RIP RRF???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There are currently 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Some of those guys couldn't make it here. Their egos were too big, and didn't like it if they were pointed out as being wrong. This site has many fans who have football knowledge, and won't rub it in your face. ROD has been around longer than some of you think, and for good reason.

All it takes is a couple real idiots to ruin a site, which is probably what happened there.

The original 'Official Forum' was a clown show, and I loved it. What a diverse group it was, a big membership and it moved fast. It was fun and brutal at the same time with some very curious personalities. Lots of intelligent posters along with those showing an interest in learning the ins and outs, although towards the end of its prime it was starting to stress, still ... it disappeared without so much as a notice. Most of us went to RamStalk or RRF following its closure, and I participated at both sites for awhile until I just couldn't handle the perceived arrogance and 'cliqueish' type atmosphere at RRF. RamsTalk initially was more like the official Rams forum imo, but the inept moderators allowed the place to deteriorate fast, but it also had a good combination of intelligent posters to counter the clueless. The place filled with several arrogant bully-like trolls who couldn't accept an opposing opinion without posting their wrathful rages for anyone not in agreement. There was also a problem with many trolls with multiple accounts for awhile. The place was a circus but you could still find a good conversation if you looked for it and tuned out the 'noise'. The Rams conversations over the potential move from St.Louis to Los Angeles pretty much ended any lingering civility. Thank goodness for R.O.D., although I only monitored it until 2013, not choosing to jump into a 3'rd forum right away, but I would have been much happier if I had. This place is a god-send.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@CGI_Ram recruited me off that site to ROD and that's like being recruited by Nick Saban you just say yes. Rev was fantastic, Coach O with his camp reviews were amazing and the Rev with his pictures too. Love ROD, but you never forget your first, although that is somewhat unfair because I did quite a bit of posting on the Post Dispatch site back then, funny I keep posting I'm technology challenged, however, had a PC back in the late 80's when I was in the Air Force, but that was like building a closet for your combat boots back then and yes @LoyalRam , we fly-boys were issued combat boots.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@CGI_Ram recruited me off that site to ROD and that's like being recruited by Nick Saban you just say yes. Rev was fantastic, Coach O with his camp reviews were amazing and the Rev with his pictures too. Love ROD, but you never forget your first, although that is somewhat unfair because I did quite a bit of posting on the Post Dispatch site back then, funny I keep posting I'm technology challenged, however, had a PC back in the late 80's when I was in the Air Force, but that was like building a closet for your combat boots back then and yes @LoyalRam , we fly-boys were issued combat boots.
Must have been these...lol
3W89Ajv.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was something attractive about the PD Rams Forum back in the day. It must have been an addiction to the troll in me that made me battle in there. X was in a similar situation, even after he created this site in 2010. He would invite some to this site when posting there, but would get drawn into battles constantly, which amused me greatly. He wanted stop going there and said so multiple times and tried to get himself banned. It turned out to not be his last post like he thought, but the post evaded the site's filters in a message that was also a picture (?), somehow, which showed his last profanity filled goodbye. He thought Mike Smith would ban him and put him out of his misery....lol.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a regular lurker at RRF. I started at the 'official' site, and then moved over there. I appreciate CGI hooking me up with you guys. I do not post a lot, but I know when I am in good company. You guys are not only the most knowledgeable Rams fans, but knowledgeable football people as well. It gives me what other platforms can't. The media is so biased, and I am tired of the hot take. Thanks @CGI_Ram. I owe you a debt, my friend.

As a side question, I was a member of a site of all football teams before the 'official'. That is where I met Jimmy7709 and a bunch of other people. Does anybody remember that old site?