Roman Gabriel Interview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sounds like a pretty great guy

http://thebeast980.com/2016/01/21/e...-says-blue-and-white-uniforms-must-come-back/

Roman-Gabriel.jpg

RamBill

Legend
Roman Gabriel is the son of a Filipino immigrant and the first Asian-American to start as an NFL quarterback. He played for the Los Angeles Rams from 1962-1972 and the Philadelphia Eagles from 1973-1977. He was the second overall pick in the 1962 NFL Draft and is widely regarded to have been one of the best quarterbacks of his era. The legendary Roman Gabriel joined Chris Myers and Wes Clements to talk about the return of the Rams and his own career post-football. Roman sang the old Rams World Champions song on the air as he was ecstatic about the team’s return to Los Angeles.

Listen to Roman Gabriel Interview

Last edited by a moderator:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He was my first Rams hero. A big reason why I fell in love with the horns in the late 60's.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That's the MAN!!! Masking tape your flesh together to keep playing isn't about money. That's love of the game and true grit toughness. LA Rams better damn well bring back the Blue and Whites for a throwback anyways. I'd buy a jersey today!

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Ugly uniform, would be fun for a throwback though.

Ram65

Legend
Roman was very chatty. Love to hear more about those stories. Masking tape because they didn't have time to stitch him up.

John Wayne story was great. Loved that movie with Gab and Merlin. Saw it in the movie theater.

I'm in the White and Blue plus Blue and White Uniforms No color TV back then but did watch that Packer game in color. Just loved the colors and of the simplicity of those uniforms. I hope all former Rams are part of the Los Angeles/St Louis Rams.

jap

Legend
Roman at 6'4", 225 pounds, was the toughest QB I saw in his era. I remember one time when some LB was messing with our RB Willie Ellison after a play (I want to believe it was a '9er LB, but I'm not sure.). Roman came rushing over and gave that LB a healthy shove and stood there glaring at him. The LB stood back and simply refused to get into it with our QB. I was so proud of Gabe! I am so used to seeing OL guys standing tall to protect their QB's. However, to see a QB protecting his RB was very special!!!

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
That classic blue and white uniform is just tough.I wouldn't mind seeing that uni make a comeback.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's the MAN!!! Masking tape your flesh together to keep playing isn't about money. That's love of the game and true grit toughness. LA Rams better damn well bring back the Blue and Whites for a throwback anyways. I'd buy a jersey today!
3778388599_444f45d958_o.png

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gabriel to Snow... TOUCHDOWN! Ohh the memories. I remember how tough he was to bring down... it used to take 2 or 3 guys. When I was a kid my Mother wrote to the LA Rams and got me an autographed picture of Roman Gabriel. He was my first IDOL. The Rams were always good back then.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Gabe says we should go to the Blue &White or White and Blue Jersey's who's to argue!:D

Gabriel1.jpg
Gabriel & Bob Lilly.jpg

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I too must add my two cents on the most iconic uniform so many Hollywood Heroes wore. The offensive line plays better automatically wearing these. Reason enough for me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I too must add my two cents on the most iconic uniform so many Hollywood Heroes wore. The offensive line plays better automatically wearing these. Reason enough for me.
Think it's the dirt and grass stains? I think most OL players like the down and dirty look.:lifting::lifting: