ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Updated....
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina From Tron (Houston) from DVYKX (TB) 7th overall pick, 69th overall pick (3rd round), 143rd overall pick (5th round), 2015 first round pick, 2015 second round pick.
  2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
  4. Cleveland - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
  5. Oakland - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
  6. Atlanta - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Houston(From Tampa Bay) - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  8. Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
  9. Buffalo - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
  10. Detroit - Ha Ha Clinton - Dix, S, Alabama
  11. Tennessee - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
  12. New York Giants - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
  13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
  14. Chicago - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
  15. Pittsburgh - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
  16. Dallas - Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
  17. Cleveland - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St. From 12inthebox (Baltimore) from jsimcox (Cleveland) picks #26 and #35.
  18. New York Jets - Taylor Lewan, OT,Michigan
  19. Miami - Zac Martin, OG, Notre Dame
  20. Arizona - Mojo Ram @Mojo Ram
  21. Green Bay - A55VA6
  22. Philadelphia - Ramhusker
  23. Kansas City - duckhunter
  24. Cincinnati - duckhunter
  25. San Diego - RamFan503
  26. Baltimore(From Cleveland) - 12intheBox
  27. New Orleans - Warner4Prez
  28. Carolina - MerlinJones
  29. New England - Brokeu91
  30. San Francisco - Xander47
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Thank you mate. Much appreciated. :)

I did that in a bit of a rush as I thought I had held up the mock long enough. :)

My friend, you were a fast pick, you held nothing up man. Good pick too, I must add. I had the cat confused with another, but that was a very solid pick for them. Kudos to you. Hope all is well.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Fast game is a good game I reckon.

I would be surprised if Miami don't take him if he is there at 19. He's very versatile. Not sure he suits us in terms of scheme but he is a player.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Fast game is a good game I reckon.

I would be surprised if Miami don't take him if he is there at 19. He's very versatile. Not sure he suits us in terms of scheme but he is a player.

We could use any OL that's versatile in my book. Even once we take a OT in the 1st. Our OL is that weak. That said in this draft I couldn't pass on Donald. I'm hoping we don't know what the brass is thinking. Meaning if Jones is ready to come through on OL.

I don't doubt that Martin is a player though. Fits a need for them too most definitely.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
We could use any OL that's versatile in my book. Even once we take a OT in the 1st. Our OL is that weak. That said in this draft I couldn't pass on Donald. I'm hoping we don't know what the brass is thinking. Meaning if Jones is ready to come through on OL.

I don't doubt that Martin is a player though. Fits a need for them too most definitely.

By versatile I mean he can play both OT and G but seems to be more finesse than an outright power blocker. That said, he would be a better Shelly Smith in my opinion ( not that that is difficult to achieve!!).

I hope Jones has done the time in the gym and built his strength. That would help immensely.

All good down here mate. Looking forward to the draft like nobody's business!! Planning on taking the day off work and settling in for the duration. It starts at something like 9.00am down here and continues into the weekend. We actually get full coverage of all the rounds so it's a bit like Xmas for me.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
By versatile I mean he can play both OT and G but seems to be more finesse than an outright power blocker. That said, he would be a better Shelly Smith in my opinion ( not that that is difficult to achieve!!).

I hope Jones has done the time in the gym and built his strength. That would help immensely.

All good down here mate. Looking forward to the draft like nobody's business!! Planning on taking the day off work and settling in for the duration. It starts at something like 9.00am down here and continues into the weekend. We actually get full coverage of all the rounds so it's a bit like Xmas for me.

I knew what you meant by versatile. That's why I brought up Jones. He was versatile in college too.

I hope you plan on starting that BBQ by 8:00 AM your time because we have the 2nd rounder.. lol Is this the first time you get full coverage? Regardless, enjoy my friend, as I know you will. We'll definitely talk more before. Peace.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
I knew what you meant by versatile. That's why I brought up Jones. He was versatile in college too.

I hope you plan on starting that BBQ by 8:00 AM your time because we have the 2nd rounder.. lol Is this the first time you get full coverage? Regardless, enjoy my friend, as I know you will. We'll definitely talk more before. Peace.

Just starting to plan what will be on the menu for said BBQ. :)

We have had coverage the last couple of years but I always seem to be been busy for some reason. Not this year though! Chat soon. Say G'Day to that Fiancée of yours for me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll make my pick within the hour. I'm still listening to any offers for the pick. (y)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Mojo Ram trades the #20 pick to the Patriots for #29 and #93.

With the #20 pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select, Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina

unc-tight-end-td-2.gif

The Green Bay Packers are now on the clock

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Update:
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina From Tron (Houston) from DVYKX (TB) 7th overall pick, 69th overall pick (3rd round), 143rd overall pick (5th round), 2015 first round pick, 2015 second round pick.
  17. Cleveland - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St. From 12inthebox (Baltimore) from jsimcox (Cleveland) picks #26 and #35.
  20. New England (from Arizona)- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina, From Mojo Ram (Arizona) for picks #29 and #93
  21. Green Bay - A55VA6
  22. Philadelphia - Ramhusker
  29. Arizona (from New England) - Mojo Ram
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

Shawnbb158

Starter
Taps mich... Testing testing... Ok.. First let me say this. We have 2 very good outside disruptive forces at DE with Long and Quinn. We shall now have a very disruptive force on the inside of our DL. With the 13th pick in the NFL 2014 draft... The Rams select Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh. Build those lines..

I am not sold on Donald. He just seems like he will get swallowed up by NFL linemen because of his size. I know he is quick but to me he isn't worth this high of a pick because he is just too small to be a great NFL DT and to me if your picking at #13 you better draft a GREAT player.

A55VA6

Legend
With the 21st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select: C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama.

CJ-Mosley.jpeg

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I am not sold on Donald. He just seems like he will get swallowed up by NFL linemen because of his size. I know he is quick but to me he isn't worth this high of a pick because he is just too small to be a great NFL DT and to me if your picking at #13 you better draft a GREAT player.
FWIW, Geno Atkins, arguably the best 3 tech DT in the league, was 6'2" 293lbs at the 2010 combine. Donald is 6'1" 285lbs. If Donald does not become a great DT, His size will not be the reason.

Update:
  20. New England (from Arizona)- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina, From Mojo Ram (Arizona) for picks #29 and #93
  21. Green Bay - C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
  22. Philadelphia - @Ramhusker is on the clock
  29. Arizona (from New England) - Mojo Ram
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
FWIW, Geno Atkins, arguably the best 3 tech DT in the league, was 6'2" 293lbs at the 2010 combine. Donald is 6'1" 285lbs. If Donald does not become a great DT, His size will not be the reason.

John Randle was also a HOF player at 6'1" 287. I don't see Donald's size being a problem at all. Elite quickness, speed and leverage almost always translate to the NFL.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
John Randle was also a HOF player at 6'1" 287. I don't see Donald's size being a problem at all. Elite quickness, speed and leverage almost always translate to the NFL.
That is true, but Fisher likes tall DT who are big and can overpower the interior O-line. I believe Donald will be a very good 3 tech, but he may not be a scheme fit

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Warren Sapp played at 6'2" 300 lbs. Our own DeMarco Farr played at 6'1" 275.
There is a precedent for smaller DT's being effective. I like the pick.