RIP John Madden

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

PARAM

Hall of Fame
"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon"

"This will be the single most important day in your life....as long as you win"

My two favorite John Madden quotes.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon"

"This will be the single most important day in your life....as long as you win"

My two favorite John Madden quotes.
BOOM!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Aw, no...fuck 2021. With a rusty fork.

Rest in peace, John. You were an excellent football mind and promoter, and a better person.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Damn that sucks. I saw him on that preview for his special just a few days ago and thought wow, he's not going to be with us much longer. Didn't know it would come that quickly though. RIP to one of the best sportscasters, coaches, and people I have ever seen. Made football that much more fun and interesting. And I envied his Madden Cruiser. :cry: :heart: :cheers2:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If God came down to Earth and asked me what football was all about, I would direct him towards John Madden.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Was so lucky and fortunate to hear him call MNF in the early 2000s and then SNF too for a bit. There's an entire generation that will never know.

Total gut punch. Damn. Boom in peace.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This is a complete gut punch for me.

I hav been looking forward to seeing his special on Christmas day. What an amazing show.

If I find any solace is that I am happy he got to see how people really felt about him. He saw people celebrated John Madden.

Rest in Peace gentle giant. You changed football fans lives.......

Boom........

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn. RIP big fella.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
My favorite Madden-story. Rams specific.

Game One of the 1983 Season. Rams at NY Giants. First game of Eric Dickerson's career; and the first game of the coaching careers for both John Robinson (Madden's life-long-friend) and Bill Parcells.

Robinson and his Defensive Coordinator (Fritz Shurmur) had gone to a 3-4-Defense; and I was convinced that Jack Youngblood would be an awful-fit as a 3-4-DE ... just too light at 245 lbs. Boy, was I wrong.

It's a competitive game but the Rams have a fourth-quarter-lead. The Giants need to score and Youngblood sacks QB Scott Brunner. Madden goes-off on what a terrific-player Youngblood has been for a long time; and then points-out that he has dirt on the front of his pants. The Meadowlands had artificial-turf ... No Dirt. Madden jokes that Youngblood is such a throw-back player, he brought dirt from California to New York and rubbed it on his uniform because football players get dirty.

Good Laugh.

One or two plays later, Youngblood seals the victory with another sack; and the camera does a close-up.

There's no dirt on his pants. It's Blood! I thought Madden was having an orgasm. He was thrilled. Screams 'That's not dirt ... that's blood!" ... praising Youngblood as the quintessential football-player.

It was great.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Fox Sports 1 to reair documentary at top of the hour

I think

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A legend who lived a life that made him say he was the luckiest guy in the world.

RIP Mr. Madden