Run it or gun it against Tenn?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As an unbiased Todd Gurley fantasy owner
yeah-right-clueless.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The good thing is...

We don't rely on any one thing on offense anymore. We can attack whatever weakness the defense presents.

And then score 30+ on they asses. :sneaky:

While they are trying to deal with the Mob Squad.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Tennessee's defense is 3rd defending the run and 25th against the pass. Do you play the hot hand and keep running Gurley even if he struggles to get going early? OR - do you come out trying to shred that defense through the air and try to jump out to a big early lead?

Do you play the hot hand and keep running Gurley even if he struggles to get going early? OR - do you come out trying to shred that defense through the air and try to jump out to a big early lead?

Are you asking us to hypothetically play coach McVay and game plan for the Titans @-X- ?

That's a lot of pressure on us armchair quarterbacks and I don't like being backed into a corner forced to answer these types of questions. ;)

I'm going to guess out of the gate it's run, run, play action pass and run some more because of the success by Gurley last Sunday at Seattle.

Now if the Titans run defense holds up to their season stats/trends for the first two Rams offensive drives, I'm going to quickly change my mind to play action pass, shot gun pass and shot gun pass some more.

For real though, this is an interesting game to game plan for out of the gate, because the Titans are due to perform better than their last 2 showings and the Rams can't play much better than they did last week in the first half.

7297175_orig.jpg

gettyimages-856380686.jpg

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Obviously thin in the secondary, at least at corner, so that helps the decision making process.

The way this team is blocking and the way Gurley is running right now, it feels like that's a good choice no matter who this team goes against. I say the way this TEAM is blocking, not just line, because it's not just the line. There's 9 guys making it happen out there.

It seems like McVay is going to have the full menu to choose from here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, in the past, going into games, McVay has exploited what the defense's weaknesses are on tape.
Oftentimes that's the right call. I see no reason why he wouldn't come into this one guns blazing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Run the ball and let it set up the pass, Gurley & Brown with Austin thrown in for camouflage and a couple of deep routes to Watkins & Woods with Kupp over the middle add the icing with Higbee to remind the Titans the Rams already played the best team in their division.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
3rd against the run but vs who?

Honestly I’m starting to not worry about crap like this. We can impose what type of game we want and they can worry about the adjustments. We’re the better team period.

Yes.

I see no reason why he wouldn't come into this one guns blazing.

Many years ago the Rams played the Chargers who had at the time a highly ranked defense.

Against the pass they were just so-so.

Warner vaporized them.

So yeah I think McVay will come out and go into throw it mode and will take a couple of deep chances to Watkins. I think he is on the road and is going to want to get on top early. And I think they will.

And from there I expect to see a lopsided win.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Run the ball and let it set up the pass, Gurley & Brown with Austin thrown in for camouflage and a couple of deep routes to Watkins & Woods with Kupp over the middle add the icing with Higbee to remind the Titans the Rams already played the best team in their division.

Hi Sean........why did you highjack Den's account here?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I haven’t seen much Tennessee but looking at there game stats, nobody has run the ball against them in 7 weeks. Hyde and SF got nothing, Pitt with Bell scores 40 but not much in the run game. SF threw for 363 and Tom Savage was like 360.

I’m not a genius but I’m throwing against this D!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
This reminds me of the Saints game for the Rams offense. With our mismatches at WR v their 2nd and 4th corners...it would be madness not to exploit it early and often. Tennessee is a much better run defense than Seattle and I believe even Philly. They are very disciplined. And they never came close to stopping Garoppolo so... take what they’re giving you. Once they make adjustments to help their passing game with increased pressure, that’s when you hit them w screens and misdirection. When they get winded, it’s time to power run them over. The fun thing is that Sean will mix it all up anytime he feels the time is right

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
As an unbiased Todd Gurley fantasy owner who is playing in the Super Bowl of a money league, I say RUN THE DAMN BALL!!! (y)
Same here Wentz went down for me So I put Goff in my line up w/ Gurley

Team name: Jacking Goff to Gurley Pics

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I wonder how much of their run D being good is match-ups and teams not needing to run too much. They haven't faced many good running teams recently. The Steelers only ran Bell 12 times. I don't think they have a bad run D, but it may just not be as good as it looks on paper since teams really don't seem to have to commit to the running game against them. Kind of like some of those bad Rams teams having a top ranked pass defense in yardage, but the 32nd ranked run D. They probably aren't THAT bad, but they might not necessarily be as good as that top 5 run D would lead one to believe.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both. We ran all over Philly and Seattle, and both of those teams have tough run defenses.

Let Todd eat. Let Goff eat. Let's put up a bunch of points.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Titans are really weak against running backs catching passes out of the backfield.

Lean on Todd, but through the air as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How many of y'all remember the June Jones run & shoot offense of the early 90's?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Same here Wentz went down for me So I put Goff in my line up w/ Gurley

Team name: Jacking Goff to Gurley Pics
Ditto. I'm prepped no matter what. Now the only decision is if I should start Watkins and Woods (to get back up to 4 Rams after gz went down) or just Woods. I could also just go all in and grab the Rams defense for kicks and giggles. But that would be excessive I think.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just do your thing McVay. Run when they are thinking pass. Pass when they are thinking run. Get that big lead and just do what the hell you want!!!!:sneaky: