Say what you want, I love Dan Campbell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see he’s called out Goff now. Not sure about that.
How was the game with your buddies at the bar? Did you get free drinks all game?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I see he’s called out Goff now. Not sure about that.
Meh, i think he was always considered a placeholder solution to Detroit with the idea that maybe, just maybe a new environment could jump start his play. They could have just as easily traded Stafford for picks & any number of middling QB's.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Dan is going to need another handkerchief for the beating the Rams are going to put on them next week.

Goff is going to lose his starting job if he can't find himself. He looked as bad vs the Bengals today as he did his last few starts last year. If his first read(usually the TE) was covered, forget about it, Goff was bailing out of the play. Open receivers, didn't see them. Overthrowing the ones he did see. Throwing away the ball on fourth down. It was a real mess.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How was the game with your buddies at the bar? Did you get free drinks all game?
It was good thanks, my pal picked up the bill, was over £200. The bar had all the games on so freebies and the Rams on as well.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Called out Goff in post game presser today

“got to step up more than he has…”

Well then they got the wrong guy in the wrong spot. Holmes was with the Rams for all of Goff's tenure. He knew when Goff was good and when he was bad and why.

Understand your roster. Goff isn't the guy that's carrying anybody...

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Goff will most likely be benched after this season or perhaps right after the game vs the Rams. He doesn’t got it period. His Center is probably malingering because Goff isn’t the one to lead anyone on his own. Whatever though he seemed like he had the goods while here, and all of a sudden took a dump. Thats probably around the same time McVay secretly took off Goffs training wheels to see what he really has. Now we are seeing it. Lions got a long season off season ahead of them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's going to be ugly next week. Goff will get destroyed in the House that he thought was his....

oldnotdead

Legend
Have you watched the Detroit games? Goff has a crap OL and is constantly under pressure. He's played well enough to win 2-3 games but the defense can't hold a lead. Why is Goff supposed to carry the whole damn team? Campbell is getting heat and now he's pointing fingers. Goff is now reduced to throwing to KhaDarel Hodges, remember him? That's how bad their receivers are. They have no running game it's only 3.5% of their offense. So Campbell is full of shit. Goff is 96.5% of his offense with no real receiving threats. How much more does he need to step up? Give me a freaking break.

Goff's INT % is only 1.5% while Stafford's INT % is 1.7% playing behind an OL that is one of the best in the NFL right now. Yes, he's lost 4 fumbles but he's also been sacked 15 times while Stafford has only been sacked 4 times. So how about saying the Detroit OL needs to step up their game, why single out Goff? When you look at Stafford's stats in Detroit and compare to Goff's they aren't that much different.

The bottom line is that the whole freaking team is bad so it's nonsense to blame one player. He should be asking where the hell is my defense? Sure Goff could be playing better but so should the rest of the team. For instance, their defense is ranked around 24th in the NFL why isn't he calling them out? Goff got them leads very late in two different games, only to see them lose to last-second field goals given up after deep completions against Detroit's prevent defense. Funny how Campbell ignores that right?

I'm not a Goff apologist. But the guy was McVay's whipping boy for a lot of problems directly tied to McVay and his staff. Now the same is happening in Detroit. Their DC is crap. They have better talent than their production indicates. It's no different than what's happening with Morris. So maybe Campbell should fire his DC and upgrade there or is having the #24 ranked defense okay with Dan? Campbell might be a likable guy but so far he's a shit NFL coach and his staff isn't much better.

So yeah I'm calling out Campbell and his staff to step up their performance. It's clear to anyone who understands football that is where the problem lies. Better performance by the defense and the Lions would have at least 2 perhaps even 3 wins. So it's not Goff that is the problem, he's just the whipping boy by a struggling HC once again.

It's clear to me that the real difference this year with the Rams has been the OL play and that is directly connected to hiring Carberry to replace Kromer. Proving once again it isn't always the players, but the coaches that are the problem.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Called out Goff in post game presser today

“got to step up more than he has…”

Full quote:

“I feel like (Goff) needs to step up more than he has,” Campbell said. “And, I think he needs to help us, just like everybody else. I think he is gonna need to put a little weight on his shoulders here, and it’s time to step up and make some throws and do some things.”

“He needs help,” Campbell said. “He needs help. Like I told (Goff), and he knows this, but some of that stuff, we’re getting holding calls, because he’s drifting back into the pocket 10 yards deep. That’s not fair to those guys, either, if you hang on to the ball. So, this is a collective effort now. Everything goes hand in hand. But, I want to see (Goff) step up. Because I think he can do it.”

Shuie3225

Starter
When you look at Stafford's stats in Detroit and compare to Goff's they aren't that much different.
What about when you look at Stafford's stats in LA vs Goff's stats in LA the last two years? They're not even remotely close.

I'm not a Goff apologist. But the guy was McVay's whipping boy for a lot of problems directly tied to McVay and his staff.
This is such a weak thing to say and what a cop out. McVay flat out defended Goff for years. YEARS. After the super bowl, after the follow up 2019 disaster. And for 75% of 2021 even he defended him. Never called him out publicly. Never. But after the Miami game he had obviously seen enough. If you want to say "Goff was McVay's whipping boy" because of the last few months of his last year, go right ahead.

But maybe, just maybe McVay was right and you were wrong. Maybe the brilliant offensive mind and football coach who has NFL DNA in his blood knows a thing or two about QBs. Maybe he did maximize Goff's talent. Maybe he did all he could with him and it was time to move on. To me that seems waaaaaaaaay more probable than McVay being a bad coach. Because I've seen what Goff has looked like without McVay. 0-13 and soon to be 0-14.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Full quote:

“I feel like (Goff) needs to step up more than he has,” Campbell said. “And, I think he needs to help us, just like everybody else. I think he is gonna need to put a little weight on his shoulders here, and it’s time to step up and make some throws and do some things.”

