RIP RRF???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I started at a different ram message board, which I go back to read every now and then for comic relief, in disbelief that they are still a
Round...then eventually found RRF, and loved it for awhile until I found ROD, I spent a lot of time at RRF but stopped once I found ROD, now ROD is my sole source for rams news, and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Like a lot of you here at ROD, I cut my Rams Forum teeth at RealRamsFans.com. and way before ROD was created. I was just learning computers and how to surf the net when I found that Rams forum. I was overjoyed to find a place where I could talk Rams with like minded fans from around the world. Until the "move to LA" controversy divided forum members and ROD was created, it was my main source for Rams news. I would still occasionally visit the site and go back into the archives. Sadly a few days ago, the site is no longer there, a tragic by product of the move to LA.

I know there are a lot of ROD posters here that are former members of RRF and glad to still interact with here. Also a lot of new friends.

Lost are a lot of good folks and knowledgeable friends that now I have no way of knowing what happened to them. Sad, but time moves things along.

Survival of the fittest, bubba.

As inevitable as the Law of Supply and Demand and the Law of Gravity, I think.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I am forever grateful for that site.......it brought me here lol. To be honest the only reason I am here is because of the people I met over there. Because they came here, so did I.

I made a lot of friends there and the friendships have continued over to here.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RRF was my home i was invited there after the official site was shut down on the rams website.... and it will always have a special place in my heart ... i met some amazing people there Epi and Tabu both sadly no longer with us ( i loved when they named the GD forum after Epi ) .... i never had a dog in the STL vs LA fight i was and am a ram fan and saw both sides of the enlargements .. im glad i found ROD but im also saddened to see RRF no longer with us

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Like a lot of you here at ROD, I cut my Rams Forum teeth at RealRamsFans.com. and way before ROD was created. I was just learning computers and how to surf the net when I found that Rams forum. I was overjoyed to find a place where I could talk Rams with like minded fans from around the world. Until the "move to LA" controversy divided forum members and ROD was created, it was my main source for Rams news. I would still occasionally visit the site and go back into the archives. Sadly a few days ago, the site is no longer there, a tragic by product of the move to LA.

I know there are a lot of ROD posters here that are former members of RRF and glad to still interact with here. Also a lot of new friends.

Lost are a lot of good folks and knowledgeable friends that now I have no way of knowing what happened to them. Sad, but time moves things along.
@bubbaramfan , was that the guy you introduced me to at TC last year? The one who ran the board?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was good for awhile, but there was a very different atmosphere there.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I like bubbaramfan didn't have an online network to read and discuss Rams news until RRF. No other Rams fans around where I am living.

I love seeing some of those familiar names around about. Some are on other sites I suppose with other monikers to go by.

I sure wish it could have stayed together without the move ruining our common Rams interests for too many.

Even though you really don't know the ones behind the monikers and avatars, you felt a sense of family with many of them. And at the same time a sense of living next door to an asshole neighbor. :)

I am happy I found this site recently. I think its as close as you can get to the old RRF days. And we are back together away from the politics that tore RRF apart.

GO RAMS!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some good times there... when it was good it was great... but imo RRF died long before the move.
The "use someone else's avatar" day was a funny one. Along with Silver Rose Christmas office party.. But yes, long before the move there was an exodus of quality posters (like you)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The place was almost golden, but changed dramatically (for me) when Mofo, then Cumby left.

Thank you for the kind words but I didn't leave I was kicked out.

Yet, I've travelled halfway across the country to have a beer with others, both from RRF and here.

Have we met? I was at both the Chiefs and Redskins games. This must have been around 2005 to 2006.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like bubbaramfan didn't have an online network to read and discuss Rams news until RRF. No other Rams fans around where I am living.

I love seeing some of those familiar names around about. Some are on other sites I suppose with other monikers to go by.

I sure wish it could have stayed together without the move ruining our common Rams interests for too many.

Even though you really don't know the ones behind the monikers and avatars, you felt a sense of family with many of them. And at the same time a sense of living next door to an icehole neighbor. :)

I am happy I found this site recently. I think its as close as you can get to the old RRF days. And we are back together away from the politics that tore RRF apart.

GO RAMS!!!
I urge you to meet up with ROD members at a game sometime. You'll have a blast!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
RRF will always have a place in my heart. I participated in the original forum that closed down way back when, but not all that much. Maybe I was just shy. :whistle:

I found RRF and that is where I really started getting into forum posting. We had some fun times there. Silver Rose and Bomebadeeda created some fun threads in general discussion. The favorite poster contest was a blast. I think Boston Ram here won that.

After the move it was clear it would never be the same. Although I did see a change when Cumby(Primetime) left. So I suppose it started before the relocation saga. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I participate now in two forums. They both have a lot of former RRF'ers I always liked. Both have posters that I've learned a lot from. This is one of the two. I can't say which won I like better. To me its 50/50. (y)

Ants

Starter
Funny, I remember being there at some point (I remember some of the names mentioned in this thread)- but it's been so long that I don't even recall why I left. :thinking:

Ram65

Legend
The RRF was a big jump from Ram Stalk. Took me a while to jump here and find many of the same posters here. This is a great Rams forum that I enjoy everyday. It's nice to talk Rams and the NFL grouped together with so many great people from all over the world. I enjoyed the RRF and was disappointed when the activity went down to mostly Rambill posting articles/links. Three years and Rams on Demand has beem kickin' it for me!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The "use someone else's avatar" day was a funny one. Along with Silver Rose Christmas office party.. But yes, long before the move there was an exodus of quality posters (like you)

Thanks DB. I'm flattered... but I think you spelled "quantity" wrong..

Seriously though... I had forgotten about the avatar switch hahaha that was great and Silver and Bome always kept the off topic threads just the right side of rated "R"...

…..

Legend
Thank you for the kind words but I didn't leave I was kicked out.

Have we met? I was at both the Chiefs and Redskins games. This must have been around 2005 to 2006.

No I missed you at the first RRFest because I could not go, then the following year...or another year after, we did a smaller one and you could not make it that year. It was the Denver game, I think home opener.

I do know the details about the door getting locked on you.....I just didnt want to say because it isnt my story to tell and honestly, I wasnt very cool at all with the way things went down. Anyway, thats all in the past and you've done a tremendous job of remaining level headed and healthy about it

To simplify things...I think the good contacted the good over at the O-Board to get them to RRF, and then the good reached out to the good to get them over here. I remember the day I got the unexpected invite here from Danny. To me, our little community has been years in the making and evolved to this point at ROD, adding new solid pieces along the way, and leaving old grudges and baggage behind....it really has made this place the best of the best in my opinion.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was there reading and lurking almost everyday. I miss a lot of the posters there, esp rev & u got & coach O & mFranke. I learned a lot about football that I could never have known reading puff pieces on e$pn. I'll miss it if indeed it's gone but I'm pretty sure it died with the move.
That said ROD kicks the tar out of every other board I've tried. & I still see a few RRFers here, I saw @Juggs here the other day.
Some of those guys couldn't make it here. Their egos were too big, and didn't like it if they were pointed out as being wrong. This site has many fans who have football knowledge, and won't rub it in your face. ROD has been around longer than some of you think, and for good reason.

All it takes is a couple real idiots to ruin a site, which is probably what happened there.