Robert Quinn felt betrayed by trade to Dolphins but was suffocating with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
But it does make you wonder if after a player gets traded and he says it's just business, is it really just business, or are they just saying that, while they're actually seething inside, and can't wait until his new team goes up against his old team all so that he can show them what they're missing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol wow dude. You seem really hurt by his harsh words. LA = suffocating. Having to move cross country and away from his teammates he has relationships..

You are so right. freak him for quietly being honest. Such insults he leveled at the Rams, terrible stuff.

I have zero heat about this. Quinn is gone and I've moved on, but it is disappointing to hear former Ram bad mouth the team that drafted him and paid him a lot of money. Players are only treated badly when they are cut or traded, but not in reverse to the team and its fans when they leave the team because they sold out to highest bidder? He has a right to talk about it, and we have a right to critique him for it. Ain't free speech great?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im happy about the Rams moves.

Doesn't mean I have to over inflate my sense of outrage over some fairly benign statements and the honesty over how ANYONE might feel after being surprised by a trade.

Burn him at the stake of ROD popular opinion!!!! RABBLE RABBLE RAMS FANS!!!!
It’s funny how you applaud him for being honest about how he feels yet can’t do the same for fans. He feels betrayed by the team and the fans feel betrayed by him. Both the fans and Quinn enriched themselves from the relationship, him with money us with occasionally watching some good football. Interesting that in this article he never thanks the fans for their love and support or the Rams for what they did for him. He just took a shot at the team after he moved on.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Everybody's building ships and boats
Some are building monuments, others are jotting down notes
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Dolphin gets here, everybody's gonna jump for joy

Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn

fearsomefour

Legend
LA is not for everybody. I posted earlier in the year that I had a gut feeling he was headed back to the southeastern part of the US. One thing is a fact he gained a good amount of extra $$$ cash being in FL.

Quinn is a far better fit in a standard 43 D thats just the way it is.
Yep.
Could easily be a deal that works out for everyone involved.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have zero heat about this. Quinn is gone and I've moved on, but it is disappointing to hear former Ram bad mouth the team that drafted him and paid him a lot of money. Players are only treated badly when they are cut or traded, but not in reverse to the team and its fans when they leave the team because they sold out to highest bidder? He has a right to talk about it, and we have a right to critique him for it. Ain't the free speech great?

Free speech is great.
Its even better when we use some perspective and remember that some people are going to tell you how they really feel.

Anyone of you actually watch Quinns press conference?
The I Hate The Rams Special? Its on NFL, ESPN and CBS.

Oh wait? This is all second hand from Florio, based off a few comments to someone we have never heard of?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Regardless of how you feel, the NFL is a business. He's seen it plenty of times with team mates and fellow players. Hell, If we all knew he was a potential cap casualty, he had to have known. Like my dad always taught me.... don't burn your bridges.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Free speech is great.
Its even better when we use some perspective and remember that some people are going to tell you how they really feel.

Anyone of you actually watch Quinns press conference?
The I Hate The Rams Special? Its on NFL, ESPN and CBS.

Oh wait? This is all second hand from Florio, based off a few comments to someone we have never heard of?
Exactly..you mean like I just did?

EasyE

Starter
the players wanted free agency.... this is the other side of the coin....

it was kinda neat when a player stayed with a team forever..

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It’s funny how you applaud him for being honest about how he feels yet can’t do the same for fans. He feels betrayed by the team and the fans feel betrayed by him. Both the fans and Quinn enriched themselves from the relationship, him with money us with occasionally watching some good football. Interesting that in this article he never thanks the fans for their love and support or the Rams for what they did for him. He just took a shot at the team after he moved on.

Was this an interview?
I would love to see it....

I have seen Quinn interact with fans. I have never seen a player give more to the kids, stay late to sign, talk to anyone.

I have seen plenty of dicks blow off fans.. trying to turn this to Quinn betrays the fans isnt going to work on me. Sorry, good try and thanks for all the "Ha Ha Ha" ratings on every post.
(y)

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
:burp: Nothing good ever came from North Carolina anyway....except ROD. @-X-

:lifting: And maybe the Wright brothers.

