PREGAME Recipe for Green Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Heck, I'm still not convinced Michel shouldn't be the lead back for that reason, and to give this offense some physicality back.

I’d like to see Michel as our feature back. Henderson as change up, and that might mean lead back for entire drives.

But feature Michel… as potentially the better tone setter.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And they have a top 3 defense right now.

And… Green Bay took care of Seattle pretty easily, who runs a version of our offense.

This game (for the Rams) screams “try to surprise them” with stuff.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A practice week in Bridgeport. Get climate acclimated, I heard Green Bay weather is going to get pretty hairy out there come game day. We need to prepare is all we need to do.

I was looking ahead to the weather… doesn’t look snowy at this point, not brutally cold either. But highs upper 30’s (3c) appear in the general forecast around game day.

Stafford is experienced with cold weather games playing in the NFC central for the Lions. Lots of experience in Green Bay, Chicago, etc.

But, yeah… this will feel cold to the Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was looking ahead to the weather… doesn’t look snowy at this point, not brutally cold either. But highs upper 30’s (3c) appear in the general forecast around game day.

Stafford is experienced with cold weather games playing in the NFC central for the Lions. Lots of experience in Green Bay, Chicago, etc.

But, yeah… this will feel cold to the Rams.

For who though when talk about The Rams.They have guys from out of state who grew up playing in the Snow. Take your pick ? The DB’s ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was impressed with Jerry Gray beating Arizona with Joe Barry out with Covid. Remembering him as an excellent Ram who they traded away.

Joe Barry for one knows Sean Mcvay’s offense as good as any DC in The NFL. They just shutout the Hags.I think there coaching staff is getting over looked.A lot of Ram Fans don’t like Raheem Morris,I for one like him.Joe Barry is missed because of his fire he brings to practice & the sidelines.

Read a little about the enemy.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This is an easy one:
Stop the run. GB has looked very good when they can run the ball.

Aside from GB specifically, the Rams have to avoid a bad start. Not coming out sharp has cost them dearly the last 2 games, and they were fortunate their opponents have not taken more advantage of this situation/problem more often. How many games HAVE the Rams got off to a hot start? Whether it’s the defense getting pushed around or the offense turning it over/missing easy plays, the Rams just have not been coming out sharp.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I see this game being similar to the playoff loss. We won't be able to stop Rogers from making plays and scoring points. Underneath stuff will be there all day and Rogers will also make a few bigger plays.

McVay will abandon the run in order to try and keep pace. It shouldn't be a blow out. We'll probably stay within a couple scores but the one dimensional offense won't be able to make enough plays. GB's defense will be able to pin its ears back and get after Stafford when the play calling gets predictable.

I see GB scoring in the upper 20's to low 30's while our offense scores in the upper teens to low 20's. We might get a garbage time score to make it look closer. Giving betters some excitement that the Rams might cover the spread.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They've got a fine defense, giving up only 18 ppg which is good for 3rd in scoring. If McVay thinks he's going to be able to ignore the run game vs them we're gonna see more of this shit after the bye. I realize McVay is very good out the bye. But he's also very good after a loss and still his team was flat and got punched in the face again last night. This game has LOSS written all over it if his ego continues to drive his decision making.

This next two weeks in practice they need to focus on the RUN game and stopping the RUN. They need to find their practice pads, dust them off, and actually use them to practice some physicality. Fuck practice efficiency and walkthroughs. Run some tackling drills and stack/shed practice. Get ready to blow these clowns off the ball on both sides. Treat this like a playoff game.

MICHEL needs to start this game. He needs to get 20+ carries so he can get into a rhythm. He is a physical element our offense sorely needs and I don't want to see Hendy's ass out there until the second quarter to ensure that Michel gets into a groove bumpin and thumpin around in there grounding this offense. The threat of that power on the ground will change the dynamic of what the defense presents.

Defensively if you give Rodgers a run game you're effed. They run our offense and their backfield is loaded with speed and power. Stuff the run first priority. Second priority is taking away early reads because he's gonna have a real hard time if AD and company can get home which they will whenever a QB isn't completing 5-10 yard passes in 1.5 seconds. Get this game played to our strengths and it gives us our best chance against them.

This defense has failed to play to our strengths all season long, allowing teams to drive up and down the field no matter who it is. I get playing it safe especially against a savvy dude like Rodgers but we're gonna have to take some calculated risks in this one. They've already effed away hope of being a top seed. Now they can quit planning parades and get down to business i.e. doing some damn work. And yeah I know this is almost a rant. But seriously man they gotta wake up and embrace some basics or this is gonna get ugly because there's some tough games on this sched starting with the Packers. This team is better than both the teams who have kicked our asses the past two weeks.

