Run it or gun it against Tenn?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tennessee's defense is 3rd defending the run and 25th against the pass. Do you play the hot hand and keep running Gurley even if he struggles to get going early? OR - do you come out trying to shred that defense through the air and try to jump out to a big early lead?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm coming out first series and every play is a fake jet sweep play action pass. Hahaha he'll go jumbo set play action deep pass to Sammy.

But seriously I think Jared will be doing a ton of play action.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think McVay is ready to make sure he gives Gurley and the Offensive Line their opportunity. However, I think play action passing is going to be a big one in this game, and the screen game.

Titan linebackers have a lot of sacks and we can use Gurley and our Tight ends to exploit. . . Maybe this is the Tavon game?

Side note: How was the hike last week with the dogs?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i think they take the path of least resistance.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
From what i remember the Eagles were 3rd against the run when they played us. I'd keep running, but a few bombs down the field would be nice.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Both. I would love to see them open with a couple of those PA throws down the seam to butter the D up a bit....then hit em with the screen game and sprinkle in the Gurley off tackle stuff. Lets get Woods rolling again also. Oh, and maybe some deep stuff to Everett...and Reynolds.....and Watkins....too much to ask??

socalrams90

Starter
3rd against the run but vs who?

Honestly I’m starting to not worry about shit like this. We can impose what type of game we want and they can worry about the adjustments. We’re the better team period.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I'd run Todd Gurley left behind Saffold and Whitworth. Let Saffold throw the Safety about three yards back like what he did to the Seahawks. Or run Gurley up the middle between Sullivan and Saffold.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think we do what we want to do. Our offense is at the point where we are good enough to dictate how we score points. I think we will see a heavy dose of PA passing to set up the run. I don't think their pass defense is very good and their offense certainly doesn't scare me. We just can't let Marcus run all over the field. We have to play him much like we did Wilson. Slow rush and make him beat us from the pocket.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I want to see more off tackle power runs...and a couple of bombs to Watkins and Woods

I want to see fewer off tackle power runs.....
I want to see more zone weak side runs, then play action - bombs to Watkins and Woods.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Unleash the Goff!!!! Need to get him as ready as possible for the playoffs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Whats cool about this team is that it can come from anywhere. They have shown that they can beat you with O, D or ST. Much to like for us and a TON of worries for opposing teams. What I want to see most this Sunday........

Hats and Tee shirts for our boys after the game.......

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
You take what they give you

Be interesting to see how the Titans play it

I feel they’ll begin the game loading the box

Good luck with that

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
As an unbiased Todd Gurley fantasy owner who is playing in the Super Bowl of a money league, I say RUN THE DAMN BALL!!! (y)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Both. Whatever we've been doing the last 3 weeks has worked. I'd prefer a balanced attack to keep Tennessee honest and audible to pass run option plays based on what the defense gives.

It sounds like Tennessee is hurting in the secondary, so they may try and cheat back, which will give Dr. Gurley room to operate.