Edit: In all seriousness. I will miss Quinn, and wish he could have been part of seeing something great happen here. But I also understand the reality, and business side of this decision. Best to you, Mighty Quinn.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Exactly..you mean like I just did?
Not sure.
Didnt you use some Florio quote of a nobody quote of a Quinn quote to rip on a guy for his free speech?

Im trying to figure out what it is you think is great about free speech. Is it when you use it... or does it apply to former Rams as well?

Does anyone know if Quinns quotes were taken publicly, or privately?

Because all of you crying foul should feel at least a little embarrased if Quinn has made private comments turned into some halfassed nfl rumor reporting...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is an excerpt due to political comments. Want to read the whole article? Click the link below.
******************************************************************************************
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-robert-quinn-20180404-story.html

New Dolphins DE Robert Quinn talks football
Chris Perkins

A fairly upbeat conference call with Robert Quinn, the Miami Dolphins’ newly-acquired defensive end, ended with a political slant Wednesday.

About 10 minutes into the call, after being asked about the brain tumor he had in high school, his role with the Dolphins and other on-field topics, Quinn was asked why he raised his fist during the national anthem last season and whether he plans to continue.

Prior to that question being asked the moderator said this would be the last question.

Quinn, the 27-year-old, seven-year veteran, didn’t say whether he planned to continue raising his fist.

The Dolphins acquired Quinn last month from the Los Angeles Rams for a fourth-round pick and a swap of sixth-round picks.

Quinn admitted the trade was shocking, but he also spoke of needing a change.

“Honestly, you don’t realize you’re suffocating until you can’t breathe anymore,” he said, “so honestly I’m glad I can have a new breath of fresh air down here in Miami.”

Asked what he meant by that Quinn, who grew up in South Carolina, attended North Carolina, and spent his entire seven-year career with the Rams, the first five years in St. Louis and the last two in Los Angeles, said, “Well how about this – I’m not a West-Coast guy. I’ll just put it that way.”

Quinn, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, is viewed as a bookend pass rusher to Cameron Wake. Quinn is the latest to attempt that role recently, joining Mario Williams, Andre Branch and Charles Harris.

During the 2012-14 seasons, Quinn posted double-digit sack totals each year, including a career-best 19 sacks in 2013.

Last season, the Dolphins ranked 26th in the NFL with 30 sacks. Wake, who is coming off back-to-back, double-digit sack seasons, is the star of the pass-rushing show. The Dolphins are hoping Quinn also becomes a star pass-rusher.

Quinn, a 4-3 defensive end, played 3-4 outside linebacker last season with the Rams, totaling 8.5 sacks.

He said it’ll be good to having his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 defensive end again with Miami. He said that pass-rushing style works to his advantage.

“I don’t know if you’ve ever watched the Olympics,” he said, “but I’ve never seen one of the sprinters run from a two-point stance.”

Quinn made it clear he’s looking forward to a new beginning with the Dolphins and he’s glad he’s away from the Rams.

“It’s like this, this is the first time I’ve been traded,” he said. “You commit yourself to someone and basically you have a family member turn their back on you, and you realize who appreciates you around here and you commit yourself to them. I’ve got a new family now here in Miami and that’s all I’m concerned about.”

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
If he played better, he'd be around. He was a one trick pony pass rusher who was often invisible. He couldn't contain well on the run and he never regained his early career explosiveness after his injuries.

Son of Bum thinks he can get better production on the cheaper side. He will. Ekubam with double figure sack total this year. Book it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the players wanted free agency.... this is the other side of the coin....

it was kinda neat when a player stayed with a team forever..
Yes.....I learned that having a player forever, was over. When Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds demanded more money and a 5 year deal, the Rams released him because they got tired of it all. He was my favorite player and was an important part of the 7 year NFC West Title winning streak and Super Bowl vs the Steelers. Then, he was with the Niners winning their first Super Bowl. I still don't know what to think of him after all of these years..

