Brown is the answer for him? Brown has looked good when he got his chance to spell Gurley...Might help Mannion with play action...
We can hope. Either way, we are best served by Mannion looking good to great in this game. I just don't know that it's possible with no Whit, Sullivan, or Gurley. Brown looks promising in that he has played well in limited action. But how many carries can we expect him to get just a couple games off of injury and not really having played much with Mannion? My main thing is that the players that are going to get some real time reps look good - especially Mannion as he is playing the most important position. We need to see what kind of depth we have on our team and so do the coaches. This is a good move all around.

And as much as I want to whack the whiners each and every time around, they don't mean shit to me right now. This team is on the rise and maybe they are too. But we are in the playoffs and they'll be watching us in the playoffs after this game. So this game needs to be about the future while giving our warriors a rest before battle.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think you might underestimate how desperate teams are for a good quarterback.

This coaching carousel we're about to see is, in part, the result of that.
Define "good". Would you consider Mannion a qb with enough tape on him to define him as a "good" qb? Even if he has a decent day against the niners who are bad against in pass protection? Not sure i could vouch for him as being good, with the limited amount of tape we have of him against quality competition if any against quality competition. I dont know of any team that needs a qb that bad that has a decent enough record to not get a promising one in the draft.

Hell what if Foles actually does decent in the post season and the Vikings continue with Bridgewater next season instead of Keenum. There's 2 qbs that i already see demand far beyond the demand Mannion would bring.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Let's just say that there's only a handful of teams out there that feel totally comfortable in their quarterback situation. Maybe a third of the teams.

The rest of the teams are either looking for a long-term franchise type quarterback or they are looking to upgrade.

Then you have a couple of teams that need an upgrade at second string because of injury concerns.
(Green Bay, Texans)

If I was Minnesota I'd stick with Case Keenum and one of the other two, (Bradford or Bridgewater).

If I was Philly, I'd keep Foles around if he proves he could win because of Wentz's continued injury concerns.

Teams looking for an upgrade or have a veteran coming to the end of his career would be;
Pats
Giants
Bills
Jets
KC
Pitt

And this happens to be a good year to draft a quarterback but a lot of them are still two years away from starting.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of how Mannion does, the Rams need to draft a QB this year as a future backup, since Mannion is a free agent after 2018. I doubt the Rams would trade him in the offseason, but if they get somebody that McVay likes, I could see him being traded during the season if there is demand for him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Regardless of how Mannion does, the Rams need to draft a QB this year as a future backup, since Mannion is a free agent after 2018. I doubt the Rams would trade him in the offseason, but if they get somebody that McVay likes, I could see him being traded during the season if there is demand for him.
I heard they are 100% sold on Brandon Allen!

Okay just kidding there.

This would be a great year to pick up a long-term backup because this is a great QB draft coming up .
Plus it will give you a year to develop him out and get him up to speed.
Sounds like a plan.

I still wouldn't spend any more than a 4th rounder on the guy and then I have to really be in love with his potential.

Ellard80

Legend
I'd gladly eat crow.. but y'all are dreaming if You think a team full of NFL 2nd stringers are going to beat a bunch of starters....

The Rams went from 7 pt favorites to 4pt dogs because of that announcement...

It's not impossible.. but I have trouble seeing it happen.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
I'd gladly eat crow.. but y'all are dreaming if You think a team full of NFL 2nd stringers are going to beat a bunch of starters....

The Rams went from 7 pt favorites to 4pt dogs because of that announcement...

It's not impossible.. but I have trouble seeing it happen.

Unfortunately, have to agree. I'll be pessimistic and then if the Rams pull off the improbable with the 2s be pleasantly surprised.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We can hope. Either way, we are best served by Mannion looking good to great in this game. I just don't know that it's possible with no Whit, Sullivan, or Gurley. Brown looks promising in that he has played well in limited action. But how many carries can we expect him to get just a couple games off of injury and not really having played much with Mannion? My main thing is that the players that are going to get some real time reps look good - especially Mannion as he is playing the most important position. We need to see what kind of depth we have on our team and so do the coaches. This is a good move all around.

And as much as I want to whack the whiners each and every time around, they don't mean crap to me right now. This team is on the rise and maybe they are too. But we are in the playoffs and they'll be watching us in the playoffs after this game. So this game needs to be about the future while giving our warriors a rest before battle.

Well, ... we kinda know what Brown will bring to the table, and both he and Gurley take it up the middle quite often, i'll be interested in seeing what Justin Davis has, seems we may be watching him take the edge more often as our true 'change of pace' back. There won't be much film on him. Looks like most of our receivers will be playing along with the right side of the OL, the big question for me on offense is whether the left side of that line holds up in pass pro and run blocking. Still, my biggest concern is whether our DL can mount much of a pass rush, and if Garappolo is free to roam with all kinds of time. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO,that is why the Rams claimed Brandon Allen who will be Goff's backup next year with a possible draft choice in the sixth round (three picks in that round) because of a deep QB class.
Well, we were talking about Tavon, but Mannion getting traded for a 2nd rounder would be fine too...:rockon:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, we were talking about Tavon,

giphy.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO,that is why the Rams claimed Brandon Allen who will be Goff's backup next year with a possible draft choice in the sixth round (three picks in that round) because of a deep QB class.
Brandon Allen is on IR don’t need a backup that’s not healthy. They are going to go with Mannion they might bring someone in to challenge him but once he beats them out they will keep him then put a 1st round tender on him once he hits free agency

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Mannion, keep in mind, is from the Bay Area as well. As a matter of fact:

Distance from Goffs home town to Levi Stadium....73 miles.
Distance from Mannions home town to Levi Stadium.....28 miles.

Think he wants to do well and win this thing?