Say what you want, I love Dan Campbell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Goff is a perfect example of someone needing a good coach to succeed., 0-7 under Fisher, o-5 under Campbell.

Under McVay, he was one of the winningest QBs during that tenure.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Lol what? What does any qb have to do when he leaves the field with the lead and the defense gives up points? Nothing. The qb can't be blamed for the defense not performing when they're needed too. Your bias is showing.

If the team is down by 14 going into the 4th quarter, and the QB has two turnovers, I would say he has something to do with that.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
If the team is down by 14 going into the 4th quarter, and the QB has two turnovers, I would say he has something to do with that.
When the qb leaves the field with the lead is it not the defense job to stop them yes or no?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jared does not lead the NFL in turnovers this season.
He’s just got the most fumbles.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jared does not lead the NFL in turnovers this season.
He’s just got the most fumbles.
Probably the most shit-filled britches too. Boy looks like Bambi back there.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes will be a good combo in a couple of years. Detroit need to improve their talent, no question; but they will have the capital to do it. NFC North will be wide open in 2024 - why not the Lions?

TexasRam

Legend
Dan Campbell is a caveman in the modern NFL.

This game is ruled by really smart creative guys that develop systems and schemes to gain an advantage. It has for been decades.

Especially today when excessive alpha male physicality and intimidation gets you a 15 yard penalty.

It's also ruled by teams that can acquire technicians that can operate at the highest levels of consistency and accuracy.

Whether it's QB's that can throw pinpoint passes and dissect coverage's, or CB's that can play with disciplined techniques, angles and anticipation, or LBers that can make the right reads, or OL men that can execute the right blocks with the right technique.

Biting kneecaps and punching people in the mouth is tough guy talk. It's out of touch leader talk as well.

Work smarter not harder.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably the most shit-filled britches too. Boy looks like Bambi back there.
Although both Goff and Stafford have thrown WTF interceptions, it's that look of helplessness when Jared was/is trying to avoid the pass rush that made me feel hopeless about him last year. I am amazed at how smooth Stafford appears when he moves around in the pocket, and always being prepared to throw the ball downfield. Even when the pocket collapses, or when he's in a place where he can't properly set himself for a throw, those off platform throws are amazing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, and the only time that happened was the Green Bay game, which they lost conceivably. QB left the field twice with a lead and mere seconds to go and the D coughed it up. Takes a certain level of hate colored glasses to pin that on the QB

EDIT-
The only time they trailed by 2 TD, the QB didnt have 2 turnovers but he did lead them to 16 4th Q points and almost tied the game

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Campbell, has Detroit playing competitive football.
Detroit fans should be happy with him.

Holmes has some work to do, because they need to beef up that defense and tighten up the WR position.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
5 games, had a chance to win/tie in 3 games at the final whistle (lead in 2)
1 game down 10 couldnt convert 4th and 1 with 4+ minutes left at opp 8
1 game led at half, down 1 headed to 4th

Seems this could go either way, team builds off it makes them know they could win
or
the losses mount and the train falls off the tracks

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is a perfect example of someone needing a good coach to succeed., 0-7 under Fisher, o-5 under Campbell.

Under McVay, he was one of the winningest QBs during that tenure.
I think that's being hard on Stafford and his losing record in Detroit

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yup. Lions had no business being up to being with. Alexander Mattison after a fantastic day inexplicably fumbled and gifted them a sweet spot. Never mind the crap offensive output the remainder of the game. Picks, fumbles, punts. 6 points. The Vikings aren't defensive juggernauts either.

TOs matter. Any good day is instantly wiped out. Alexander Mattison owes Greg Joseph dinner for this whole week.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Ok, and the only time that happened was the Green Bay game, which they lost conceivably. QB left the field twice with a lead and mere seconds to go and the D coughed it up. Takes a certain level of hate colored glasses to pin that on the QB

EDIT-
The only time they trailed by 2 TD, the QB didnt have 2 turnovers but he did lead them to 16 4th Q points and almost tied the game

You are welcome to watch Lions games all you want. Let me know what 0-17 feels like.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like what that staff is doing with the team. Watched a few of their games now and they play hard for a full 60 and that's a good indicator going forward.

Also that OL is solid. The way they're approaching the build allows for either Goff to get a good look through this season, or to have the pieces around the young QB they bring in if they elect to draft one. And even if they draft one I'd hold on to Goff as a bridge until the kid's ready.

This upcoming offseason they should have 3 picks in the first 40 or so selections and more than $40M of cap space to keep building the roster. They have a strong team identity (power run game and over the top passing) in terms of what they want to do. So I'd like to see them competing in that division, tired of seeing Green Bay sitting there all fat and happy and unlike the other teams I don't have any painful memories/dislike for the Lions or anything.