River's Final 53 ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Tough cut down, especially with our reserve OT's. While Williams, Battle & Donnal hardly inspire, I still need 2 of these guys, at least until something, hopefully, magically drops in on us. I went with Donnal/Williams because Donnal looked decent earlier, and Williams looked good last year, so maybe he finds what he has lost in the off-season. Battle just hasn't done anything. The WR's ended up being easier than I thought as so many of the new & old guys struggled with drops or making plays on a consistent basis. Had to finally say goodby to Quick. There is plenty of young talent, but right now they are better dealt to the practice squad. I have Hemmingway as our 4'th TE/6'th WR.
On the defensive line, what a richness of wealth we have acquired. I'm sure to get plenty of heat
for keeping 10 on the DL, but I figured we'd lose anyone cut, as I don't believe we can sneak any of them onto our practice squad. Had to lose Sims as I believe he has lost a step and he is now at that post 30 stage of his career. I was able to accomplish this because there was little inspiration in keeping more LB'ers that were just guys, not really special. I also thought in case of emergency, perhaps there is a slight chance Seau could act as a hybrid DE/LB if Ayers or another outside guy left us high and dry. I'm not too worried, I believe we have gone with 5 LB'ers in the past, even if it isn't ideal, especially for special teams. Sensabaugh, Joyner and to a lesser extent, even Roberson have been a disappointment, and while i'd love to make room for Troy Hill, I just can't make it happen. The 4 Safeties are easy picks among the choices available. jmo.

Defense
(24)

DL (10)

LDE : Hayes, Longacre
RDE : Quinn, Seau
DT/NT : Brockers, Thomas
DT : Donald, Easley
rotation/reserve : Westbrooks, Fox

IR :

Trinca-Pasat

LB'ers (5):

MLB : Ogletree, Hager
WLB : Barron, Littleton
SLB : Ayers

CB's (5) :

Tru Johnson
EJ Gaines
Roberson
Joyner
Sensabaugh

Safeties (4) :

SS : Alexander, TJ McDonald
FS : Davis, Bryant

IR :

Randolph

Offense (26) :

While Hemingway may be designated as our 4'th TE, he could also act as our 6'th WR, ... so could Higbee for that matter.

WR's (5) :

1) Kenny Britt
2) Tavon Austin
3) Pharoh Cooper
4) Nelson Spruce
5) Bradley Marquez

TE's (4) :

1) Kendricks
2) Harkey
3) Higbee
4) Hemmingway

RB's (4) :

Gurley
Cunningham
M.Brown
Green

OL (10) :

RT) Havenstein, Donnal
RG) J.Brown, Saffold
C) Barnes, Kush
LG) Wichmann, Reynolds
LT) GRob, Williams

QB's (3):

Keenum
Goff
Mannion

Special Teams (3) :

P - Hekker
K - Zuerlein
LS - McQuaid

Practice Squad (10) :

WR - Mike Thomas
WR - Paul McRoberts
WR - Duke Williams
RB - Terrence Magee
OL - Demetrius Rhaney
OL - Isaiah Battle
LB - Josh Forrest
LB - Cameron Lynch
LB - Brandon Chubb
CB - Troy Hill

OK guys, ... have at it.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tough cut down, especially with our reserve OT's. While Williams, Battle & Donnal hardly inspire, I still need 2 of these guys, at least until something, hopefully, magically drops in on us. I went with Donnal/Williams because Donnal looked decent earlier, and Williams looked good last year, so maybe he finds what he has lost in the off-season. Battle just hasn't done anything. The WR's ended up being easier than I thought as so many of the new & old guys struggled with drops or making plays on a consistent basis. Had to finally say goodby to Quick. There is plenty of young talent, but right now they are better dealt to the practice squad. I have Hemmingway as our 4'th TE/6'th WR.
On the defensive line, what a richness of wealth we have acquired. I'm sure to get plenty of heat
for keeping 10 on the DL, but I figured we'd lose anyone cut, as I don't believe we can sneak any of them onto our practice squad. I was able to accomplish this because there was little inspiration in keeping more LB'ers that were just guys, not really special. I also thought in case of emergency, perhaps there is a slight chance Seau could act as a hybrid DE/LB if Ayers or another outside guy left us high and dry. I'm not too worried, I believe we have gone with 5 LB'ers in the past, even if it isn't ideal, especially for special teams. Sensabaugh, Joyner and to a lesser extent, even Roberson have been a disappointment, and while i'd love to make room for Troy Hill, I just can't make it happen. The 4 Safeties are easy picks among the choices available. jmo.

