ROD Pick #19 Poll (Final Version)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who will the Rams select at #19?

• Laitu Latu

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Cooper DeJean

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Terrion Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jared Verse

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Troy Fautanu

• Byron Murphy

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Johnny Newton

• Brian Thomas

• Tyler Guyton

• TRADE

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
We did this pre-Combine and the top vote getters were Cooper DeJean (22.5%), Laitu Latu (21.3%) and TRADE (16.3).

Let’s see if opinions have changed.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I feel like Brock is one of the 9 most likely candidates here - but Verse is on the list and he is the pick anyway.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate that I am hoping Latu is the pick because it simply doesn't seem realistic the top rusher in the college game falls to 19. This stuff is driven by mocks, which are driven by media getting rumors and inputs from their sources in NFL circles, which is probably 50% or more BS and intended leaks and misinformation by teams.

If one of those top 3 edges are on the board at let's say that 14 range the Rams may consider jumping up for them. I think Edge is the one position they will jump for. Well that and a guy falling ridiculously lower than his value too is possible.

If not then it is probably what are the LT options and do we love any of them. Edge > OT because those two positions in supply and demand are so damn hard to find outside that early going.

Now if neither offer us what we're looking for then it's which WR is on the board and do we love him. This may also be true with some of the corners, good example being Arnold. I think he is a guy they just take if he's there, though he won't be there. Because CB1 is a cornerstone role and we probably don't have one of those, all respect to our recent signings and all that. It is possible to build a defense from the back end, which is what we would be doing if they go corner at 19. All that aside I think I like Cam Hart in round 3 more than most of the CB options we'd take at 19. Arnold being an obvious exception for me on that.

Anyway. If they get past all that then I think they move down. I think they want to move down too. But I am of the mind that the quality of player sitting at 19 will be too great to move down because we are about to see a shit ton of QBs go off the board ahead of us, plus a likely run on OTs, plus probably a couple WRs being overdrafted. 19 feels to me like a sweet spot for a faller, just a question of who it will be.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
we are about to see a shit ton of QBs go off the board ahead of us, plus a likely run on OTs, plus probably a couple WRs being overdrafted. 19 feels to me like a sweet spot for a faller, just a question of who it will be.
Exactly what I think will happen.

I hope that one of the top three edges reaches us, or one of the top two cornerbacks.

My dark horse, though, is Olu Fashanu. I think he might fall and, if he does, we should be sprinting to hand in our card.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only because you added it after my post. :laugh4:
Settle down.

I inadvertently hit “post” before typing in all the choices, then went back and fixed it (at the same time you posted your comment).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate that I am hoping Latu is the pick because it simply doesn't seem realistic the top rusher in the college game falls to 19.
I know its a big jump from 10 to 19 but Latu's sitch kind of reminds me of Terrell Suggs when he came out. He had led the NCAA in sacks with a Bobby Boucher-like 24 and while he still went #10, there were 4 defensive players taken in front of him. Seemed a sure top 5 guy based on his production and yet he fell back a bit.
With Latu's injury history, it's not out of the realm he takes a dip also
Maybe I'm falling for the mocks too and just being wishful thinking

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Although I chose Latu again, it is hard to find WR who can start right away. If Mcvay believes Brian Thomas is the real deal... I can see the selection. Then they draft defense for the next 3 picks. 7

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Just using the old trade chart (which I know, I know, everyone hates) - lets say the Rams wanted to jump up to 13 (Raiders) - if they went by the chart - it would cost something like our 1st and both 3rd round picks.

Worth it? Is there a prospect in this draft where that price is worth the squeeze?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Uh oh. I just heard former NFL Scout Bryan Broaddus say he's heard some not so good things regarding Latu's medicals. :confused:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
My thoughts on this may depend on who they are targeting in the 2nd round I say this because maybe the BPA is say a CB vs an OLB but they have 1 or 2 OLBs in mind in the 2nd round then take the CB.

I am not trading up unless it is for a player feels like a can't miss and the only can't miss outside of Caleb is Alt or Harrison imo none of the top 3 OLBs or CBs feel like sure fire game changes because each has been the top pick in various mocks.

I am not trading back unless our board says by far the best player they want will be back 3-8 spots I am not trading out of the first.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Trade but if not BPA

I do not agree with this report but it is an interesting read

In that article, this is quoted:

“It’s worth noting that the immediate impact of a rookie defender is possibly being overrated, especially one drafted outside the top-15. Currently, there isn’t a player that can elevate the other young players still learning on the defensive side of the ball. Meanwhile, that’s exactly what a player like Stafford can do on offense. The Rams likely have three more years of Matthew Stafford. It’s important that they keep investing in him and giving him the supporting cast that allows the best chance for success.”
This is BS. With literal holes on our defensive starting unit, there is certainly players that could elevate other players and our D as a whole. To suggest that a guy like Guyton would elevate any players and no defensive player would is laughable.

I chose Latu in this poll, but I think he will be gone. If anyone chooses Guyton over the prospects on that list, I'd love to hear why.

Last edited:

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
To my thinking, we need more help defensively, especially with AD's departure, and the logical thing is to trade back a few spots for extra draft capital, mainly because I do not think there is a huge gap between the various defenders still available at let's say 19-24.

That said, I kind of expect the Rams to trade up for some offensive player McVay covets, partially because McSnead always seems to surprise.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Went Thomas, not who I want but who I think they take if he's there which is questionable.