“He needs help,” Campbell said. “He needs help. Like I told (Goff), and he knows this, but some of that stuff, we’re getting holding calls, because he’s drifting back into the pocket 10 yards deep. That’s not fair to those guys, either, if you hang on to the ball. So, this is a collective effort now. Everything goes hand in hand. But, I want to see (Goff) step up. Because I think he can do it.”
To be fair Campbell called out the entire team especially the receivers. He was fired up talking about them with there "MA"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To be fair Campbell called out the entire team especially the receivers. He was fired up talking about them with there "MA"

The Lions must have one of the weakest WR groups in the league.

There is our old buddy KhaDarel Hodge. St. Brown had a nice camp, but I think he originally didn’t make the active roster.

Not exactly a group to strike fear into secondaries.

9850AEA5-4545-4A9D-AAA3-D3813EA7DD7C.png

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
The Lions must have one of the weakest WR groups in the league.

There is our old buddy KhaDarel Hodge. St. Brown had a nice camp, but I think he originally didn’t make the active roster.

Not exactly a group to strike fear into secondaries.

View attachment 49061
I can't think of a weaker one in recent memory. They're usually at least one guy that's a solid 3 but the Lions don't even have a solid 4th receiver. It's sad.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Dan Campbell reminds me of Rex Ryan…quotable, and occasionally entertaining but, as a HC… short shelf life.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff's not as good as Stafford.
Goff's supporting cast is not as good as Stafford's.

These aren't competing thoughts.

Ellard80

Legend
Have you watched the Detroit games? Goff has a crap OL and is constantly under pressure. He's played well enough to win 2-3 games but the defense can't hold a lead. Why is Goff supposed to carry the whole damn team? Campbell is getting heat and now he's pointing fingers. Goff is now reduced to throwing to KhaDarel Hodges, remember him? That's how bad their receivers are. They have no running game it's only 3.5% of their offense. So Campbell is full of shit. Goff is 96.5% of his offense with no real receiving threats. How much more does he need to step up? Give me a freaking break.

Goff's INT % is only 1.5% while Stafford's INT % is 1.7% playing behind an OL that is one of the best in the NFL right now. Yes, he's lost 4 fumbles but he's also been sacked 15 times while Stafford has only been sacked 4 times. So how about saying the Detroit OL needs to step up their game, why single out Goff? When you look at Stafford's stats in Detroit and compare to Goff's they aren't that much different.

The bottom line is that the whole freaking team is bad so it's nonsense to blame one player. He should be asking where the hell is my defense? Sure Goff could be playing better but so should the rest of the team. For instance, their defense is ranked around 24th in the NFL why isn't he calling them out? Goff got them leads very late in two different games, only to see them lose to last-second field goals given up after deep completions against Detroit's prevent defense. Funny how Campbell ignores that right?

I'm not a Goff apologist. But the guy was McVay's whipping boy for a lot of problems directly tied to McVay and his staff. Now the same is happening in Detroit. Their DC is crap. They have better talent than their production indicates. It's no different than what's happening with Morris. So maybe Campbell should fire his DC and upgrade there or is having the #24 ranked defense okay with Dan? Campbell might be a likable guy but so far he's a shit NFL coach and his staff isn't much better.

So yeah I'm calling out Campbell and his staff to step up their performance. It's clear to anyone who understands football that is where the problem lies. Better performance by the defense and the Lions would have at least 2 perhaps even 3 wins. So it's not Goff that is the problem, he's just the whipping boy by a struggling HC once again.

It's clear to me that the real difference this year with the Rams has been the OL play and that is directly connected to hiring Carberry to replace Kromer. Proving once again it isn't always the players, but the coaches that are the problem.
interesting because Detroits o-line was supposed to be a top tier o-line. ... I see a pattern here.
Goff has shitty receivers and little running game - not to mention a shity defense,

Goff isn't entirely to blame its a bad team. However he was playing decent in the beginning of the year but has been regressing quickly since the Green Bay game,

Detroit is bad but Goff aint good either.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
interesting because Detroit's o-line was supposed to be a top tier o-line. ... I see a pattern here.
Goff has shitty receivers and little running game - not to mention a shity defense,

Goff isn't entirely to blame its a bad team. However he was playing decent in the beginning of the year but has been regressing quickly since the Green Bay game,

Detroit is bad but Goff aint good either.

The Lions' O-Line was supposed to be a team strength but the top players were C Ragnow and LT Decker.

Ragnow was injured in the first quarter of the fourth game and is out for the season; and Decker has yet to take a snap in 2021 due to injury. Then add-in that the Lions' #1 pick Sewell was going to plat RT his rookie season but was moved to LT to replace Decker.

Team strength no more.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not a Goff apologist. But the guy was McVay's whipping boy for a lot of problems directly tied to McVay and his staff.
I agreed with everything you said until I read this. Too many check downs and safety valves when receivers were open down field, poor pocket awareness and the inability to read defenses are the reasons Goff is gone. Not because he was McVay's whipping boy. McVay continued to tailor the playbook to Goff's strengths and away from his weaknesses, but it eventually turned the offense into a plodding ball control scheme.

Give it up with blaming McVay. Its an old ass fake argument that nobody is buying anymore.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Goff’s motivation against the Rams will be sky high. A power run game, good Oline and big play passing is what the Rams struggle against right now. Either they clean it up quick or that game could be very close
Looks Like I have no need to worry. Injuries have whittled that team down so bad that I think they'd struggle with Miami.