Russell Wilson: Either listen to me or let me go. Seattle taking calls?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I still think wilson is the best mobile QB in the league and, until recently, has been vastly underrated.

As much as I love to see him take a beating every time we play him, it seems like he still manages to always make some plays. I have always respected his game despite his career numbers vs the Rams being so much worse than against anybody else.

I thought the price for Stafford was too steep (though I liked the trade), but I’d give up that much for wilson in a heartbeat. Never a second thought. Plugging him into this offense puts us in the SB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not getting this. He has played 32 out of 32 games. Difference being getting hurt & getting injured.

Murray? Two years into his career and both years he was injured before the season ended.

If it affects the way or how well a player can perform it’s an injury. By your estimation Aaron Donald was just hurt.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reg season

2012-2020 Total career sacks: 394

2012-2020 sacks vs Rams: 8, 11, 6, 10, 4, 10, 6, 6, 11 = 72
(Rams avg 8 per season, 4 per game)

2012-2020 sack % by Rams: 18%

Playoffs

44 times sacked, 5 by Rams = 11%
My apologies, I had claimed just AD. Are we sure we want Wilson to leave? He sure helps pad the Rams sack total. Just ask Floyd LOL.

Great Post @Classic Rams

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the off-season QB musical chairs everyone thought would happen is gonna be a bit of a dud.

I don't think Watson is traded... I think those assholes running the show in Houston think they can bully this kid into playing and they can't. Players around the league are already not willing to go there and any that do will command a premium and likely only do it for a year until the cap expands again.

Stafford and Goff are off the table now.

Rodgers and Wilson are staying put, no matter how many click-baity articles are out there, both for Cap and organizational reasons.

What's left are Darnold, Wentz, Mariota, Winston (if the Saints don't retain him), Newton (if he can even get a gig after this past season), maybe Bridgewater.

Carr's gonna stay in Las Vegas because the Raiders would only give him up for Watson and that's super likely to not be happening.

So yeah.

Wilson isn't going anywhere. Cap hit too high in a down year and the org DID consult him and took his input and hired an OC he vibed with. Like with Rodgers, this is all about sending a message to Carroll that he wants OL help. Period. Make it happen. That's it.

I think once the draft is over, we're gonna see that the Rams hit a grand slam home run this off-season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the off-season QB musical chairs everyone thought would happen is gonna be a bit of a dud.

I don't think Watson is traded... I think those assholes running the show in Houston think they can bully this kid into playing and they can't. Players around the league are already not willing to go there and any that do will command a premium and likely only do it for a year until the cap expands again.

Stafford and Goff are off the table now.

Rodgers and Wilson are staying put, no matter how many click-baity articles are out there, both for Cap and organizational reasons.

What's left are Darnold, Wentz, Mariota, Winston (if the Saints don't retain him), Newton (if he can even get a gig after this past season), maybe Bridgewater.

Carr's gonna stay in Las Vegas because the Raiders would only give him up for Watson and that's super likely to not be happening.

So yeah.

Wilson isn't going anywhere. Cap hit too high in a down year and the org DID consult him and took his input and hired an OC he vibed with. Like with Rodgers, this is all about sending a message to Carroll that he wants OL help. Period. Make it happen. That's it.

I think once the draft is over, we're gonna see that the Rams hit a grand slam home run this off-season.

Yep because GMs don’t read reporters click bait

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, although the Colts have to do something, they cant just turn the keys over to a mid round rookie QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I honestly think he brings a lot of those sacks on himself. How does his offensive line know where he is going to be? It may be that his line sucks but he also bails out of the pocket as more of a first thought rather than because he has to. Surely there are a lot of cases where the pocket folds and he gets sacked but he also runs away from his blockers and into the path of defenders.

He's a very good QB but I don't know that he will ever stay in the pocket when he feels he can make things happen with his legs.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
He he, ho ho its off to schadenfrued town we go!

1613086410673.jpeg

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I honestly think he brings a lot of those sacks on himself. How does his offensive line know where he is going to be? It may be that his line sucks but he also bails out of the pocket as more of a first thought rather than because he has to. Surely there are a lot of cases where the pocket folds and he gets sacked but he also runs away from his blockers and into the path of defenders.

He's a very good QB but I don't know that he will ever stay in the pocket when he feels he can make things happen with his legs.
Totally agree. These type of QBs always feel they can beat you with their scramble ability. And yes usually they see a lane or opening and take off.

The downside is the amount of time they hold onto the ball also creates negative plays. So the question is which hurts or helps a team more.

Obviously it didn't help Seattle in the NFC playoff game against us.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Agreed, although the Colts have to do something, they cant just turn the keys over to a mid round rookie QB.

I think the Colts have to realize that they effed up not going harder for Stafford.

I really meant it when I said that once the dust from the Stafford/Goff deal settled, that teams who were looking at QB changes had to panic a little.

Colts the most followed by the 9ers and Patriots and then a group including Denver, Miami, and the NY Jets.

I think a lot of teams may be forced due to cap reasons to stick with who they have for a year.

Also: with the NFL saying that the off-season is basically cancelled and virtual like last year, this is a terrible time to change QBs unless they've played in a similar system.

Ellard80

Legend

winner winner... saw them talking about this today.

Russell actually ranks int he high in having time to throw.. he gets sacked a lot because he runs around a lot also.

I find it amusing that he is complaing about getting hit - when a lot of it his his own doing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Seahawks are now fielding offers
for Wilson.

$39 million cap hit if they trade him with 3 years left of a signing bonus at $13 million a year. The team trading for him will be getting a cheap QB for sure but with a $39 million cap hit for trading him instead of a $32 cap hit on the roster and only $11 million in cap space makes it tough on the books to move him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I still don’t see it.

But... sure, trade him. He is the reason Seattle is good every year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
$39 million cap hit if they trade him with 3 years left of a signing bonus at $13 million a year. The team trading for him will be getting a cheap QB for sure but with a $39 million cap hit for trading him instead of a $32 cap hit on the roster and only $11 million in cap space makes it tough on the books to move him.

Yes that is unmanageable unless they got a high pick and drafted a rookie QB and did a reset. From things I’ve read about Pete I think it w

She said not shopping, but fielding calls and making calls. Isn’t that shopping him?

sloramfan

Starter
the jets #1this and #1 next year for RW...

the seahawks get a rook QB, and we kill them for 3 years... pete carroll gets fired..

all well in ramsland..

go rams

slo

sloramfan

Starter
i'm pretty challenged tech wise so if one of the moderators could give me a pic of the deacon for my avatar, it would be much appreciated.. :)

thank you

go rams

slo

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Trade him, keep him doesn't matter. Based on the last few Rams/shitbird games, Russell Wilson is the least of the Rams' worries.