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Was he suffocating from all the weed smoke? He said he wasn't a west coast guy .

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Yes.....I learned that having a player forever, was over. When Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds demanded more money and a 5 year deal, the Rams released him because they got tired of it all. He was my favorite player and was an important part of the 7 year NFC West Title winning streak and Super Bowl vs the Steelers. Then, he was with the Niners winning their first Super Bowl. I still don't know what to think of him after all of these years..

I know, same with Wendell Tyler. It really was tough to deal with.

Jack Reynolds went from "Hacksaw" to "backstab" overnight.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is an excerpt due to political comments. Want to read the whole article? Click the link below.
******************************************************************************************
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-robert-quinn-20180404-story.html

New Dolphins DE Robert Quinn talks football
Chris Perkins

A fairly upbeat conference call with Robert Quinn, the Miami Dolphins’ newly-acquired defensive end, ended with a political slant Wednesday.

About 10 minutes into the call, after being asked about the brain tumor he had in high school, his role with the Dolphins and other on-field topics, Quinn was asked why he raised his fist during the national anthem last season and whether he plans to continue.

Prior to that question being asked the moderator said this would be the last question.

Quinn, the 27-year-old, seven-year veteran, didn’t say whether he planned to continue raising his fist.

The Dolphins acquired Quinn last month from the Los Angeles Rams for a fourth-round pick and a swap of sixth-round picks.

Quinn admitted the trade was shocking, but he also spoke of needing a change.

“Honestly, you don’t realize you’re suffocating until you can’t breathe anymore,” he said, “so honestly I’m glad I can have a new breath of fresh air down here in Miami.”

Asked what he meant by that Quinn, who grew up in South Carolina, attended North Carolina, and spent his entire seven-year career with the Rams, the first five years in St. Louis and the last two in Los Angeles, said, “Well how about this – I’m not a West-Coast guy. I’ll just put it that way.”

Quinn, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, is viewed as a bookend pass rusher to Cameron Wake. Quinn is the latest to attempt that role recently, joining Mario Williams, Andre Branch and Charles Harris.

During the 2012-14 seasons, Quinn posted double-digit sack totals each year, including a career-best 19 sacks in 2013.

Last season, the Dolphins ranked 26th in the NFL with 30 sacks. Wake, who is coming off back-to-back, double-digit sack seasons, is the star of the pass-rushing show. The Dolphins are hoping Quinn also becomes a star pass-rusher.

Quinn, a 4-3 defensive end, played 3-4 outside linebacker last season with the Rams, totaling 8.5 sacks.

He said it’ll be good to having his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 defensive end again with Miami. He said that pass-rushing style works to his advantage.

“I don’t know if you’ve ever watched the Olympics,” he said, “but I’ve never seen one of the sprinters run from a two-point stance.”

Quinn made it clear he’s looking forward to a new beginning with the Dolphins and he’s glad he’s away from the Rams.

“It’s like this, this is the first time I’ve been traded,” he said. “You commit yourself to someone and basically you have a family member turn their back on you, and you realize who appreciates you around here and you commit yourself to them. I’ve got a new family now here in Miami and that’s all I’m concerned about.”

What a jerk!!! Way out of line!!! LOL

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure.
Didnt you use some Florio quote of a nobody quote of a Quinn quote to rip on a guy for his free speech?

Im trying to figure out what it is you think is great about free speech. Is it when you use it... or does it apply to former Rams as well?

Does anyone know if Quinns quotes were taken publicly, or privately?

Because all of you crying foul should feel at least a little embarrased if Quinn has made private comments turned into some halfassed nfl rumor reporting...
Whether my statement is informed by a tweet or by exhaustive, sourced research is not material. I never said that he couldn't complain about the situation, just that I thought he would be more highly regarded if he had been classy enough to not say what he did publically. I didn't like it. It's my choice to say that, and you are objecting to my point of view. I support your right to do so.