Run it or gun it against Tenn?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Pass Early Deep and Often. Get a Lead 21 points. Then Run on 1st down. Depends on that go back to pas or run it again. Then Play Action Pass to get some more points. Don't want Gurley to get hurt. Lot's of Jet sweeps and screen plays.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Take what the defense gives you. Always.

I think that's McVay's MO especially with the weapons he has at his disposal. This team can pass it or run it until the clock hits zeroes. It's just not possible to make this team one dimensional because of the way they run the ball and pass the ball.

And @LoyalRam is right. I just didn't wanna deal with people that day. Lol. Plus my dog is 11, and getting slower, so I wanna get some quality time in with her and make her happy as much as possible.

In my opinion how people treat animals is one of the biggest character indicators. It really gives you a peek into their soul.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Titans placed CB LeShaun Sims on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, ending his season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11453/leshaun-sims

Sims injured his hamstring in Wednesday's practice. CB Demontre Hurst has been promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding move. Sims was the Titans' No. 3 corner, entering in sub-packages when Logan Ryan moved into the slot. Brice McCain will probably reenter the picture after getting benched. Sims was Pro Football Focus' No. 73 cover corner out of 119 qualifier.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5402/brice-mccain
http://www.nfl.com/player/bricemccain/238466/gamelogs

Logan Ryan – Cornerback – Ankle
https://titansized.com/2017/12/22/tennessee-titans-week-16-injury-report-vs-the-los-angeles-rams/

At this point, Logan Ryan has still not practiced this week due to an ankle injury. He suffered the injury against the 49ers, but is expected to play against the Rams. Ryan is the veteran leader in the secondary and would be a bad loss in an already thin unit. He has had an up and down season. Mike Mularkey and the Tennessee Titans would be wise to make sure that he is completely healthy before getting the veteran cornerback out there. Logan Ryan is tough and it sounds like the injury is not too serious. He should be able play on Sunday.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Rams could practice long drives and ball control for the playoffs.

McVay will start with a mix of pass and run on first drive 5-2 pass to run with one pass a possible screen.

The way the Titans played soft against the Whiners and JG I expect passing with be the game plan priority. He will mix in the run, screens and play action. The Titans injured CBs and soft coverage make them an easy target for Goff, Kupp, Woods and Watkins.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Philly's number one run defense and Gurley gashed them on only 13 carries. Seattle still had their front line was intact and he gashes them. I say establish Gurley early. Hey, that rhymes. A new slogan. (y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Do you play the hot hand and keep running Gurley even if he struggles to get going early? OR - do you come out trying to shred that defense through the air and try to jump out to a big early lead?
Rest Todd...Decoy time...I hear their corners are hurt and they're starting backups...on both sides....I'd keep the ball away from Woods too...let Kupp and Watkins eat....and them TE's....we got bigger games coming up in January. Gurley doesn't need to do much this week or next IMO.

Rambo

UDFA
They should cut back on Gurley's runs if they can, save him for the playoffs. Id pass and use Brown and Tavon more. Seattle is going to lose to Dallas. Get Ficken some field goals too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, in the past, going into games, McVay has exploited what the defense's weaknesses are on tape.
Oftentimes that's the right call. I see no reason why he wouldn't come into this one guns blazing.

I think your expectation will prove to be correct. Play action will be used heavily on first down early on. The matchup vs the secondary was already good before the injuries.

Woods and Kupp will be open all day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lean on Todd, but through the air as well.

At nearly 12 YPC I think that's a good strategy every single week!

Run, play-action, screen game.

I'd love to see Gurley and Goff run that play where he slides out of the backfield and starts moving up the field in a run and then Goff hits him in stride for a big gain. That's worked well all year..........and hats off to the WR's they are not at all afraid to throw a block.

If McVay calls that play on each possession the deep pass will be there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That post was at least 95% hyperbole 4% sarcasm 1% truth

You know how I know you're from the UK?

Your percentages add up to 100. You know, basic math.

'Murican Math is more like 95% hyperbole, 11% sarcasm and 4% truth.

"But...that's 110%..."

Freak yeah!