ROD 2014 Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators castigating me for my faux pas:
That photo was sent privately :mad: I told you that at the time :cry:
You're gonna have to stop taking selfies and sending them to me. I get confused as to which ones I can share. :(

At least I didn't post the one with you modeling that speedo. :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sure his mother was on an epidural at the time but what was his father taking? :ROFLMAO:

I hope that Macky is at least short for something. Can't think what it would be though. Any ideas?
Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettuceonionspicklesonasesameseedbun

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I believe we decided 24 hours when we first started this?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Was never finalized. 24 hours is way too long IMO.

I thought Phx agreed to that. I could be wrong. People have stuff going on in life. I could have never did 12 hours with my work schedule.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 going for the obvious:
Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettuceonionspicklesonasesameseedbun
I'm not even going to give you a like for this. I mean really, everyone on this board probably already thought of this one and immediately discarded it. It's too obvious. It's like the second one I thought of. Right after Ed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought Phx agreed to that. I could be wrong. People have stuff going on in life. I could have never did 12 hours with my work schedule.
Really? 12 hours and you can't get in front of a computer or smart phone?

Anyway, I looked up the conversations on it and it was never finalized. Here you go:

How about 24 hours, but you can make the pick in the first minute if you want, then the clock starts for the next pick. I think a lot of picks will go pretty fast, but having a 24 hour window will give busy people time in the evening or whenever to get their pick in in case they cant in the morning or during the day or whenever.

12 Hours would work for me. That said, someone would have to pick right when I am going to work for 8 hours not to work (I'm also figuring in commuting time). But knowing my luck with Murphy's Law...

Now... Are you guys going to get the championship game up for tonight? :cool:

I would just encourage everyone to jab someone if they are posting and haven't made their pick. It'd be cool to get through all the rounds fairly quickly. At least that's my 2 cents worth.

As soon as possible, and I would say between 12 and 24 hours. Don't want to be too long so we can try to do multiple rounds, but also not too short so we have time.

Are we going to do it in a new thread? Maybe a sticky where only the draft picks can be posted, then a regular thread dedicated to comments and crap. Let me know when its starting since i have the first pick.

PM me trade offers!!!!

So are we doing 12 or 24 hours?

24 hours seems pretty fair to me.

I doubt it takes that long for picks to happen, but you have to give people a chance if they have work/family commitments.

I could be texted. I read them at breaks and lunch.. No cell's allowed in working environment

Quick question. How do we want to handle trade talks?
I'd guess private messages would work best (for privacy sake and to keep the thread size down) but want to know what everybody else thinks. If everybody wants to keep all related stuff open and in the thread that's fine too.

I would say messages, but I don't think they are quite private. :cool:

24hrs would work for me as I'm in a different time zone down here. Saying that though, I'm happy to message my top 5 picks to Broke as my pick approaches so if it happens overnight done here you guys aren't waiting for me to wake up!!!

Trade talks should be done by PM in my opinion.

I think he means PM

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not even going to give you a like for this. I mean really, everyone on this board probably already thought of this one and immediately discarded it. It's too obvious. It's like the second one I thought of. Right after Ed.
I understand your jealousy. I'm used to it.:fighting:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
just cause its been a while ..
  1. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
  2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
  4. Cleveland - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
  5. Oakland - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
  6. Atlanta - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
  7. Houston - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  8. Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
  9. Buffalo - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
  10. Detroit - Ha Ha Clinton - Dix, S, Alabama
  11. Tennessee - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
  12. New York Giants - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
  13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
  14. Chicago - Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
  15. Pittsburgh - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.
  16. Dallas - @@Dr180 is on the clock
  17. Baltimore - 12intheBox
  18. New York Jets - Ramrasta
  19. Miami - Ramrocket
  20. Arizona - Mojo Ram
  21. Green Bay - A55VA6
  22. Philadelphia - Ramhusker
  23. Kansas City - duckhunter
  24. Cincinnati - duckhunter
  25. San Diego - RamFan503
  26. Cleveland - jsimcox
  27. New Orleans - Warner4Prez
  28. Carolina - MerlinJones
  29. New England - Brokeu91
  30. San Francisco - Xander47
  31. Denver - siiimmons
  32. Seattle - chefRAMzy

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Anyway, I looked up the conversations on it and it was never finalized. Here you go:
Maybe Phx said that in the chat. I dunno, but I recall him also saying people have stuff going on in life too. I'll shoot him a PM and ask him what and where he said it. That cool?

No, there are times I can't get in front of a computer within 12 hours. Sometimes my work schedule can run 13 hours with commute included. it just depends on how busy we are. Making a living most definitely comes before getting on a PC to make my draft pick. ;)

I also don't have, no the desire to have a smartphone. Besides, any type of cell phone is not allowed in my workplace. I can text on breaks or lunch and that's about it. And most times then, I'm texting and/or talking to my fiancee, as she works 10:00 PM to 6:00 to 8:00 AM.

We have 26 days until the draft. Not all people will take 24 hours. Some may need it. Just saying. :cool:

Alan

Legend
jsimcox missing his reading glasses:
Hang on a second... That name doesn't even have Mack in it!!! :LOL: :sneaky:
"Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettuceonionspicklesonasesameseedbun"
Once it's pointed out to you it just kind of jumps right out at you doesn't it?
upload_2014-4-12_19-25-20.jpeg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We should schedule a "live" draft at some point for the 1st rd. Schedule it. Make it LEGIT :D

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Was never finalized. 24 hours is way too long IMO.
When I originally started this thing I said it was up to the board. I proposed 12 or 24 hours as a way to make sure there was enough time for trades to happen. But no one traded anyway, so I was a moot point

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
When I originally started this thing I said it was up to the board. I proposed 12 or 24 hours as a way to make sure there was enough time for trades to happen. But no one traded anyway, so I was a moot point
Still plenty of picks to go, we could see some trading yet! (Other than that CRAZY one)

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

503 here was the other thread. I was wrong on Phx and it was Merlin who said it. I am busy, so my bad. Here's the linkage to the original thread though.

http://ramsondemand.com/threads/how-about-a-mock-draft-where-we-each-pick-a-team.24570/page-8

That said, you guys can do whatever you wish, but in this thread 24 hours was pretty much the consensus (or so I thought?). Please realize there are people participating that are not in the US. Much different time zones as Australia and etc..