Remove your Homerism & predict the # of wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many wins and where do they end up

• A) 7 wins or less

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • B) 8 wins

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • C) 9 wins

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • D) 10 Wins (playoff? )

Votes: 46 45.1%
  • E) 11 wins (Explain if they make playoffs and how far they go)

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • F) 12 wins or more (explain in threat)

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If you predict the playoffs, please give a written outcome of the Rams.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I said 10 wins, and we find a way into the dance either as the 2nd best div team in the west of as 3rd best wild card team.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This team is going to be a huge surprise this year. I think we get back to our roots of solid Oline play plus a defense that’s much more disciplined. McVay was not happy with the way the season ended and you can tell he absolutely hate not making the playoffs. I think we can make the Super Bowl no cap.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My mind has way too many questions going on with this team so gonna vote with my heart here and say 10 wins plus a playoff berth. Which is about as positive as I can get.

Rationale here is that McVay is worth about 3 wins and this roster is a 7 win range group until they show the OL is good.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I chose 10 wins. I think we split games with all three division rivals. Seahawks are always tough, 49ers will good and the Cardinals got better on paper. The other losses are Cowboys who were already good but also got better on paper. The Bills are turning into a pretty good team and have one heck of a defense. The Buccaneers I can see go either way so it could be 10 or 11 wins. Another team that looks good on paper.

Forgot to mention we get back into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
W Arizona Cardinals; 5-10
L Arizona Cardinals; 5-10
W Seattle Seahawks; 11-5
L Seattle Seahawks; 11-5
W San Francisco 49ers; 13-3
L San Francisco 49ers; 13-3
L Dallas Cowboys; 8-8
W New York Giants; 4-12
W Philadelphia Eagles; 9-7
W Washington Redskins; 3-13
L Buffalo Bills; 10-6
W Miami Dolphins; 5-11
W New England Patriots; 12-4
W New York Jets ; 7-9
W Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 7-9
W Chicago Bears; 8-8

Something like that. 11-5.

SB Champs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
W Seattle Seahawks; 11-5
W Seattle Seahawks; 11-5
W Dallas Cowboys; 8-8
W New York Giants; 4-12
W Philadelphia Eagles; 9-7
W Washington Redskins; 3-13
W Buffalo Bills; 10-6
W Miami Dolphins; 5-11
W New England Patriots; 12-4
W New York Jets ; 7-9
W Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 7-9
W Chicago Bears; 8-8

Or... Something like that. 16-0.

SB Champs.

TexasRam

Legend
Relatively easy schedule. Injuries to our own team and around the league can swing 3-4 games.

Right now I would bet 10 wins. First round loss.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
11 wins because we are due some injury luck and our OL is going to stay intact. That puts us in the playoffs and opens the door for some magic. This team has enough talent to go all the way with a little lady luck.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
12 Wins! Both the Offensive Line and the LB crew (The Rams Defense WILL be Very Good!) will be better than most think and even though Akers is not in Todd Gurley’s league (Yet!) I think a healthy Akers is going to be more effective than than the hurting Gurley (I am NOT knocking Todd Gurley(!), He gutted it out and gave it everything he had but his health issues were definitely a problem!)! Rams will be competing with the DREADED 49’s for the Division Title!!!

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Realistically, between 8-12 is the range. 10 is the good guess. But as we’ve seen, predicting NFL records annually is almost foolish with the amount of variation each year.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Unless the OL has a miraculous change, maybe 7-8 wins. This division is just brutal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everything hinges on the Oline for me. There was only the first game vs the Niners last year, that I didn't feel we were really in it. Gurley either wasn't himself or he wasn't allowed to be himself. There is no such limitation with Cam Akers. I don't think Cooks was that good for us last year, and I am excited about having another route runner in Van Jefferson. I think the offense will be better than last year.
I think our Dline will be better. All together, I think we win two more games, 11-5, NFC West Champs, NFC Champ entrant.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
10-12 wins depending on how fast the OL and the defense gel. Playoffs? Did you say playoffs? Playoffs? Sure we're gonna make the playoffs. Why? Because McVay's offense is probably going to have some new tweaks that defenses have yet to see, so that "they have McVay figured out" mantra is going by the wayside. I am really anticipating more two tight end sets and a 3 headed monster at RB. On defense I am anticipating more speed, more pressure and more picks.

EDIT: Missed the part about predicting how far they go. To quote the Chairman of the Board....All the Way....lyrics changed to fit the subject. "When you make the playoffs, it's no good unless you payoff....all the way"

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I went with 10, but I'm going to offer the optimistic take that 10 could be on the low side. Hear me out.

For much of the first 2.5 seasons of the McVay era, we ran the same offense with mostly the same players (swapped out Watkins for Cooks, but other than that, pretty similar). Same with the defense.

On offense, teams started to sit on our routes last year, and seemed to have a much better idea of what was coming than they did in the previous two seasons. That was true even with the return of Kupp and the monster season he had. However, the 2020 offense is going to look much, much different than the offense of 2017-2019. Instead of Gurley, teams will face a committee that includes Henderson, Akers, and Brown. They will probably face a significantly great amount of 12 personnel than in previous seasons. I'm thinking in general there will be a greater variety of personnel groupings, and further, that McVay is going to do a lot of things different than he has in the previous seasons. That will restore the element of surprise that seemed to be lacking for most of the 2019 season. Because of both changes to personnel and to the scheme, McVay will re-seize the initiative in his battles with opposing DC's, and that alone should make our offense effective.

On D, there are a few more questions marks, since none of us has seen Staley as a DC yet. But I do like his approach to not be so wedded to a particular scheme, and take the more adaptive approach to defense based on the particular opponent. That will also give our defense an element of surprise they were lacking last year. I think the acquisitions we made in the offseason will help us with run defense, and hopefully we can avoid getting steamrolled like we did in a few games last year. And we still have Donald on the front end with Jalen Ramsey on the back end. In just about any defensive scheme, the presence of those two together on the same D is going to cause problems for an offense, especially on 3rd and long.

So yeah, I'll go with 10 wins predicted for now, with the caveat that I won't be at all surprised if it's higher. We have the best coach in the division, and he's coming into 2020 highly motivated with new toys to play with. Look out, NFCW.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There are 10 potential losses on that schedule. So I voted 8. I figured things may improve enough by seasons end to eke out two surprises.

With an Oline in progress (I hope). Two rookie running backs. And a new defensive scheme that may not have all of the pieces in place yet. The first half of the season could be rough.

Last edited: