Roger Saffold is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Let's get this straight...

Saffold didn't fail the physical. The Raiders just said he did so they could get out of that rediculous contract they were gonna throw at Saffold. The doctor never mentioned anything about his shoulder, the Raider FO did.

Let's get this straight...

Saffold didn't fail the physical. The Raiders just said he did so they could get out of that rediculous contract they were gonna throw at Saffold. The doctor never mentioned anything about his shoulder, the Raider FO did.

Pretty much, if you believe Saffold the Raiders dr said he was fine, our dr said he was fine, hell Demoff even told the Raiders he was fine.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah... Sure you would.:cool:
Ok I called them and they just said they don't give out that information,I was surprised I got a human instead of an automated menu ,the girl was very nice , even amused .
SO THERE YA GO STUIE Norse gods are fearless

BTW the word gets out around the league that the Rams didn't try to take advantage of Saffold in a weakened position, and that Demoff even testified for his health to the Raiders,THEN signed him,that will make huge trust points.Players will want to play for us ,agents will be in awe,money doesn't buy class ,you got it or ya don't,this org has it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
BTW the word gets out around the league that the Rams didn't try to take advantage of Saffold in a weakened position, and that Demoff even testified for his health to the Raiders,THEN signed him,that will make huge trust points.Players will want to play for us ,agents will be in awe,money doesn't buy class ,you got it or ya don't,this org has it.

Agreed, that says a lot about our Front Office, when they're willing to go to bat for a player they want to sign so he can go where he wants instead of them. That is 100% class, something you rarely see in sports.

tbux

Rookie
Why would you do that when we don't have a LOG and we have Barks at RT. It doesn't really matter if Matthews would play RT better than Barks if it leaves us without a great LOG does it?

Would you explain the reasoning behind that please.

My reasoning is simple- he has never played OG_ and played very good RT college and would upgrade Barksdale. Im fine with Saffold at LG and Jones/Barnes/or Joseph at RG. I dont think Matthews improves our line that much playing out of position- I think Watkins improves our offense much more than Matthews at OG .

jap

Legend
If people were laughing at the Beetlejuice deal with the Raiders, they must be dying over Chris Williams' deal with the Bills.

nighttrain

Legend
Ok I called them and they just said they don't give out that information,I was surprised I got a human instead of an automated menu ,the girl was very nice , even amused .
SO THERE YA GO STUIE Norse gods are fearless

You got it Thor daddy, trust is a valuable commodity, not easily earned, and harder to keep
train

Alan

Legend
tbux with this:
My reasoning is simple- he has never played OG_ and played very good RT college and would upgrade Barksdale. Im fine with Saffold at LG and Jones/Barnes/or Joseph at RG. I dont think Matthews improves our line that much playing out of position
I agree that Matthews would be an upgrade over Barksdale at RT but then I said that already. You're correct that he didn't play guard in college so that is an unknown. I'd take the chance myself since Jones is a complete unknown and Barnes isn't a guard either.

I'll stick with my plan but if he can't play guard it won't work very well will it. ;) :coffee:

nighttrain

Legend
I agree that Matthews would be an upgrade over Barksdale but then I said that already. You're correct that he didn't play guard in college so that is an unknown. I'd take the chance myself since Jones is a complete unknown and Barnes isn't a guard either.

I'll stick with my plan but if he can't play guard it won't work very well will it. ;) :coffee:
I'm thinkin Snead/Fisher drafted Jones with a plan, the plan is for him to play. Maybe guard first, then center next season
train

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah Jones plays some this year IMO and if I was in charge I'd keep Roger at RG ,the Ross Tucker article said LG was the easier position so keep ROger at the harder one where he's already shown well.
God it'd be great to have a good line

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah Jones plays some this year IMO and if I was in charge I'd keep Roger at RG ,the Ross Tucker article said LG was the easier position so keep ROger at the harder one where he's already shown well.
I would be willing to bet one Mr. Sam Bradford would agree with that sentiment. I have dreams of:

LT - Long
LG - Robinson/Matthews
C - Wells/Jones
RG - Saffold
RT - Barksdale

Behind this line Sam throws for 4200 yds, 36 TDs and 9 INTs, Stacy rushes for 1500 + !!!

Alan

Legend
nighttrain with this:
I'm thinkin Snead/Fisher drafted Jones with a plan, the plan is for him to play. Maybe guard first, then center next season

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley"
John Steinbeck

I haven't given up on him playing Guard or Center. The fact remains that he's played neither so far. Let's hope that changes this year. There was a reason why he went in the 4th round though so...

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley"
John Steinbeck

I haven't given up on him playing guard or Center. The fact remains that he's played neither so far. Let's hope that changes this year. There was a reason why he went in the 4th round though so...

:liar:

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan with his dream:
I have dreams of:

LT - Long
LG - Robinson/Matthews
C - Wells/Jones
RG - Saffold
RT - Barksdale
That's part of my dream too. Of course my dream includes drafting a top guard and a swimsuit model. I like mine better.
Even without the guard.

nighttrain

Legend
just so he plays @ guard;), I don't care which side really.
train

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
There was a reason why he went in the 4th round though so...

And that was because of the injury. He was a 2nd/3rd rounder before that.
I agree they have a plan for him, they just aren't rushing anything I guess.

nighttrain

Legend
And that was because of the injury. He was a 2nd/3rd rounder before that.
I agree they have a plan for him, they just aren't rushing anything I guess.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and you don't rush a broken foot, you let it heal
train