Rob Havenstein #1 at tackle in Pass block win rate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Waiting for a 6 paragraph post telling us he's actually shit and going to be waived soon :D Big Hav is having an amazing year and it's wonderful to watch how that whole OL is playing.
Who is going to edit it down to 6 paragraphs from 12?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of the guys we're gonna resign, here's my guess:

Havenstein
Von Miller
Brian Allen
Austin Corbett
Joe Noteboom (I think after we win the SB, Whit retires)
Stafford may get extended this off-season, but he KNOWS we're gonna take care of him.

As much as I hate it, I think SJD is gonna be a cap casualty especially with how well Gaines has come along.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

Havenstein
Von Miller
Brian Allen
Austin Corbett
Stafford may get extended this off-season, but he KNOWS we're gonna take care of him.

As much as I hate it, I think SJD is gonna be a cap casualty especially with how well Gaines has come along.
Hav isn’t a FA this offseason.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

Havenstein
Von Miller
Brian Allen
Austin Corbett

Extend Hav correct? He still has one more year right? I just can't see how we can do all that but I hope your right and I'm wrong

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I was on record saying Hav was a keeper, just saying lol....I know my fellow fat guys as I used to be one hahaha

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There were several posters on many Rams forums that were ready to kick big Hav's ass to the curb and were willing to trade him.

I'm not saying it didn't cross my mind but I'm not on record posting about it.

It's a beautiful thing when us armchair fans think we know more than we do and then the team and their professionals stick to their guns and are proven right.

Big Hav's has become a fan favorite this year.

Rams restructure Rob Havenstein's deal, create $3.1M in cap space​

2021 "News Flash" Rams RT Rob Havenstein is getting better with age...
2964293cf7ce4d31aa614911f88f8786.jpg
Yep these NFL GMs are infallible alright. Just look at the Lions, Jets, Rams about 910 years ago, Dolphins, and Jaguars. :eyeroll:

Btw I never advocated ditching Rob. Who could they have replaced him with? But come on man. Let people play GM. If its fun for them and makes them happy then I don't see the problem.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yep these NFL GMs are infallible alright. Just look at the Lions, Jets, Rams about 910 years ago, Dolphins, and Jaguars. :eyeroll:

Btw I never advocated ditching Rob. Who could they have replaced him with? But come on man. Let people play GM. If its fun for them and makes them happy then I don't see the problem.

Well in all fairness, in the year of Our Lord 1111, the NFL didn’t know about analytics.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

You're not wrong, but some fans are trying a combo GM/Skip Bayless impression. Comically bad takes that they won't drop in the face of cost evidence they're wrong. I never see those posts, thank God for the ignore feature, but they are out there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It seems like there's a lot of hints that are pointing to Carberry being very good for this oline. I suspect he's helped Havenstein too.

I concur here as some including yours truly wasn't sure about losing Aaron Kromer and adding Kevin Carberry plus Carberry had COVID during preseason too. Overall with Brian Allen exceeding expectations and the improvement of Big Rob, the unit is rated #4 overall according to PFF.

Kudos to McVay for the hire of Carberry and his assistant Nick Jones, who was Stafford's center in college at Georgia. BTW the only hiccup I see is that Bobby Evans is still bad and Alaric Jackson had issues too against Houston. Noteboom played really well, so hopefully the Rams will be able to retain, Boom, Allen & Austin Corbett in 2022.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Reminds me of when fans wanted Saffold gone too early. He is now a top LG in the league and has blocked for Steven Jackson, Gurly and now Henry,m.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have always been a Big Rob fan. Maybe because he grew up and went to HS down the street, haha, but he has been pretty stellar in his Rams career. Never understood the hand wringing over him. It's not like he was ever a poorly rated RT and he has never had an inflated contract..... but I guess some peeps gotta GM.... for all the good it does them or anyone else.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I have always been a Big Rob fan. Maybe because he grew up and went to HS down the street, haha, but he has been pretty stellar in his Rams career. Never understood the hand wringing over him. It's not like he was ever a poorly rated RT and he has never had an inflated contract..... but I guess some peeps gotta GM.... for all the good it does them or anyone else.
but I guess some peeps gotta GM....

Posters roster churn can get boring and not make a lot of sense.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It seems like there's a lot of hints that are pointing to Carberry being very good for this oline. I suspect he's helped Havenstein too.

Yeah, whatever flaws had reared their ugly head in Kromer's coaching style/technique, Carberry seems to have done a great job of overcoming them. Don't know what happened to Kromer, the OL was great for his first two years and then really declined. I get that he lost some talent (especially Saffold), but between misusing guys ('Boom at OG) and failing to develop them, whatever he was doing wasn't working.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Reminds me of when fans wanted Saffold gone too early. He is now a top LG in the league and has blocked for Steven Jackson, Gurly and now Henry,m.

In fairness, Saffold was injured a lot earlier in his career. Then, for whatever reasons, the injuries just stopped ... and so did people wanting him gone.