Run it or gun it against Tenn?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
I know most books say establish the run early but I say gun it(Kupp will have first 2td game) and run like hell as soon as we establish 2 possession lead. So what if they know it's coming? Saffold doesn't care.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Okay ...........with the Tenn Titans #1 CB unhealthy & the top reserve CB LeShaun Sims out leaving rookie Adoree Jackson as the only other high caliber corner left....then add that both of the Tenn starting safeties of Jon Cyprien & Da Norris Seary both better as "In the Box" hitters with pass defense not their best skill?

You put 3 WR's out there & when the Titan pass rush heats up... screen to Gurley/ Brown/ Austin to get the fork out for the early defeat. Rams get up 2 TD forces the Titans to move away from the run & on to that pass offense:D

Goff should have a very big day if they go after this secondary hard ....IMO

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
C'mon now... we know what McVay likes to do...

Pass, Pass, Pass, run, Pass, Pass, run...

Especially with a hurt secondary like NO

We ran the ball alot against the seacocks because their linebackers were all hurt.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Tennessee's defense is 3rd defending the run and 25th against the pass. Do you play the hot hand and keep running Gurley even if he struggles to get going early? OR - do you come out trying to shred that defense through the air and try to jump out to a big early lead?

I think this will be a pass heavy day, though I get the feeling later in the game Malcom Brown will get around 7-8 runs in the fourth quarter. Todd will be donning the hoody, have around 15 carries-70 yards and another 3 catches for 35 yards.

I think a few other guys have said it. We target their backup corners, and go to town early and often. I think Jared gets 3 completions over 40 yards, including one to Sammy for a TD.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing is, the Rams have enough talent to upend a defense. McVay knows that the best plan is to jump on this team like a mugger on Richard Simmons..get up by 14 points and make them feel like Marriota has to win the game for them.

Advantage Aaron Donald & Robert Quinn.

The offense can start to do anything, including feeding the Gurley in the pass/run game and the Titans are cooked...(Pass out the hats, and party at midfield.)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Gun it, then run it, or vice versa.

Pretty sure I covered my bases.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Side note: How was the hike last week with the dogs?

X has created/recreated a patent excuse when one doesn't wanna deal with folks..."Gonna go walk the dog." I might use that when I'm on the game day thread and Cooper Kupp drops a single pass and the boards acts as though that single play might have cost the Rams the game and was proof that Kupp was a bust :)jerkoff:)....meanwhile, the Rams go up 40-0 at CLink....I left for a while after that moment, but now when I do that, "Gonna go walk the dog."

Thanks X.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams will bust them up with the passing game and by the time it's over TG will have a nice day on the ground.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i want Goff to have a massve day 450 yards 4 tds ...then let gurley run all over them in the 2nd half ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
i want Goff to have a massve day 450 yards 4 tds ...then let gurley run all over them in the 2nd half ;)

If we’re up early with 4 Goff TDs then I sit the starters. Last thin I want is to see someone injured in a blowout

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Goff gets 350 and 3 touchdowns this week. Sammy is gunna get 100.
I like this^, but you a Lil off! If Goroppolo, from the 9ers, can put up over 380 yards passing against the Titans, Goff and our Crew should get 500 yards and 4 TD's passing easy! Then add in what Gurley will get on the ground after they Back-off to cover the pass!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Side note: How was the hike last week with the dogs?
Most excellent, thank you.

And @LoyalRam is right. I just didn't wanna deal with people that day. Lol. Plus my dog is 11, and getting slower, so I wanna get some quality time in with her and make her happy as much as possible.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we’re up early with 4 Goff TDs then I sit the starters. Last thin I want is to see someone injured in a blowout
That post was at least 95% hyperbole 4% sarcasm 1% truth

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the temps aren’t an issue, I’m thinking Air Goff. Yah!

If the balls are harder than advanced calculus due to low temp, then run the Gurleyman in smash mouth, rip your head off, kick ‘em in the shins football. Should be fun. Could be lots of turnovers in this game.

BadCompany

Rookie
First drive, shot-gun, hurry-up offense. Gotta practice it sometime, right? 8 straight passes, including three straight to Sammy Watkins on the same seam route. 7-0 three minutes in.

Or straight-out bomb to Watkins on the first play of the game. Either way I'm good.

#horsecart

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Most excellent, thank you.

And @LoyalRam is right. I just didn't wanna deal with people that day. Lol. Plus my dog is 11, and getting slower, so I wanna get some quality time in with her and make her happy as much as possible.

My dog most definitely doesn't like watching Ram games with me! I'm way too exciteable!