Remove your Homerism & predict the # of wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many wins and where do they end up

• A) 7 wins or less

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • B) 8 wins

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • C) 9 wins

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • D) 10 Wins (playoff? )

Votes: 46 45.1%
  • E) 11 wins (Explain if they make playoffs and how far they go)

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • F) 12 wins or more (explain in threat)

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

dang

Legend
Ceiling 12-4 with a 5-1 division record. Floor 8-8 with a 2-4 division record. So the median will be 10-6 with 3-3 division record.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
19 - 0. Because we haven't lost a game yet. Why predict losses when we haven't lost yet?

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
W Arizona Cardinals; 5-10
W Arizona Cardinals; 5-10
W Seattle Seahawks; 11-5
W Seattle Seahawks; 11-5
W San Francisco 49ers; 13-3
W San Francisco 49ers; 13-3
W Dallas Cowboys; 8-8
W New York Giants; 4-12
W Philadelphia Eagles; 9-7
W Washington Redskins; 3-13
W Buffalo Bills; 10-6
W Miami Dolphins; 5-11
W New England Patriots; 12-4
W New York Jets ; 7-9
W Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 7-9
W Chicago Bears; 8-8

Or... Something like that. 16-0.

SB Champs.

Looks Good to me!!!

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
10 wins, 2nd round playoff loss, stock up with a free agent of 2 after, good draft, prepare for super bowl run 2021.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Without looking at the other responses first, I said 10 wins and playoffs.

Although we barely missed the playoffs last season, IMO we did not look good doing so. Elite teams win close games and we lost a few very key ones. It was rare to have both offense and defense play up to their ability in the same game.

Of all the players we lost, I believe Fowler and Littleton had the greatest impact last season. I'm curious to see the direction of our defense under Staley and how the new starters look (and who they are). I expect a better season from Ramsey, and better and more consistent play against the run if nothing else.

On offense I loved the Jefferson pick at 57. He should be an immediate contributor as should Akers, who I was good with at 52.

To my thinking the oline is the biggest mystery of all the position groups. They may pick up where they left off at the end of last season and keep improving, or may begin slowly. Who starts where?

Still, given how disjointed and out of sync the entire O looked last season I feel cautiously optimistic that next season will bring a fresh approach, some fresh faces and at least slight improvement and more consistency overall.

Slight improvement and more consistent play seems very reasonable given the changes of this offseason. It may take some time for the new D and O to get on the same page and our division is going to be a challenge. That said, 10 wins seems very attainable.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
If you predict the playoffs, please give a written outcome of the Rams.

I think the Rams can compete with or overtake the Niners for the West, go to the playoffs and then compete with anyone else in the NFC. There are no perfect squads in our conference. (It says a lot to me that SF didn't really trust Garoppolo to throw the ball in a big playoff game.) Meanwhile the Rams continue to have a talented roster with the potential to have an excellent season. Here's why:

1. The Rams could have easily split with Seattle and SF last year, won 11 games and taken the west. They were done in by factors including inconsistent execution all around (the o-line, the D in crucial games, GZ, Gurley, Goff, etc); injuries (o-line, Cooks, Gurley, Johnson); an inexperienced o-line; and failure of the coaching staff to adapt quickly enough to changed circumstances (McVay, Wade, maybe Kromer and others). Maybe this was a "Super Bowl hangover," or maybe McVay, Goff and the rest of the team just spent too much time having too much fun with their girlfriends in the offseason. In any event...

2. I expect the Rams to be really motivated this year, starting at the top with better game plans on both sides of the ball and a tremendous emphasis on correct, precise execution. Both the coaching staff and the roster have been thoroughly shaken up, but I think we will see that McVay in every case has specific goals and improvements in mind. The overall talent level is still high with Donald, Ramsay, Goff, Kupp, and Woods as standouts among a lot of really capable players. There is enough talent on the o-line and at inside linebacker to make it work.

3. This year's D can be better than last year's by stopping the run and by playing consistently good positional football. The D line and secondary could both be really good. I think the edge rush will be fine and Staley will scheme out MLB by down and committee. You can argue about players lost and gained, but I like Robinson a lot as a BIG nose tackle addition in the middle, Floyd as a really solid player, and Lewis on the edge. Yeah we lost Fowler and Littleton, and they were good what they did, but neither was a really a physical run stopping force.

