Robert Quinn felt betrayed by trade to Dolphins but was suffocating with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Whether my statement is informed by a tweet or by exhaustive, sourced research is not material. I never said that he couldn't complain about the situation, just that I thought he would be more highly regarded if he had been classy enough to not say what he did publically. I didn't like it. It's my choice to say that, and you are objecting to my point of view. I support your right to do so.

Right on man.
I have talked to Quinn in St Louis and after meeting him, its impossible for me to see him in the light that some want to place him.

He is a kind man, very genuine and I am sympathetic to the raw emotions and how deep down inside, he is hurt by this.

If Rams fans can immediately forgive Peters, Suh, Talib and even OBJ for being "emotional", Im not sure why Quinn cant be given the same excuse.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn has unerachieved or been injured since getting his big contract . A couple good games here and there followed by nothing for weeks .

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was this an interview?
I would love to see it....

I have seen Quinn interact with fans. I have never seen a player give more to the kids, stay late to sign, talk to anyone.

I have seen plenty of dicks blow off fans.. trying to turn this to Quinn betrays the fans isnt going to work on me. Sorry, good try and thanks for all the "Ha Ha Ha" ratings on every post.
(y)
I’m sorry I didn’t know we were talking about all his interactions ever. I was talking about this particular interview, he had a chance to say many things and just complained he got traded.

It’s still funny though you keep making excuses for Quinn saying he felt betrayed, I guess fans can’t feel that way too. The guy that gets paid millions got his feelings hurt but the fans who cheered him on for his entire pro career through the highs and lows can’t express their feelings about it.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Dont know why you guys demand that Quinn lies about how he felt about it...

Funny how every player is such a p.o.s. the moment they are not getting beaten up on your team.
Yeah. You gotta believe the coaching staff preaches "family" all the time as part of the shtick, and players develop strong friendships. So yeah, it hurts some people to be traded, like it hurts people in the real world to be demoted, transferred or whatever. Perfectly normal, human response.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we play Quinn again, I hope we beat his ass.
Other than that, I wish him well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Right on man.
I have talked to Quinn in St Louis and after meeting him, its impossible for me to see him in the light that some want to place him.

He is a kind man, very genuine and I am sympathetic to the raw emotions and how deep down inside, he is hurt by this.

If Rams fans can immediately forgive Peters, Suh, Talib and even OBJ for being "emotional", Im not sure why Quinn cant be given the same excuse.
I don't disagree.
More than one thing can be true at once.
I'm sure he is bright, friendly, giving and great person.
That may have nothing to do with being out of touch with reality and self important.
It's just a bad look man.
Most people lose their gig and get nothing.
Some get a few weeks pay to leave.
He can make millions more in an area he says he enjoys more.
Ok.
Stop whining.
It's like a rock star throwing a tantrum because the mustard provided in the backstage spread was a different brand than listed on his rider.
Bad look.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quinn's numbers drop over the years, he's often injured and he's surprised he's traded? He shoulda seen it coming.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't disagree.
More than one thing can be true at once.
I'm sure he is bright, friendly, giving and great person.
That may have nothing to do with being out of touch with reality and self important.
It's just a bad look man.
Most people lose their gig and get nothing.
Some get a few weeks pay to leave.
He can make millions more in an area he says he enjoys more.
Ok.
Stop whining.
It's like a rock star throwing a tantrum because the mustard provided in the backstage spread was a different brand than listed on his rider.
Bad look.

I agree completely.
I feel embarrased that he let his feelings out publicly.

But sometimes I do stupid things too when my feewings have been hurt.

Moving away from coworkers can feel like a relationship breaking up. Getting fired is a lot like getting dumped.

I dont know about you monks, but I have said some and done some dumb shit under similar situations.
Money doesnt even factor in to matters of the heart.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree completely.
I feel embarrased that he let his feelings out publicly.

But sometimes I do stupid things too when I my feewings have been hurt.

Moving away from coworkers can feel like a relationship breaking up. Getting fired is a lot like getting dumped.

I dont know about you monks, but I have said some and done some dumb crap under similar situations.
Money doesnt even factor in to matters of the heart.
True dat.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
in the real world if you are over paid and underperform you get fired;
Robert gets to keep his money and move to Miami!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right on man.

Well he is no longer a Ram !!

I don’t think anyone has ill will for him.

He just feels entitled & thinks he is deserving of more as a Veteran player.

He did go through a lot as a Ram who moved from St. Louis & his rehab .

—He has to understand it is a business & he did not fit Wades system. As it comes down to it he is happy he is getting more $$$ & on East coast on the Atlantic close by Carlolina.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
in the real world if you are over paid and underperform you get fired;
Robert gets to keep his money and move to Miami!
LOL! The real world is chock full of examples just the OPPOSITE of your simplistic comment!

And can you get your head around the fact that for Quinn, ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think that’s a bit harsh fearsome. Reading between the lines he didn’t want to go and knows he’d have much more chance of success with the Rams than the Dolphins. I take the suffocating comment with a pinch of salt.

Yep. And it seems that comment was more aimed at the West Coast then the Rams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Despite what he said, I wish Quinn the best at MIami.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Quinn parlayed an all pro year into a nice contract. But the fact is, he wasn't living up to it anymore. I know he might have felt something was owed to him with the years he had with them. But the days of paying for loyalty and maxing out at 7 wins for it are over. Players aren't loyal enough to take pay cuts or give discounts when they know the team is restrained by the cap. Why should the team be?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Robert can go F himself.

What did he say?

1) I felt betrayed getting traded. Makes sense. They didn't discuss it with him and he felt he was a part of the plans going forward. We not Me is the football side. It's exactly the opposite of the business side.

2) Quinn is a country kid from North Carolina. As any Angeleno can tell you, it's a different kind of big city. It's truly a Metropolis in that it's just miles and miles of concrete jungle. And living in LA, there's always this pressure. It's a faster life. I know I didn't like it, moved away and don't really enjoy going back. I'm sure Quinn will enjoy Miami much more.

As long as he's not taking any specific shots at anyone, what he says seems like the truth and perfectly honest. It's not even controversial...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Yeah. You gotta believe the coaching staff preaches "family" all the time as part of the shtick, and players develop strong friendships. So yeah, it hurts some people to be traded, like it hurts people in the real world to be demoted, transferred or whatever. Perfectly normal, human response.
It's family like the Olive Garden. When you're here, you're family. Not here? Not family.

But this really good back to what I think is a poorly understood part of We not Me. "We" is the team. And everything is about the team. The motto is not only asking players to be less concerned with individual success so that the team can be more successful, but also giving an advanced warning that if the team is better off with a fourth and a sixth than you, you're gone. Because it's all about We not Me, team success over individual players. Quinn and Ogletree were individuals who weren't in the team so best interest, so they got moved. It's in the motto.