RIP Tommy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Very sad news for me in sports. Tommy Lasorda has passed away. The guy bled Dodger Blue. Great man. Great coach.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Vin's wife now Tommy it's a sad week for Dodger Lovers.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
probably the wrong bored and I am sorry for that.

But rest in peace my friend.

I am SOO glad he hung on to see the Dodgers Win another WS.

Godspeed,

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Walter Alston was a great manager, and I never thought he could be replaced, but Lasorda was the man. RiP Mr. Lasorda.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahh Tommy. Always loved you and will miss you. I hope you enjoyed "the fruits of victory, oh yeah!"

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Uggh.
This hurts

"You want to go to Heaven. You have to go through Dodger Stadium"
~ Tommy Lasorda

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Man, I was hoping 2021 would bring on some better times than 2020. We're off to a rough start already. I always look at Tommy Lasorda as invincible. RIP Tommy. The great Dodger in the Sky.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feel like someone punched me in the gut with this one. Lasorda is one of my all-time favorite personalities just such a great dude. He's near the top of that fictional list of people I'd love to spend an afternoon draining some beers with.

Just a huge loss for everyone. RIP Tommy. :beer2:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I know it's a football board and I don't know if this was brought up anywhere but either way sad to hear it. Not a Dodger fan but a baseball fan and how could you not love Lasorda if you love baseball.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rest in peace, Tommy. I may not be a Dodgers fan, but I always respected Tommy Lasorda.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you were a fan of another team, I don't know that Tommy even wanted you to like him.

I know for DAMN sure he was as pure of a team guy that ever existed. There was no other than the Blue.

Mr Lasorda was my favorite coach of any team of any sport - and it's not even close.

I love my Rams most of all and I certainly love my Lakers.... Kings as well.
But no one held a candle to Tommy as I grew up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cuz I'm old, I remember when 3rd base coach Tommy Lasorda replaced Walter Alston as manager of the Dodgers. There was no greater Dodger cheerleader than Tommy. I know he lived a long life with linguini and love of the Dodgers, but this loss hurts more than any other famous person that died this last year for me. He was involved in some facet of Dodgers' baseball for my whole life and his loss leaves a hole.