Say what you want, I love Dan Campbell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are welcome to watch Lions games all you want. Let me know what 0-17 feels like.
I can tell you what 4-1, & on our way to 7-1 feels like. If you are so concerned with 0-17, maybe talk to a Cleveland Browns fan? They were 0-17 between 2016-2017. Hope it helps!
As for your Goff obsession? Dont know how to help you there

Tano

Legend
I like what that staff is doing with the team. Watched a few of their games now and they play hard for a full 60 and that's a good indicator going forward.

Also that OL is solid. The way they're approaching the build allows for either Goff to get a good look through this season, or to have the pieces around the young QB they bring in if they elect to draft one. And even if they draft one I'd hold on to Goff as a bridge until the kid's ready.

This upcoming offseason they should have 3 picks in the first 40 or so selections and more than $40M of cap space to keep building the roster. They have a strong team identity (power run game and over the top passing) in terms of what they want to do. So I'd like to see them competing in that division, tired of seeing Green Bay sitting there all fat and happy and unlike the other teams I don't have any painful memories/dislike for the Lions or anything.
I would still trade down quite a bit and get as many good players as they can with how strong this draft will be. Heck I would try to get another 1st round pick for the following year. Their first pick should easily be in the top 2 picks the way this year will go.

If Goff continues to fail next year, then I get a good young QB in the following year's draft since they will still have 2 1st round picks or 3 if they do the above.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared does not lead the NFL in turnovers this season.
He’s just got the most fumbles.
Same amount of turnovers as Pat Mahomes
Alas, its just about the only sentence that Goff's name belongs in that includes the Best QB in the game, but is what it is

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like what that staff is doing with the team. Watched a few of their games now and they play hard for a full 60 and that's a good indicator going forward.

Also that OL is solid. The way they're approaching the build allows for either Goff to get a good look through this season, or to have the pieces around the young QB they bring in if they elect to draft one. And even if they draft one I'd hold on to Goff as a bridge until the kid's ready.

This upcoming offseason they should have 3 picks in the first 40 or so selections and more than $40M of cap space to keep building the roster. They have a strong team identity (power run game and over the top passing) in terms of what they want to do. So I'd like to see them competing in that division, tired of seeing Green Bay sitting there all fat and happy and unlike the other teams I don't have any painful memories/dislike for the Lions or anything.
Yup. Totally agree. That's why I previously was saying that they are either on the verge of some good things, or the "fight for the full 60" mentality will cave in....
Decent o-line, great TE, very good RB and basically a WR staff that makes the Spags 4 pillars group look HOF
I'd discuss the D but havent seen one hit the field for them yet. Lol

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I can tell you what 4-1, & on our way to 7-1 feels like. If you are so concerned with 0-17, maybe talk to a Cleveland Browns fan? They were 0-17 between 2016-2017. Hope it helps!
As for your Goff obsession? Dont know how to help you there

I tried to root for him when watching a Lions game this year. I actually don't hate him. But shortly after I turned the game on, he fumbled and lost it, and I was like, well, so much for that. Maybe he has to start wearing gloves?

dang

Legend
So when does the Detroit fire sale begin? I’ll fire up the station wagon and pick up Snead at 5 am to beat the crowd.

Tano

Legend
I tried to root for him when watching a Lions game this year. I actually don't hate him. But shortly after I turned the game on, he fumbled and lost it, and I was like, well, so much for that. Maybe he has to start wearing gloves?
He needs to do something because he is almost as bad as Warner was in 2003 where if he gets hit - he fumbles the ball

And Warner only was able to hold onto the ball after he injured his hands when they developed a glove specifically for him.

Goff needs something like that.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would still trade down quite a bit and get as many good players as they can with how strong this draft will be. Heck I would try to get another 1st round pick for the following year. Their first pick should easily be in the top 2 picks the way this year will go.

If Goff continues to fail next year, then I get a good young QB in the following year's draft since they will still have 2 1st round picks or 3 if they do the above.

Yup. Totally agree. That's why I previously was saying that they are either on the verge of some good things, or the "fight for the full 60" mentality will cave in....
Decent o-line, great TE, very good RB and basically a WR staff that makes the Spags 4 pillars group look HOF
I'd discuss the D but havent seen one hit the field for them yet. Lol

Great posts.

Honestly it kinda feels like that first year of Vermeil’s tenure in STL with really assessing the roster, changing the mentality, and getting the players to put out and invest themselves.

They have the ammo in the coming years and with or without Goff they have the potential to change the course of the last 50 years if they play it right.

I’m curious what non hyped ( Trey Lance) QB is coming out next year? Haven’t followed much on the years of potentials coming out yet?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’m curious what non hyped ( Trey Lance) QB is coming out next year? Haven’t followed much on the years of potentials coming out yet?

Sam Howell (North Carolina) is my favorite, but he's fallen off. Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati) is someone who's impressed; I saw his game against Temple, and he could seemingly do no wrong (although Temple's freshman running back Saydee was impressive as well).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Goff’s motivation against the Rams will be sky high. A power run game, good Oline and big play passing is what the Rams struggle against right now. Either they clean it up quick or that game could be very close

Memento

Name
Jemma
I respect Campbell. It takes a real man to admit their emotions and wear them on their sleeves. Yes, male sports are macho stuff for the most part, and I respect toughness, but if one doesn't have emotions, they're only hurting themselves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I Dont Season 8 GIF by Friends

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I get pissed when I see our players smiling after a loss. I want people who put it all in. Everything they have. Dan Campbell is doing that and I believe it will pay off for him. Maybe not this year. But, it will.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sam Howell (North Carolina) is my favorite, but he's fallen off. Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati) is someone who's impressed; I saw his game against Temple, and he could seemingly do no wrong (although Temple's freshman running back Saydee was impressive as well).
Nice! Im pretty hesitant on small school QB’s but admiringly I haven’t seen any of the above guys games not to mention highlights yet! Lol

I’ll go out of my way this weekend to catch a glimpse this weekend.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Nice! Im pretty hesitant on small school QB’s but admiringly I haven’t seen any of the above guys games not to mention highlights yet! Lol

I’ll go out of my way this weekend to catch a glimpse this weekend.

Ridder currently has Cincinnati as 5-0, and from the glimpses I got of him throwing the ball (has zip, touch, accuracy, very mobile, went through reads occasionally, although the system doesn't require it), I'd say he's a first round pick. Definitely a quarterback I hoped would come out last year for us before we picked up Stafford.

I bet Howell goes back for his senior year to revive his draft stock; that's what Ridder did for Cinci.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

View: https://youtu.be/z-rpL-ySdeY

Dan Campbell is a guy you go out and give your heart and all you have for. Sure, he might not be ele que t on the mic but man that’s a guy you want to go out and give every ounce of effort you have.

Two nail biting close losses.

Yelling at my TV like it’s the Rams watching Goff throw those INT’s or losing the ball on the ground, I’d still like to see him and Campbell succeed, and with having been labeled a Goff hater. What a world :laugh3::fistbump1:

Going to be interesting how this plays out the next quarter of the season for them. Outside of our game I’ll be rooting for them!

Go Lions!

Do they win one in the next 4?
Bengals
@rams
Eagles
@Steelers

Goff has NEVER won without Sean Mcvay. I think Dan Campbell needs another shots of espresso.

I like his OC as a coach. Think he cares about his players.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol you mean it's not his fault his defense has failed to seal the deal (twice now) with less then a min left.

And to think people had the gall to talk about Stafford's W/L record when he lost so many games this exact way.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see he’s called out Goff now. Not sure about that.