Robert Quinn Traded to Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The defense is getting rebuilt. I'm all for it. Our 4-3 D under Williams at it's peak was much better than our 3-4 last year(IMO).
We have to go get and draft guys who fit the Wade scheme.
We need better and more versatile LB's. Thumpers and pass rushers who are young, mean and healthy. Also depth on the entire front seven.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
They'll be flat out signing their own free agents. Don't think there'll be any big name external fa signings.

Agreed.
What also has to be done is have money for the OL come next year.
As of 2019, Whitworth is the only one of the current starters under contract.
Do they extend Hav and/or Brown? If yes signing them this year makes sense.

I don't see any big outside free agents signed, unless they see value like Woods and Whitworth.

Most/all of the available cap will go to extending current players and resigning current FA (Joyner, NRC, Sullivan, and Watkins if price is right). Do not see Trujo back at all, too expensive for the value he adds.

I do hope that Snead can still get something for Barron in a trade.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
The defense is getting rebuilt. I'm all for it. Our 4-3 D under Williams at it's peak was much better than our 3-4 last year(IMO).
We need better and more versatile LB's. Thumpers and pass rushers who are young, mean and healthy. Also depth on the entire front seven.

LB's were the biggest gap for a 3-4 D. Barwin being the only good fit.
Tree and Ebukam are the only sure starters moving forward, but there are some good back-ups on the roster.

A true NT would also be a big help.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think it's supposed to reward teams that lost players due to free agency, not teams that cut payers or traded them away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You are correct. The system is designed to only compensate teams that lost players due to things out of their control (i.e., they didn't end a contract prematurely).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree they are game changers but he sure asf isn’t a 16 game starter... I’m sure we have somebody targeted in FA for our blind side OLB or past the first 2 rounds in the draft.

Yes Donald can? I don’t get what point your trying to make here?:redcard:

That Robert Quinn is not going to be missed that much. I think he went to a perfect team next to Suh .

—Now if The Rams can only get something for Tavon Austin !! At least a 7th ?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Sad to see Quinn go. I really liked him, but given the increase in injuries over the past couple years, and the 3-4 really doesn't fit him, I understand the trade. The circle of life in the NFL.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have to say that I’m sad to see the Mighty Quinn go but such is the world of the NFL. Let’s hope there is a bigger scheme than just trading a few draft positions.
That^^^. Love me some RQ. I get the reasoning, but I was sad to see the news.

Last edited:

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Looks like the Rams are letting Wade build a D, as opposed to last year when he had to use the players that were already on the roster and make it work. Will be very surprised if Joyner is allowed to go, with all the cap space the Rams have available. Suspect another CB, OLB and perhaps NT will be brought in as free agents. Barron is another interesting call, will he stay or go. Expect to see draft picks dedicated to the D, guessing 3 or 4, more than half of whatever the Rams end up with.

Ants

Starter
Quinn had back issues that amounted in surgery. You can tell for years it took him a while to feel comfortable again. Quinn outplayed him in the second half and playoff game. He was coming back into himself and getting comfortable with the D. Longacre will fail us as a starter at OLB. There is a reason he doesn’t start a game or do situational pass rush in the beginning of games... he is very good at situational pass rush plays where he has fresh legs as opposed to the OL being worn down. We need to get somebody else to create a constant pressure and production.

First of all, we don't know what Longacre can do when playing an entire game.
Secondly, one thing we DO know is that Quinn was a liability against the run. We can "blah blah blah" about pass rush all we want, but there's actually more to playing defense than that.
Frankly, I'm not sure what some of you were watching last year.
Quinn was outplayed by Longacre, who played the run better.
Quinn is not a 3-4 LB, and he was not playing up to his salary. I like the guy, and I can certainly see why Miami fans are happy about the trade.
But this is also a win for the Rams.

Having said all that, I'm not sure there's anyone in the draft that would be an adequate replacement. Perhaps there's a FA out there that would be a better and cheaper fit for us.

Last edited:

Ants

Starter

^^^^ This, also.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm in bittersweet agreement with the move. Bittersweet because I really liked RQ, who provided a lot of exciting moments for us Rams fans particularly in the otherwise down era that preceded McVay.

That being said, it does make sense from a football standpoint, as Quinn is a better fit as a 4-3 DE than as 3-4 OLB, and it makes sense from a salary cap standpoint as well.

Good Luck, Rob ... and please bitchslap Brady.

Last edited:

jacktheripper85

Starter
Anyone think Wade will move Ogleltree to OLB? Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any thoughts on that.

Ants

Starter
Anyone think Wade will move Ogleltree to OLB? Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any thoughts on that.

It's a thought, but I doubt Ogletree can play the run any better than Quinn. Plus, I believe Ogletree was a ILB in college, so I think he will stay inside.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yes, and we need more good depth all over. Look what happens when Brockers went out. Quinn couldn't help with that. We need to bring our floor up so when guys miss plays we it doesn't loose games

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I guess somebody ELSE wasn't happy with the 19th ranked defense....Changes will be made...some expected...some shocking...some will be ignored.

I like Quinn...wish him well...Miami has what, TJ McDonald, William Hayes, and now Robert Quinn....interesting.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lots of speculation on Barron. I suspect they are waiting to see how he recovers from his surgery before they make any decision.