ROD Pick #19 Poll (Final Version)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who will the Rams select at #19?

• Laitu Latu

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Cooper DeJean

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Terrion Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jared Verse

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Troy Fautanu

• Byron Murphy

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Johnny Newton

• Brian Thomas

• Tyler Guyton

• TRADE

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Went Thomas, not who I want but who I think they take if he's there which is questionable.

Don’t see that at all !!! 100% first selection is on defense. We can put Rod/coin on that.

Lost to BubbRam because The Rams traded an extra pick & select Anchrum. GOSH - they finally got rid of him !!! Good guy,but not much of an Offensive lineman.Still in the NFL(not for long).

If you take the wager the rams could select your LT - lol!!

Only 9 days so,now is the time. Shut up or put up as the Oldschool saying goes .

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t see that at all !!! 100% first selection is on defense. We can put Rod/coin on that.

Lost to BubbRam because The Rams traded an extra pick & select Anchrum. GOSH - they finally got rid of him !!! Good guy,but not much of an Offensive lineman.Still in the NFL(not for long).

If you take the wager the rams could select your LT - lol!!

Only 9 days so,now is the time. Shut up or put up as the Oldschool saying goes .
You really don't know our coach do you? Any time you say "100% something will happen" with the Rams you're just going to get a laugh.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The more I think about it, I do think the Rams try to trade down with a team that sees one of the last 1st round rated guys there at 19 and then Rams pick D player from a traunch of guys they have rated similarly that weren't worth it at 19. If not, I could see them going offense with a guy like Thomas.

Say Mims is there and Packers want to trade up for him...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more I think about it, I do think the Rams try to trade down with a team that sees one of the last 1st round rated guys there at 19 and then Rams pick D player from a traunch of guys they have rated similarly that weren't worth it at 19. If not, I could see them going offense with a guy like Thomas.

I keep hearing stuff/rumors/bs talk whatever you want to call it that we're talking with the Packers about trading down. I say BS talk because it's just us fans speculating and everybody saying they hear the talk but it could just be us all talking :D I wonder if they go OT there though the talk is they don't invest there in the 1st the last one they took I think was Bahktiari or however you spell it. But their other 2 biggest listed needs aren't really 1st round types either with ILB and Safety.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I keep hearing stuff/rumors/bs talk whatever you want to call it that we're talking with the Packers about trading down. I say BS talk because it's just us fans speculating and everybody saying they hear the talk but it could just be us all talking :D I wonder if they go OT there though the talk is they don't invest there in the 1st the last one they took I think was Bahktiari or however you spell it. But their other 2 biggest listed needs aren't really 1st round types either with ILB and Safety.
Yeah, I'm only going off of my own thoughts, haven't heard anything. I do think their needs list is small so could be a great place to take a Mims. And if they were worried he wouldn't last much longer...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'm only going off of my own thoughts, haven't heard anything. I do think their needs list is small so could be a great place to take a Mims. And if they were worried he wouldn't last much longer...
Yeah that wasn't me talking smack at all, just I hear the same things from a few Packer fans I know and it seems no media is talking about it just speculation but it makes sense.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

I'm actually starting to lean this way, trade down, and then end up taking Newton or Chop. I'd be totally fine with that especially if we acquire more top 100 picks for that.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm actually starting to lean this way, trade down, and then end up taking Newton or Chop. I'd be totally fine with that especially if we acquire more top 100 picks for that.
I'm spending way too much time trying to convince myself how studly , how there's some missing quality that no one else sees, about the defensive guys that will be avail at 19... so yeah.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just using the old trade chart (which I know, I know, everyone hates) - lets say the Rams wanted to jump up to 13 (Raiders) - if they went by the chart - it would cost something like our 1st and both 3rd round picks.

Worth it? Is there a prospect in this draft where that price is worth the squeeze?

No way, for me!

Uh oh. I just heard former NFL Scout Bryan Broaddus say he's heard some not so good things regarding Latu's medicals. :confused:

I have had a hard time getting excited about Latu. We need to nail this decision.

dang

Legend
In that article, this is quoted:

“It’s worth noting that the immediate impact of a rookie defender is possibly being overrated, especially one drafted outside the top-15. Currently, there isn’t a player that can elevate the other young players still learning on the defensive side of the ball. Meanwhile, that’s exactly what a player like Stafford can do on offense. The Rams likely have three more years of Matthew Stafford. It’s important that they keep investing in him and giving him the supporting cast that allows the best chance for success.”

This is BS. With literal holes on our defensive starting unit, there is certainly players that could elevate other players and our D as a whole. To suggest that a guy like Guyton would elevate any players and no defensive player would is laughable.

I chose Latu in this poll, but I think he will be gone. If anyone chooses Guyton over the prospects on that list, I'd love to hear why.
Is this BS because you don’t like it or is it BS because it’s not a valid take. I’m asking because its possible this is exactly how the Rams are going to prioritize this draft. And while it’s difficult to accept the lack of prioritization for such a needy defense, it could mean the Rams know they have Stafford for another 2-3 years (health permitting) and they are going to do everything in their power to maximize that situation.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Although I chose Latu again, it is hard to find WR who can start right away. If Mcvay believes Brian Thomas is the real deal... I can see the selection. Then they draft defense for the next 3 picks. 7
What keeps rolling around in my head is, what the highest they've ever drafted a WR? 57? Yet they've found excellent guys like Kupp and Puka. Reynolds was pretty good. They've drafted RB and TE higher!! So what are they thinking?

"Let's see what we can do for a 1st round WR"?

or

"We can find WR's in lower rounds. What we need is an Edge or LT"

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Interesting to see how the majority opinion has moved to “trade”. Curious if that is a trade down or up. IMO we will trade down with our first and up with later picks, in a McSnead Pincer Movement.

My goodness the wait is agonising.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Just using the old trade chart (which I know, I know, everyone hates) - lets say the Rams wanted to jump up to 13 (Raiders) - if they went by the chart - it would cost something like our 1st and both 3rd round picks.

Worth it? Is there a prospect in this draft where that price is worth the squeeze?

WR Rome would be worth it.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The question I have when it comes to taking a WR is how it could impact things to have a WR3 paid more than last year’s WR1. Puka seems like a chill guy, but he’s human.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The question I have when it comes to taking a WR is how it could impact things to have a WR3 paid more than last year’s WR1. Puka seems like a chill guy, but he’s human.
Rome and Puka actually played together before Puka transfered and it seems like they are friends, so i doubt he would look at it negatively. If it were some random guy that turns out to be a JAG, then yeah. :D But anyone before the 5th is going to make more cash.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Isn't WR 3 already being paid more than Puka (as are WR4 and 5)? DRob is making 4 mil, Atwell 1.8, Skowronek 1.0 and Puka 0.976 mil. Puka just seems like the type who isn't concerned what those around him are making.

On the poll, 56 votes and "trade" and "Latu" are a solid 1-2 with nobody a close 3rd.

dang

Legend
Isn't WR 3 already being paid more than Puka (as are WR4 and 5)? DRob is making 4 mil, Atwell 1.8, Skowronek 1.0 and Puka 0.976 mil. Puka just seems like the type who isn't concerned what those around him are making.

On the poll, 56 votes and "trade" and "Latu" are a solid 1-2 with nobody a close 3rd.
I wonder how Puka is doing on endorsements. The sky’s the limit for that lovable dude.

methomas50

Rookie
I hate drafting for need but Murphy and Newton are logical picks. 49ers who need a DT were at Newton pro day yesterday. They are good at drafting D Linemen.