Sean Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now that I've settled in to the idea that the starters are being rested, I am excited to see what Mannion can do.
If he plays great, it puts the Rams in great position for trade value.
However on the other hand, he will have the deck stacked against him since he wont be playing with a lot of the 1's, so it may be unfair to be critical.

I think he's gonna knock it out of the park, and will beat the 49ers

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see it (Mannion knocking it out of the park and the Rams winning).

SF has a winning streak going... Shanahan is going to want to end the season with that steak intact heading into next season.

Grabmypole is playing very, very well.

Mannion, behind a makeshift line, will probably be running for his life most of the game.

I see the Rams losing... Mannion struggling (although it won't be his fault) and a healthy Goff, Gurley, Whitworth, Sullivan, Donald and Kupp (may be missing one or two others)...

...and, at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.

Go Rams... surprise the hell outta me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that if we sacrifice our souls to let the Niners win this game, WE BETTER WIN THE FICKIN SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(PRACTICE FICKIN..PRACTICE!)

…..

Legend
Mannion was already a fairly cool character. I'm curious to see if Goff has rubbed off on him and our entire QB room is uncommonly even keeled. My guess is that Mannion will play well and not embarrass anyone.

Unlike most of you, I do not view this as the stage for a potential trade. I see the week as measure of our QB depth for the coming years. This of course is only taking into account that Mannion wants to be here. If he wishes to move on, then that's different.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Mannion is going to tear it up ! I wonder how long the starting Recievers will play ?

This could be a big tavon game lol boost his trade value

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Mannion will have a good game, it'll be fun to sit back and just watch him play, no pressure.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMHO, if given the time I believe Mannion will have a good game the 49ers secondary is suspect and with Reynolds & Michael Thomas at WR I expect some deep shots down the field, but that all will be predicated on how the Offensive Line holds up with Williams at LT and most likely Aaron Neary at LG. Mannion does not move well in the pocket and at Oregon State when given the time, he was very good, but a year latter with an inexperience group up front in his Senior Year, Mannion got exposed a bit.

nighttrain

Legend
a whole llot of quick
Mannion was already a fairly cool character. I'm curious to see if Goff has rubbed off on him and our entire QB room is uncommonly even keeled. My guess is that Mannion will play well and not embarrass anyone.

Unlike most of you, I do not view this as the stage for a potential trade. I see the week as measure of our QB depth for the coming years. This of course is only taking into account that Mannion wants to be here. If he wishes to move on, then that's different.
Every QB in the NFL wants to start
train

nighttrain

Legend
IMHO, if given the time I believe Mannion will have a good game the 49ers secondary is suspect and with Reynolds & Michael Thomas at WR I expect some deep shots down the field, but that all will be predicated on how the Offensive Line holds up with Williams at LT and most likely Aaron Neary at LG. Mannion does not move well in the pocket and at Oregon State when given the time, he was very good, but a year latter with an inexperience group up front in his Senior Year, Mannion got exposed a bit.
A lot of quick hitters will help Mannion a bunch
train

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we go win and Ficken go hit the game winning fg. 35-32

Mannion is going to ball I think he’s going to start like he did in the preseason some off target throws but then the longer he plays the more comfortable he’s going to get in expecting some deep shots in this game

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think he's gonna knock it out of the park, and will beat the 49ers

Agreed that it's possible. Once again the whiners have given up an average passer rating against of 95.3, which sucks balls. Mannion will be well prepared mentally, and will have plenty of weapons around him to keep us in the game, and even with backups don't underestimate Wade's ability to keep the game tight.

IMO the Rams have a legit shot at winning this game.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Id like to see Mannion do well, but I dont think He's trade bait. I think it would be foolish to trade a back up q.b. who shows that he can keep you in games, especially since i dont think anyone is going to give us anything decent for a back up who played well in one game.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Mannion plays well , browns trade second round pick for him

Mannion goes 3-13 in 2018 and becomes a legend in Cleveland !

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure what to expect out of Mannion for this game. He will likely have little time to throw and a running game that will have some tough sledding. I hope he kills it and either settles our minds as our solid back-up or impresses to gain huge trade value. I will certainly be watching.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mannion plays well , browns trade second round pick for him

Mannion goes 3-13 in 2018 and becomes a legend in Cleveland !
I will take back my trade bait thought if he were to go to the factory of sadness. I'd like to see my boy Sean get a shot with an NFL level team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what to expect out of Mannion for this game. He will likely have little time to throw and a running game that will have some tough sledding. I hope he kills it and either settles our minds as our solid back-up or impresses to gain huge trade value. I will certainly be watching.
I wonder if Malcom Brown is the answer for him? Brown has looked good when he got his chance to spell Gurley...Might help Mannion with play action...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I dont think anyone is going to give us anything decent for a back up who played well in one game.
I think you might underestimate how desperate teams are for a good quarterback.

This coaching carousel we're about to see is, in part, the result of that.

Last edited: