Robert Quinn Traded to Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think Quinn was and is better with his hand on the ground as a base 4-3 DE. We needed the cap space and this was obviously the best offer we received, and it was noted that we were in discussions with multiple teams. He wasn't worth more clearly.

Now I'm wondering if someone like Harold Landry or Arden Key are potential targets at 23. I guess free agency will hash some of the needs out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to say that I’m sad to see the Mighty Quinn go but such is the world of the NFL. Let’s hope there is a bigger scheme than just trading a few draft positions.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
C'mon Snead, work some of that magic with Cleveland for a Barron trade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Best of luck to Robert and family and thanks for all the great plays he made for us over the years.

Now that said... Great news. Never felt like Quinn had fully bought in to the new defense, despite his improved play down the stretch. Moving him and that contract while he still has value was an excellent move for the team.

Now go get some young and fresh legs to play the edge and improve this front seven.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Say what you will, but Robert Quinn is worth more than we gained in return.
And I am not convinced at all that it makes us better this year.
I understand it, but this wasnt about performance, this was about our cap space.
Quinn is under 30, and its not a fluke that as he recovered from surgery he became more and more like his old self.
His "1 move" has been effective.

If you ever met Rob Quinn, you would know there isnt a better, kinder guy on the team. I have seen him give away every scrap he could take from his uniform to young kids after games on multiple occaisions.

Good luck in Miami, Black Lightning.
I sort of agree. I thought we should have gotten more for him. He is a large sack producing DE. The issue besides his cap savings is he most likely doesn't fit into Wade's scheme. There were not many players with that many sacks plus in his prime.

It's an okay deal. Love to know who is going to replace those sacks. de/OLBs that are effective are rare.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, WOW! The move grows on me because I think this draft is deep for some of our needs. Quinn has some left in the tank but not sure $11M a year worth. Thinking our draft strategy has taken shape now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I sort of agree. I thought we should have gotten more for him. He is a large sack producing DE. The issue besides his cap savings is he most likely doesn't fit into Wade's scheme. There were not many players with that many sacks plus in his prime.

It's an okay deal. Love to know who is going to replace those sacks. de/OLBs that are effective are rare.

The market sort of sets itself a lot of times in these situations. Peters was same deal, Rams were in the right place at the right time and the value we got represented a market where few teams were interested and even those weren't bidding aggressively.

Quinn had film showing him losing contain, and being a poor fit for this defense. I figured we'd get up to round 2 value for him due to his age and 4-3 fit, but if the market isn't there it isn't there. Not really Snead's fault there, make the move and keep on keepin on.

Rams will be a better team for this though. Of that I am certain. Wade deserves to have someone on the edge who is executing his scheme.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, I just heard on NFLN the Basic details of the Trade are Quinn for a 4th rounder and the Rams and Miami swop 6th rounder's! Miami has #169 in the 6th! IF they get the Rams Official pick that is #189! So I'm hoping we get the Dolphin's #107 in the 4th! they also have the Vikes #126in the 4th!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn has some left in the tank but not sure $11M a year worth.

Yep. Tough decisions being made. Can't keep everyone, I like it. Get the difference makers locked up and build around them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robert Quinn, pick 124, 198 and a 2nd in 2019 for Marcus Peters, pick 111, 183 and 196.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I don't see how someone can't like this move. We got a 4th for a player who was going to get cut.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Why are proven veterans/Pro Bowlers worth mid-round picks when most mid-round picks don't make the Pro Bowl?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Quinn was and is better with his hand on the ground as a base 4-3 DE.

This. I like Robert Quinn, but he was out of position in Wade's 3-4. Also, didn't Fisher once say Quinn was not only a great pass rusher, but he was also one of the best run defending (4-3) d-ends in the game? I guess we'll find out, but I also think Quinn has lost "something".

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Im guessing he was getting released either way so this is a good deal to pickup a pick out of it. Wade probably approved it so I will trust them on this trade.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I won't particularly miss him as I had previously ruled him out as returning, although with depth needs now at LOLB, ILB & ROLB, that's added pressure to fill those positions considering most of our draft picks come late. Out of 8 draft picks, only 2 are prior to the 4'th round.