4. The offense can be better too, considering that the oline and running game fell apart last year, with collateral damage to the passing attack. The key is having competent enough o-line play to bring back the running game with Akers. Akers is not the same kind of runner as Gurley but I think he could be outstanding with effective zone blocking. I expect the passing game to be productive with higher efficiency, fewer INTs fumbles and sacks. There are plenty of guys to catch the ball, including Jefferson and Hopkins, and they will. Use of both 11 and 12 schemes with depth at TE will help keep D's off balance. If the run can set up play action, watch out, the Rams will be a top scoring team again.

Of course, I am a fan and prefer being optimistic to wailing and gnashing of teeth. But I think the entire staff and team will have something to prove this year and have the ability to do it.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This offseason, we lost:

Brandin Cooks, Todd Gurley, Cory Littleton, Dante Fowler, Clay Matthews, and Greg Zeurlein.

We picked up:

A’shawn Robinson, Leonard Floyd, and some promising rookies.

Oh, and we’re on the hook for 33.5M in dead $ for just 2 players (Cooks and Gurley).

Jeeves! Fetch me my Homer glasses!

Sorry to say but without those all-forgiving Homer Glasses, I don’t see a SB caliber team. I’ll predict a 9-7 season and eking out a playoff spot.

But in 2021, when we can spend $ again and are in a better cap situationI’ll predict a 13-3 season and a Championship!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I voted 11.
I feel bad though I should have been honest. 13-3.
SB Champs.
Akers is OROY

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went 10 wins and nobody want to see us in the playoffs.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
You guys can just "remove your homerism"? That doesn't sound like a real thing. I'm cautious, so I went a little short (10 wins), but that's not the same thing. I'd predict 10 wins in the "Triple Prescription Strength Homerism Glasses Predict the Wins" these. Unless I went with 16 just to be that guy. But still, removing your homerism sounds fake and possibly unethical. You should get that looked at.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna say 9 for now but I think that jumps up to 11 if the niners have a Superbowl hangover.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
You guys can just "remove your homerism"? That doesn't sound like a real thing. I'm cautious, so I went a little short (10 wins), but that's not the same thing. I'd predict 10 wins in the "Triple Prescription Strength Homerism Glasses Predict the Wins" these. Unless I went with 16 just to be that guy. But still, removing your homerism sounds fake and possibly unethical. You should get that looked at.
Do not be concerned if you misplace your Homer Glasses, because this condition is entirely treatable.

The brand name medication is called “Kool Aid.“

Lots and lots of it.

For example, even without Homer Glasses, you might hear a Camp Report in July like, “Kenny Young is laying the wood and he might be the answer at ILB.” At this point, your BKAC (Blood Kool Aid Concentration) levels could spike to .14 percent. Then all you can think is, “Championship, Baby!!!” and you’re all set.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I already explained in another thread. I see 16-0 as achievable and 14-2 as realistic. Realistically I can see a split with the Hawks and Niners. 13-3 is probable as it allows for one slip up game. Regardless I really think this team is better than in 2018.

The Ram secondary is the best I've seen in a long time. They have good depth there at CB and safety. The d-line with Floyd, Donald, Robinson, and Lewis is outstanding. They won't need to blitz and can get good pressure with just 4. IMO Robinson is a young Suh in that he can dominate the same way because of who he is going to be playing with. The LBs have more speed across the board than they had in 2018. Yes, they are young but not totally inexperienced.

The offense is improved because the o-line won't be the 2019 train wreck. They now have 2 very good RB's instead of a single bell cow. I think Jefferson adds a dimension they didn't have even with Cooks. We are looking at a hybrid of the speed of Woods and the route running of Kupp. Both Higbee and Everett have blossomed into real weapons.

This is a much better team than 2018's version and they are playing a softer schedule reminiscent of 2018. Injuries are the only thing that can derail this team. If they stay healthy this is a championship caliber roster.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I honestly see 11 wins. Hell, maybe 12, despite playing in he NFC West.

Why? Here’s my short answer.

Better OL if only because of experience gained.

Addition of O’Connell as an OC.

Healthy Akers>injured Gurley.

Healthy Jefferson>injured Cooks.

Better DL than last year.

Better secondary than last year.

Better run D from front 7 than last year.

Staley should produce a more versatile and unpredictable D than Wade did last year.

One of our 3 PK candidates should be more accurate between the 40-49 yard lines than the ‘19 GZ.

Bonamego should be able to turn in better than last years Fassel bottom third ST results.

All of the above should be worth 2-3 more wins, don’t you think?