ROD Pick #19 Poll (Final Version)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who will the Rams select at #19?

• Laitu Latu

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Cooper DeJean

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Terrion Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jared Verse

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Troy Fautanu

• Byron Murphy

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Johnny Newton

• Brian Thomas

• Tyler Guyton

• TRADE

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I hate drafting for need but Murphy and Newton are logical picks. 49ers who need a DT were at Newton pro day yesterday. They are good at drafting D Linemen.
Since I don't like nice things being said about those bay area sissy's, I decided to look into this. My results, are they really? Perhaps they were, but not sure they still are.

Last Dl they took was:
Kalia Davis ('22 6th round), but, late picks are all a crap shoot, so I'll just look at the top 3 rounds.
Javon Kinlaw (1.14 '20), most would agree he is a full on bust, believe this is the guy they draft to replace the just traded Buckner.
Nick Bosa (1.2 '19), I'm not giving them credit for this, it was the no brainer of no brainer picks, even Mike Mayock wouldn't have passed on him.
Solomon Thomas (1.3 '17), I don't think there is a dispute, full on bust.
Then we finally get to their most successful non-obvious DL pick, Buckner (1.7 '16).

All told, I would not label them good at it. 2 very bad misses in the top 15, one of which was 3rd overall pick.

I may be biased though, cuz fuck those guys.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
The question I have when it comes to taking a WR is how it could impact things to have a WR3 paid more than last year’s WR1. Puka seems like a chill guy, but he’s human.
Valid question. Puka seems chill and he seems intelligent enough to understand the business side of things.

Your question brings up another question. How will Kobie Turner or Byron Young feel if we draft a DT or Edge in the 1st and they're paid more?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys think about the pay too much. Every player will tell you they don't talk about other people's money. They can't control it only work towards a bigger second contract. I also think it's a disservice to those guys to think they'd let it affect them.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys think about the pay too much. Every player will tell you they don't talk about other people's money. They can't control it only work towards a bigger second contract. I also think it's a disservice to those guys to think they'd let it affect them.
It’s not merely a question of whether it affects the incumbent player. It’s also a budgetary issue.

For example…Kyren Williams is also on a 5th round contract. While we need depth, would it make sense to pay Day 2 money to a guy who may only play 20-30% of the offensive snaps?

I think these are considerations.