Robert Quinn felt betrayed by trade to Dolphins but was suffocating with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/981521801330249728

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-felt-shocked-betrayed-by-trade-to-dolphins/

Robert Quinn felt shocked, betrayed by trade to Dolphins
Posted by Mike Foolio on April 4, 2018

gettyimages-889862408-e1522850389895.jpg

Getty Images

As the Rams shake things up in L.A., adding big-name pieces as they pursue big-time results (on the field and at the cash register), they’ll be forced to make tough decisions about some of the players who were perceived to be key components of the team. This year, defensive end Robert Quinn and linebacker Alec Ogletree — supposed cornerstones of the team’s defense — were abruptly and unceremoniously traded.

Quinn isn’t happy about it. And yet he is.

“It’s like this, this is the first time I’ve been traded,” Quinn told reporters on Wednesday, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. “You commit yourself to someone and you have your family turn their back on you.”

Quinn added that he was shocked by the news of the deal, even though he seems to welcome the move to Miami.

Per Salguero, Quinn called the move “a breath of fresh air,” adding that he was “suffocating” with the Rams.

“I’m not a West Coast guy, put it that way,” Quinn said.

He’s now an East Coast guy. And, perhaps more importantly, a no-state-income-tax guy. That alone will let him keep 13.3 cents from every dollar he earns.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that’s a bit harsh fearsome. Reading between the lines he didn’t want to go and knows he’d have much more chance of success with the Rams than the Dolphins. I take the suffocating comment with a pinch of salt.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of like the Rams and Rams fans felt betrayed when they paid Jim all that money and production dropped. Best of luck in Florida, especially when you get the chance to sack that cheater in New England twice a year.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Suffocated under those big piles of $$ the Rams dropped on him.

Business, not personal, and Quinn's been in the NFL long enough to know that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess Quinn thought he was all special in the era of free agency. He saw what happened with Chris Long and didn't think it possible that the Rams would say goodbye in the future? He should have followed Long's and James L.'s example in leaving with class. Instead of 19 sacks, I'm gonna remember this more, and that's a d@mn shame.

Name
Hannibal Ram
Sour grapes.......Saw first hand what the Rams were building last season, then gets traded to the Dolphins, and now looking at a possible historically good defense without him.......

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Per Salguero, Quinn called the move “a breath of fresh air,” adding that he was “suffocating” with the Rams.

oh yeah?

I'm hoping he still has something left and has a good season...if not, validates the move and with these comments, good riddance...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
oh yeah?

I'm hoping he still has something left and has a good season...if not, validates the move and with these comments, good riddance...
I'm already at the good riddance stage...

fearsomefour

Legend
I think that’s a bit harsh fearsome. Reading between the lines he didn’t want to go and knows he’d have much more chance of success with the Rams than the Dolphins. I take the suffocating comment with a pinch of salt.
Yeah, so he's a little bitter.
It just means he has lost touch with reality.
He made tens of millions of dollars with the Rams. He is now an average player. Average. Nothing special. In one particular aspect he is very bad.....simply staying upright and not falling down. I understand why he loses his feet. But it takes him out of plays and if he is not getting constant pressure on the QB he is massively overpaid.
Maybe he will bounce back in a 4/3 and revert back to his old self. I hope so. He is fun to watch when he is rolling.
But, he is a wealthy man who is now very overpaid doing something he seems to love.
His whining about having to move to make millions more is just the height of self importance.
He can feel however he wants. I just wish some of these guys had the good sense to keep it to themselves.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

View: https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/981521801330249728

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-felt-shocked-betrayed-by-trade-to-dolphins/

Robert Quinn felt shocked, betrayed by trade to Dolphins
Posted by Mike Foolio on April 4, 2018

gettyimages-889862408-e1522850389895.jpg

Getty Images

As the Rams shake things up in L.A., adding big-name pieces as they pursue big-time results (on the field and at the cash register), they’ll be forced to make tough decisions about some of the players who were perceived to be key components of the team. This year, defensive end Robert Quinn and linebacker Alec Ogletree — supposed cornerstones of the team’s defense — were abruptly and unceremoniously traded.

Quinn isn’t happy about it. And yet he is.

“It’s like this, this is the first time I’ve been traded,” Quinn told reporters on Wednesday, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. “You commit yourself to someone and you have your family turn their back on you.”

Quinn added that he was shocked by the news of the deal, even though he seems to welcome the move to Miami.

He’s now an East Coast guy. And, perhaps more importantly, a no-state-income-tax guy. That alone will let him keep 13.3 cents from every dollar he earns.

I didn't like losing Quinn and Tree. But it-is-what-it-is!

I sure Quinn will Draw on this and try to make us pay the 1st time he meets back-up with us!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dont know why you guys demand that Quinn lies about how he felt about it...

Funny how every player is such a p.o.s. the moment they are not getting beaten up on your team.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The suffocating comment is bizarre. Suffocating under what? The money? His injuries? Rams finally making the playoffs?

Bruised ego on the trading but then says "Im an east coast guy anyway" is the exact definition of sour grapes.

NFL being a business, even Montana, Rice and Favre got shopped away.

Good luck on facing Brady 2x a year and making the playoffs on the east coast.

Thanks for the memories, Q.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The suffocating comment is bizarre. Suffocating under what? The money? His injuries? Rams finally making the playoffs?

Bruised ego on the trading but then says "Im an east coast guy anyway" is the exact definition of sour grapes.

NFL being a business, even Montana, Rice and Favre got shopped away.

Good luck on facing Brady 2x a year and making the playoffs on the east coast.

Thanks for the memories, Q.

LA is suffocating for a country boy like Quinn.
It just is.
It doesnt mean an insult.

And if Quinn had no idea this might happen, then its understandable why he feels betrayed. (Nobody told him he wasnt in the plans.)

ROD will settle this score with that no good Robert Quinn... smdh

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dont know why you guys demand that Quinn lies about how he felt about it...

Funny how every player is such a p.o.s. the moment they are not getting beaten up on your team.

He doesn't have to lie, when he has the choice to not saying anything at all to the media/social media, etc... He's a POS because he shat on the team that paid him multi-millions of dollars to the team that we all have an emotional connection to in a public way. He chose to deal with rejection in a public way, so he gets what he gets. Fukk em.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
LA is not for everybody. I posted earlier in the year that I had a gut feeling he was headed back to the southeastern part of the US. One thing is a fact he gained a good amount of extra $$$ cash being in FL.

Quinn is a far better fit in a standard 43 D thats just the way it is.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He doesn't have to lie, when he has the choice to not saying anything at all to the media/social media, etc... He's a POS because he shat on the team that paid him multi-millions of dollars to the team that we all have an emotional connection to in a public way. He chose to deal with rejection in a public way, so he gets what he gets. Fukk em.

Lol wow dude. You seem really hurt by his harsh words. LA = suffocating. Having to move cross country and away from his teammates he has relationships..

You are so right. Fuck him for quietly being honest. Such insults he leveled at the Rams, terrible stuff.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Im happy about the Rams moves.

Doesn't mean I have to over inflate my sense of outrage over some fairly benign statements and the honesty over how ANYONE might feel after being surprised by a trade.

Burn him at the stake of ROD popular opinion!!!! RABBLE RABBLE RAMS FANS!!!!