Robert Quinn Traded to Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Carl Nassib, and Nate Orchard.

They're pretty set there. They could do it and rotate Quinn. I would have considered it in their shoes, but I can understand why they want to stick with the young players.
:thinking:Wondering just how set they are @ WSLB'er? We just have one that has recently been modified & repaired that Gregg Williams is well acquainted with.

Read this today that the Browns needs....Cleveland also sorely needs an athletic, rangy linebacker that can kind of be a multi-tool in their defense.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1...-team-needs-49ers-mock-cornerback-quarterback

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've said it before - Cleveland has too many draft picks to integrate easily in one offseason - and their cap space is huge, but frankly they are likely to have to overspend on players to use it. They should be trying to make trades for a couple of vets who know the system, who can be valuable for a couple of years. Quinn would have been a reasonable choice; Barron would be another. Both know their defense, and can be valuable in it and in providing stability for not much in draft pick compensation. Instead the Browns apparently have decided to go cheap. I'm not shocked.

With that many draft picks, it will be harder to coach them up and provide veteran support to bring them up to speed, which probably will slow their development. About the time they get up to speed, they will start hitting free agency. Quinn would have been an impact player for two seasons for not that much in compensation - and would be a free agent when they start needing cap room again. Barron would also fit in well with their defense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland has the cap room, the draft picks and Gregg Williams. If all they offered was a 5th that tells me what they think of him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:thinking:Wondering just how set they are @ WSLB'er? We just have one that has recently been modified & repaired that Gregg Williams is well acquainted with.

Read this today that the Browns needs....Cleveland also sorely needs an athletic, rangy linebacker that can kind of be a multi-tool in their defense.
https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1...-team-needs-49ers-mock-cornerback-quarterback

They're set. Their starting LBs are Kirksey, Schobert, and Collins. I'd love to pawn Barron off on them too, but I doubt it happens.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've said it before - Cleveland has too many draft picks to integrate easily in one offseason - and their cap space is huge, but frankly they are likely to have to overspend on players to use it. They should be trying to make trades for a couple of vets who know the system, who can be valuable for a couple of years. Quinn would have been a reasonable choice; Barron would be another. Both know their defense, and can be valuable in it and in providing stability for not much in draft pick compensation. Instead the Browns apparently have decided to go cheap. I'm not shocked.

With that many draft picks, it will be harder to coach them up and provide veteran support to bring them up to speed, which probably will slow their development. About the time they get up to speed, they will start hitting free agency. Quinn would have been an impact player for two seasons for not that much in compensation - and would be a free agent when they start needing cap room again. Barron would also fit in well with their defense.

If they think that, I'm sure they can trade a draft pick or two for a future pick. But I doubt it's a big problem for them. They're rebuilding. I doubt they're going cheap. They just don't have a need for Quinn or Barron.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cleveland has the cap room, the draft picks and Gregg Williams. If all they offered was a 5th that tells me what they think of him.
One would imagine that teams GM's reviewing the 2017 season film of the Rams right side OLB'er play......they would have observed an unknown 2 year player who was an UDFA converted DL'er to OSLB'er with only 11 gms of previous NFL experience playing a heavy role in a starting rotation with Rob Quinn. Matt Longacre was his name (Note: all that experience was in the DL by the way) OSLB'er Longacre outplayed the Quinn early in the season by a wide margin.

Longacre was a much better OLB in run defense & set a solid edge consistently. So I am sure this was documented & well known. Now Quinn did get better as the season went on. When the Rams were able to stop the run (not with any regularity in big games) Quinn's best came out when they would line up in the four down defensive linemen next to a Aaron Donald most of the time (think that helped Quinn's play?) & got most of his pressers & sacks. I am sure that was also documented. Notice that it was only 43 defensive team allegedly interested in Quinn.

I was hoping for a 3rd round draft selection myself, whereas others thought he was worth a 2nd rounder. Getting a 4th & swapping one of our later 6th rd picks for a higher 6th rd pick instead is not all that bad. As pointed out by many of our great members here ..it was the deletion of the near $25.4 million savings of the salary cap for 2018/2019 is where the biggest help to this team comes at this moment in time.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Y’know... the more I think about this it just bugs me. Not in a second guessing sort of way. I liked Quinn as a player and feel it leaves a bigger hole than when we let Long walk. I will always fondly remember the mighty Quinn’s time in horns. At least we didn’t trade him to the patsies, whiners, or shecocks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Y’know... the more I think about this it just bugs me. Not in a second guessing sort of way. I liked Quinn as a player and feel it leaves a bigger hole than when we let Long walk. I will always fondly remember the mighty Quinn’s time in horns. At least we didn’t trade him to the patsies, whiners, or shecocks.

I get that. I was hurt when S-Jax left the Rams because he was - and still is - my favorite Ram.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I get that. I was hurt when S-Jax left the Rams because he was - and still is - my favorite Ram.
Yeah I was upset too. I watched him play his college ball at OSU and was jacked when we picked him.