Sam Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sorry Mackeyser. I didn't know you had access to some of the actual pro evaluators information.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
and yet, he seems to run well enough to chase down QBs and make the plays he needs to make, Not sure how often DEs have to run a 40 yd sprint in a live game situation.
It's a fact that closing speed is important chasing QB's. Not for 40 yards but speed matters. That's what made Leonard little special and separates Robert Quinn now from others. It also makes OTs guess that they hope you don't take them outside. Gets them overthinking

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Holy cow, man. Lemme be crystal clear.

Don't have that info. Do my own video breakdowns. Sometimes why the pro evaluators are wrong isn't because "everyone misses" but because the pattern is OBVIOUS or at least should be to anyone who gets paid to evaluate personnel at ANY level.

People who know me from the Rampagers list and other forums know I don't do many evals, but I rarely miss. And, in before "you should do that for a living"....

I just really like watching and talking about football and sometimes breaking down vids when I'm up to it. That's pretty much it.

It really doesn't have to be all that...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Holy cow, man. Lemme be crystal clear.

Don't have that info. Do my own video breakdowns. Sometimes why the pro evaluators are wrong isn't because "everyone misses" but because the pattern is OBVIOUS or at least should be to anyone who gets paid to evaluate personnel at ANY level.

People who know me from the Rampagers list and other forums know I don't do many evals, but I rarely miss. And, in before "you should do that for a living"....

I just really like watching and talking about football and sometimes breaking down vids when I'm up to it. That's pretty much it.

It really doesn't have to be all that...

Ok. Ok. I read that Brockers and Dorsey were dinged by someone as assumed you had access to pro evaulators.

BTW, though I don't recall your player evaluations, I'm familiar with you from the Ramspagers list and, if I'm not mistaken, the Original Herd Board years ago. I used to post there quite a bit, under the name 1st Rounder before Bucky passed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
its-a-small-world.jpg

209RamsFan

Sam was good....Westbrooks was Better...Sam will go to a team that needs more defensive help...we are loaded on the defensive side....now if we can just land a QB....SuperBowl baby!

Teran

UDFA
I think a Sam's main problem is visible from his Combine broad and vertical jump results. He had no vertical kick while his horizontal was just above average. He isn't a burst guy with a 2nd speed. He is slow to get off and if he gets through he isn't fast enough with any burst to catch someone from behind. There are enough teams with needs where that can be good enough for this year. If he slips through to our practise squad we should put a nutritionist and trainer on him with an eye to getting him leaner with a fast burn metabolism.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Everyone knew Michael Sam was going to have a major uphill climb to earn a job on this defensive line. Throw in Westbrooks looking like a stud in all aspects of the game and he didn't have a chance.

Sam showed enough to earn him a job on another team's 53. If they're too closed minded to pick him up I will gladly take him on our practice squad.

Good work young man, keep your head up because this is the best defensive line in football.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Im thinking Dallas signs him very quickly. They are in need along the D line.

Dallas and pretty much any team in the NFC East, really. Honestly, if you look, there's easily 10 teams that should take him (I say 10 because I don't think he's a fit in a 3-4).

Will they do it? I dunno. I said last week that pitting Westbrooks against Sam wasn't good for either and I maintain that. It almost inevitably forces folks to put down one in making the case for the other, even if subconsciously. I maintain that BOTH are good. Westbrooks is currently better AND a better scheme/roster fit for the Rams. So the Rams went with him and only him because of roster developments elsewhere.

But how many times have we seen teams let good players go or not take good players because they can't get of their own way?

Dallas can use him, but when was the last time Dallas made a good decision about that mess of a D? The very teams that could use him are also just as likely to pass him up because they don't have the capacity for good decision making.