Coming out of the bye, this game will answer a lot of questions.

If they get worked over, my expectations will be properly adjusted greatly downward.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Aaron Jones will be out. Their D can be had. I hope MS can bring his experience in playing up there with him as an advantage.

Hopefully hopefully hopefully w/ the week off they can figure out a gameplan to incorporate the new toys and everyone coming back rested, and not scramble to revise it after a season ending injury to a key starter.
Yes but they have a big ass power back in AJ Dillon and you best believe they will try to physically beat us up in the run game unless we can prove we can stop it. The defense needs to bring their hard hats and lay some fucking wood or it'll be a long ass day.

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
On offense: Just get the 5 yards

On defense: Just don't give up the free 5 yards
The unexpected thing about being patient and getting the five yards is that you end up getting big plays downfield too.

Make the defense first do stuff they don't expect or want to do. Such as stop the run instead of going downhill after Stafford.

Make the GB defense lose patience, not your own offense. Keep Rodgers off the field.

Go for big plays when you have set up the D and are not deep in your own end of the field.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Best recipe,
GentleVariableApe-max-1mb.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The unexpected thing about being patient and getting the five yards is that you end up getting big plays downfield too.

Make the defense first do stuff they don't expect or want to do. Such as stop the run instead of going downhill after Stafford.

Make the GB defense lose patience, not your own offense. Keep Rodgers off the field.

Go for big plays when you have set up the D and are not deep in your own end of the field.
Exactly. It's maddening watching some of the play selection on 2nd & 10 and 3rd and 5. Especially if down by only one score.

JYB

Starter
The Rams are built to pass and stop the pass. Anytime they run up against a team with a big, strong offensive line, a good running game and a strong defense, they will have trouble.

Fortunately, there are only a few such teams that are really, really good. When the Rams get to the playoffs, they’re going to meet a lot of passing teams. They match up better against teams like the Bucs, the Cowboys and even the Cards. But the Packers are the team that will give them the most trouble.

The Pack can’t get as much pressure on the QB, but they can still run the ball well and they have X factor in Rodgers. IMO, the Pack Will be their toughest challenge in the playoffs, and that’s why this week is so crucial – they *have* to have home-field advantage. They can’t go up to Green Bay in January and expect to beat the Packers.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Rams are built to pass and stop the pass. Anytime they run up against a team with a big, strong offensive line, a good running game and a strong defense, they will have trouble.

Fortunately, there are only a few such teams that are really, really good. When the Rams get to the playoffs, they’re going to meet a lot of passing teams. They match up better against teams like the Bucs, the Cowboys and even the Cards. But the Packers are the team that will give them the most trouble.

The Pack can’t get as much pressure on the QB, but they can still run the ball well and they have X factor in Rodgers. IMO, the Pack Will be their toughest challenge in the playoffs, and that’s why this week is so crucial – they *have* to have home-field advantage. They can’t go up to Green Bay in January and expect to beat the Packers.
At this point, you can put the 49ers in there too. The Rams cannot beat them. Rams defense by design gives the short stuff. 49ers offense by designs takes the short stuff. Two 5 yard passes is a first down and the chains keep on moving. 49ers won't get impatient because its their identity to play that way. Probably by necessity because the coach doesn't trust the QB to throw further down the field. Not to mention they can run on us too. I hope we have a playoff spot locked up before that last regular season game.

JYB

Starter
At this point, you can put the 49ers in there too. The Rams cannot beat them. Rams defense by design gives the short stuff. 49ers offense by designs takes the short stuff. Two 5 yard passes is a first down and the chains keep on moving. 49ers won't get impatient because its their identity to play that way. Probably by necessity because the coach doesn't trust the QB to throw further down the field. Not to mention they can run on us too. I hope we have a playoff spot locked up before that last regular season game.
That’s true, but the 49ers most likely aren’t making the playoffs and I was looking ahead to the contenders.

And you’re right, a good defensive coordinator would take away what an offense likes to do and force them to do things they’re not good at. Wish we had such a defensive coordinator.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It's funny but not funny. Vikings leading looking like they have a chance to win. Technically that's awesome and we need that love for the Cowboys and Turdnals to lose but Green Bay loses this game while the outcome is most helpful the rams will be running straight into a buzzsaw as the Packers will be ready angry home and gee all they need is a blizzard and we could be in trouble. I actually think even though the Packers are hobbled they were already looking passed this game to is next week.

And watching Viking play for an entire game I know a lot can change but I look at their offense and it petrified me thinking of our defense having to account for cook and their passing game. Unless of course Morris shapes up!!!!