Defense
(24)

DL (10)

LDE : Hayes, Longacre
RDE : Quinn, Seau
DT/NT : Brockers, Thomas
DT : Donald, Easley
rotation/reserve : Westbrooks, Fox

IR :

Trinca-Pasta

LB'ers (5):

MLB : Ogletree, Hager
WLB : Barron, Littleton
SLB : Ayers

CB's (5) :

Tru Johnson
EJ Gaines
Roberson
Joyner
Sensabaugh

Safeties (4) :

SS : Alexander, TJ McDonald
FS : Davis, Bryant

IR :

Randolph

Offense (26) :

While Hemingway may be designated as our 4'th TE, he could also act as our 6'th WR, ... so could Higbee for that matter.

WR's (5) :

1) Kenny Britt
2) Tavon Austin
3) Pharoh Cooper
4) Nelson Spruce
5) Bradley Marquez

TE's (4) :

1) Kendricks
2) Harkey
3) Higbee
4) Hemmingway

RB's (4) :

Gurley
Cunningham
M.Brown
Green

OL (10) :

RT) Havenstein, Donnal
RG) J.Brown, Saffold
C) Barnes, Kush
LG) Wichmann, Reynolds
LT) GRob, Williams

QB's (3):

Keenum
Goff
Mannion

Special Teams (3) :

P - Hekker
K - Zuerlein
LS - McQuaid

Practice Squad (10) :

WR - Mike Thomas
WR - Paul McRoberts
WR - Duke Williams
RB - Terrence Magee
OL - Demetrius Rhaney
OL - Isaiah Battle
LB - Josh Forrest
LB - Cameron Lynch
LB - Brandon Chubb
CB - Troy Hill

OK guys, ... have at it.

I think you are spot on..

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think people are going to be shocked when Brian Quick makes it. Because if he doesn't outside of Britt we have the smallest WR group in the league. And like it or not he's the best blocking WR we have.

…..

Legend
Me: Not a huge fan of his, but I'd keep Sims on the 53, put Seau to practice squad and teach to be a linebacker, and release Rhaney.

Keep Quick on the 53, move Green to PS, and release Magee

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think people are going to be shocked when Brian Quick makes it. Because if he doesn't outside of Britt we have the smallest WR group in the league. And like it or not he's the best blocking WR we have.

If it came down to Quick or McRoberts, i'd go with McRoberts. I had it very, very close between Marquez & McRoberts, but ultimately went with Marquez, ... i'm good with either or ...

My best answer to this is to trade for Josh Gordon. jmo.

Last edited:

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Not keeping williams on the ol, imo. Murphy or Arkin over him.

Gonna put mcroberts on the active over marquez. or mike thomas. jmo.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
I wonder if they're going to have a 3rd QB active of game day...

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah don't really like it and in my opinion 3 slot WR plus 2 TEs that play best from the slot isn't very likely.

fearsomefour

Legend
Less about size to me but the Rams have two WRs that would be considered vets....I'm not countin Marquez. Too thin in that regard. That is why I think Quick sticks. N

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My best answer to this is to trade for Josh Gordon. jmo.

