LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

My name is Peter. I was born in Germany, emigrated to San Diego, CA around 1960, lived in San Jose, CA(49er country) for over thirty years and now live in Cumberland, MD. A few years back I founded RealRamsFans.com as CumberlandRam. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I've avoided joining a Rams' message board since then. But after lurking here for some time and noticing the wealth of information and lack of trolling, I've decided to give it another shot. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the board brother

PhxRam

My name is Peter. I was born in Germany, emigrated to San Diego, CA around 1960, lived in San Jose, CA(49er country) for over thirty years and now live in Cumberland, MD. A few years back I founded RealRamsFans.com as CumberlandRam. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I've avoided joining a Rams' message board since then. But after lurking here for some time and noticing the wealth of information and lack of trolling, I've decided to give it another shot. Thanks for having me.

Care to share your story regarding realramsfans?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sure. I was originally a member of Ramstalk for a short while. Don't know what it's like now but at the time it was a complete troll-fest. I decided to start my own board, thinking that it would fizzle and that would be the end of it. Found a free site that I could run the board from and invited some members from Ramstalk to join. Hundreds signed up in a short time.

Realizing I was in over my head, due to my lack of experience and lousy computer skills, I asked two guys from St. Louis to share the admin duties. They suggested that we move to a better site that could acommodate more members, and within the first month we did just that.

The main mistake I made was to encourage a mix of Rams/religion/ politics discussions. Not a good idea on a sports site. Over time the friction increased between myself and the other admins. I decided to give up my admin duties and just stay on as a regular member. One morning I attempted to login but my password had been changed. That was the end of that.

The good news is that I gained some friends from that site, learned mostly what not to do, and was able to see two games at the Ed(Skins and Chiefs) and meet with some of the great people from that site. Live and learn.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hey, I'm Dave, or Boffo, but hopefully not Buffo. Some of you have known me from other boards. I'm just looking for a place to talk about my favorite team without it becoming a troll festival, but still allowing people to express themselves as long as they're discussing the Rams in good faith. Hopefully, this is it.

Beyond the Rams, my other interests include WWE, computer, video games and bad puns.

I look forward to getting to know all of you strangers to me, or reacquainting myself with you if I know you from elsewhere.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sure. I was originally a member of Ramstalk for a short while. Don't know what it's like now but at the time it was a complete troll-fest. I decided to start my own board, thinking that it would fizzle and that would be the end of it. Found a free site that I could run the board from and invited some members from Ramstalk to join. Hundreds signed up in a short time.

Realizing I was in over my head, due to my lack of experience and lousy computer skills, I asked two guys from St. Louis to share the admin duties. They suggested that we move to a better site that could acommodate more members, and within the first month we did just that.

The main mistake I made was to encourage a mix of Rams/religion/ politics discussions. Not a good idea on a sports site. Over time the friction increased between myself and the other admins. I decided to give up my admin duties and just stay on as a regular member. One morning I attempted to login but my password had been changed. That was the end of that.

The good news is that I gained some friends from that site, learned mostly what not to do, and was able to see two games at the Ed(Skins and Chiefs) and meet with some of the great people from that site. Live and learn.
Shoot. My brother from another mother. That's why I built this site in 2010 as well (RamStalk). I learned elsewhere that mixing football with anything other than social discussion was a recipe for animosity though, so I skipped that part. It all became a bit much for me as well. It wasn't long ago that I stopped enjoying talking about the Rams, because I was too involved in keeping the board "clean", so I decided to sell to @PhxRam and stay on as a regular member. I don't think he's going to change my password though, because I have roid rage and his home address. So I think I'm safer than he is. lol. It's good to have you aboard here. I've heard some good things about you.

Whatever you heard about me, don't believe it.

Unless it's complimentary. :rolleyes:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey, I'm Dave, or Boffo, but hopefully not Buffo. Some of you have known me from other boards. I'm just looking for a place to talk about my favorite team without it becoming a troll festival, but still allowing people to express themselves as long as they're discussing the Rams in good faith. Hopefully, this is it.

