GAME DAY Seahawks at Rams - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
True - but being on the sidelines for almost the entire half also does not allow the offense to get into a rhythm.
Neither does going 3 and out on the first drive. That sets the tone.
Yes the defense needs to step up and force shorter drives, but the offense is also responsible for their short comings

Tano

Legend
Did you see the Rams last drive? Again, They get into rhythm by converting their own plays. Blaming the defense for the Rams offense failing to convert is laughable. Defense deserves their own criticism. "the Rams offense is struggling because of the defense" is ridiculous.
I am not blaming the defense. Just saying it is a part of the reason. And i stress "PART"

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I still don't understand why McVay refuses to use the 6'6" TE with the 38'5" vertical and great hands in the redzone. Free Davis Allen.
I would guess it's because our OL already can't block for shit. So putting a rook out there would probably make it worse.

But now that Kupp is probably out of the game sure why not put a TE in that role.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now reread what I said and show me where I blamed one side of the ball. And I'll wait on your response.
Quit with the fuckin snark. I could say "show me where I said you blamed one side of the ball" and play that shit as well. Just talking in general. Way too much of that shite (blaming one side of the ball) around these parts.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I still don't understand why McVay refuses to use the 6'6" TE with the 38'5" vertical and great hands in the redzone. Free Davis Allen.
Commitment to the same, recently extended only to play injured all year, TE Higbee. He's been a non-factor all year and if he's still playing hurt its just another stain on McVay as a HC for not forcing himself (the OC) to make personnel changes. He's got a lot of soul searching to do because this team is going nowhere fast.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I would guess it's because our OL already can't block for shit. So putting a rook out there would probably make it worse.

But now that Kupp is probably out of the game sure why not put a TE in that role.
The OLine isn't performing that poorly. Snap. One step. Throw it up like the Saints did with Jimmy Graham for years.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's also true. I think it is both a combo of being on the sidelines and also going 3 and out

At the Detroit game, Goff's first 2 drives resulted in interceptions but the defense saved his sorry ass and Goff eventually got into a rhythm. The third interception was due to a tip at the line of scrimmage.

Note - the only reason I am bringing up Goff as an example is due to the fact that I watched that game and not trying to bring up a Goff vs Stafford conversation. It was just a perfect example of what I was trying to say.
I can see where it has merit. I just don't think it has as much. Offense needs to execute. Defense needs to execute. They both have impact. If your offense is going three and out,your defense gets tired. So that kinda goes both ways.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im not blaming the defense for the offense

but the defense has been shit also.
I didn't say the defense hasn't been bad. I'm saying that blaming the defense for the offense is poor observation.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The OLine isn't performing that poorly. Snap. One step. Throw it up like the Saints did with Jimmy Graham for years.
They always give up a free runner on key downs. If there was a stat for shit timing our OL would lead the league.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We are going to get gifted a W today

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
How’d they miss that hold?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quit with the fuckin snark. I could say "show me where I said you blamed one side of the ball" and play that shit as well. Just talking in general. Way too much of that shite (blaming one side of the ball) around these parts.
You literally said "you people need to stop blaming one side of the ball". I pointed out that I never said that.

Tano

Legend
I can see where it has merit. I just don't think it has as much. Offense needs to execute. Defense needs to execute. They both have impact. If your offense is going three and out,your defense gets tired. So that kinda goes both ways.
Well true but I have to disagree with the defense being tired on the first two drives

First drive - better not be tired

Second drive - Rams drove down the field because of penalties - they had time to recover

And both times - the defense gave up long ass time consuming drives.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Fucking Trammel, block the dude and let the ball go into the end zone. Smh, special teams sucks too lol.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well true but I have to disagree with the defense being tired on the first two drives

First drive - better not be tired

Second drive - Rams drove down the field because of penalties - they had time to recover

And both times - the defense gave up long ass time consuming drives.
But then we can talk about the Rams moving the ball and getting zero points. And around and around we go lol.