I'm all for the Rams making a move for a wideout. But not Gordon. We don't need another guy who is going to disappoint us by not being able to play, that's as bad as seeing them dress and drop balls.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm all for the Rams making a move for a wideout. But not Gordon. We don't need another guy who is going to disappoint us by not being able to play, that's as bad as seeing them dress and drop balls.

Have someone in mind ?

I don't believe anyone near Gordon's talent level will become available, ... i'm willing to gamble a conditional 2018 3'rd which might become a 2'nd for an opportunity to make the play-offs this season. We can't go with what we have and expect much of anything imo.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not keeping williams on the ol, imo. Murphy or Arkin over him.

Gonna put mcroberts on the active over marquez. or mike thomas. jmo.
T depth is grim outside of Saffold.
Battle is a guy who appears to be athletic but has a hard time playing with natural bend. He is either too upright, letting guys under his pads and they walk back or he is nose over his toes and lunging forward.
Williams doesn't play with great balance either. My depth is LT Saffold, RT Saffold then Reynolds. Inside Barnes and Kush look good to me. Kush has been consistent. Rhaney has improved as well. Brown gets good push usually in the run game and a liability in the pass game. Wichmann....up and down. Grob, Barnes, Hav, Saffold, Brown, Wichmann, Kush...those are the obvious makes to me. Those last two or three spots....no idea.
Starting week one assuming Havenstein is not ready....Grob/Kush/Barnes/Reynolds/Saffold....that is how I am playing that. I wish Brown could get his pass blocking together because his run game has come along.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Roberson is out, Hill is in.

Rhaney won the #2 Center spot, IMO but Kush is a better Guard. Tough call. I'd have to take Murphy, over Donnal at this point. Battle is out for sure. Williams, may have earned his spot back, after an abysmal 3rd preseason game. I think you nailed the DL. Agree, Simms may be the odd man out, and that is just because of young talent behind him.

Can't argue at WR, but I think we will add one.

Nailed TE, Hemmingway looked pretty good tonight, and better than some of the WR prospects, although he can play there. He blocked his ass off tonight also, inline, and downfield...he is better than advertised there.

LB, I have no fucking clue, Hager hurt himself in getting hurt. I like Littleton's potential, but he needs a little time, teams, maybe. Lynch is already a teams contributor, close call. Not sure if Ayers makes the cut, based on potential.

Green and Reynolds, who always makes it, and Magee, jeez, very tough call there, but I would go with Green also, because he is truly a different pace. Looked like quickest player on the field tonight.

Just my thoughts. Good job as always, BBQ.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We can't go with what we have and expect much of anything imo.
I agree, unfortunately.
I see an overall underwhelming group that aren't sure-handed except for the slow injured guy. The guys with size are slow except for the biggest guy who can't catch anything. The little guys can't catch and aren't really fast. They're all green except for the old slow guy and the tiny fast guy who isn't really a WR and none of them are elite route runners.
no-answer.gif

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
remember, basket cases seem to be a fisher specialty. doubt it happens, but man would that be nice to finally have a legit #1 running routes.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man heading in to PS games, I felt like the WR situation was a "holy cow, we're going to have to let go of a few guys we wish we could keep"
Now it seems more like "holy sh#t, we're going to have to keep a few a guys that we wish we could cut"

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No way they keep mcroberts over Thomas. Even if they use him exclusively as a kick returner. He looks great there and the Rams could use the extra yards he can gobble up bringing the ball out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt
Quick
Austin
Cooper
McRoberts
Marques or Spruce

Don't see them keeping 3 slot receiver
I want to agree with this, but with this "short passing game" it actually could happen.
Personally, I keep Thomas over Quick. Thomas couldn't catch a cold but the cat gets open, runs great routes

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
With regards to the WRs - just go for the most sure handed, someone who can catch the ball securely and contest for the ball on 50/50 balls - I'm not a Quick fan, never have been, he's a cheap vet and thats about it for me - I'd rather give someone else a chance now