Beyond the Rams, my other interests include WWE, computer, video games and bad puns.

I look forward to getting to know all of you strangers to me, or reacquainting myself with you if I know you from elsewhere.
IcHhlem.jpg

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I don't think he's going to change my password though, because I have roid rage and his home address.

Perhaps you need a new avatar then...

warrior01.jpg

And I think I'm just going to acknowledge your reply to me as funny, and leave it alone other than that. ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Whoa! Cumby?!

I fell in love with Rams forums because of that small circle, you and others, that started RRF. I was there for 7yrs but the founding fathers here lured me over with commitment to their mission statement... and this place is thriving with those that value it.

Long story short; great to have you contribute here!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Ahhh. The Ultimate Warrior. He used to be my favorite wrestler when I used to watch wrestling.
He's going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.... should be a very interesting induction speech.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Holy cow! Boffo!

Sweet! This place just got a whole lot better!

Welcome!

Alan

Legend
I'm not a member here (posting on my Dad's account until he feels better).
A few years ago me and my dad used to lurk at RRF. I can remember a poster named CumberlandRam. We both liked you and the site.
At first.
It's the site we soured on and not you.:LOL:
This site can always use another great poster so it's good to have you here.
I'm sure my Dad will welcome you in his usual way when he starts posting again.
In the meantime, on behalf of my Dad, welcome to the ROD Peter.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah, Cumby was one of the nicknames I got stuck with. :)Prime Time is one of my favorite songs by The Tubes, so it'll do for a screen name.

For anyone who's never run a site like this I can tell you that it's an unbelievable amount of work and at times can be aggravating and draining. I'm relieved to just be a member. ;)

PhxRam

Realizing I was in over my head, due to my lack of experience and lousy computer skills, I asked two guys from St. Louis to share the admin duties. Over time the friction increased between myself and the other admins. I decided to give up my admin duties and just stay on as a regular member. One morning I attempted to login but my password had been changed. That was the end of that.

Who owned the domain name? when you got locked out why didnt you forward the domain somewhere else?

I would have taken the whole board down with me.

That really paints a horrible picture of those guys.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Welcome Prime my brother,the former Harter5 here,it's truly great to see you posting again ,are you still doing the prison chaplain thing?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
One of the other admins owned the domain name. He paid for it which was fine with me at the time. Looking back on it now I was naive. Don't want to be negative about anyone over there and certainly didn't mean to stir up any crap. To tell you the truth I was relieved to be gone from there, it was just a bit unsettling as to how it all went down. Heard from others after the fact that I had purposely screwed up the board which is why I was evicted. Nonsense! I wouldn't have had the knowledge to do something like that back in the day.

Hey Harter! Yes, I remember you. Thanks for asking about the prison ministry. Yeah, I've been doing that since 2000 and it's still going strong. A lot of NFL fans in the prison. In fact I did a Super Bowl service for them on that Sunday and made sure they got out early so we could all watch the game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good deal. Welcome guys. And looks like Phx will have someone to commiserate with.

PhxRam

One of the other admins owned the domain name. He paid for it which was fine with me at the time. Looking back on it now I was naive. Don't want to be negative about anyone over there and certainly didn't mean to stir up any crap. To tell you the truth I was relieved to be gone from there, it was just a bit unsettling as to how it all went down. Heard from others after the fact that I had purposely screwed up the board which is why I was evicted. Nonsense! I wouldn't have had the knowledge to do something like that back in the day.

Hey Harter! Yes, I remember you. Thanks for asking about the prison ministry. Yeah, I've been doing that since 2000 and it's still going strong. A lot of NFL fans in the prison. In fact I did a Super Bowl service for them on that Sunday and made sure they got out early so we could all watch the game.

We are happy to have you aboard.

The fact this board rekindled you fire, speaks volumes about the posters here.