RB Malcom Brown returns ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This move should take care of 3 or 4 carries per game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This move should take care of 3 or 4 carries per game.

For now it is practice squad. But that could be a conditioning/test-drive move. He was a FA. He knew there was opportunity here.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Was there anyone here who didn’t think resigning Sony Michel wasn’t a good idea?

I think most if not all felt like the Rams should have brought him back knowing the RB injury history on this team.

I guess they didn’t want to take up another roster spot, but for a Super Bowl roster I think it’s a good idea to keep some veteran talent stashed in case of emergency.
I honestly think they would have if they could have made the dollars work for Michel. There wasn’t a lot of fat in the salary cap bucket

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Was there anyone here who didn’t think resigning Sony Michel wasn’t a good idea?

I think most if not all felt like the Rams should have brought him back knowing the RB injury history on this team.

I guess they didn’t want to take up another roster spot, but for a Super Bowl roster I think it’s a good idea to keep some veteran talent stashed in case of emergency.
Yeah, good question.

Michel didn’t EVER seem to be a McVay guy. I wonder what it was?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Would have preferred Michel, but Brown seems like a great addition. Glad they're getting the band back together.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Thomas went from looking like he may get some live snaps to waived /No Recall,
a strange couple of weeks.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Not only is THAT good move, but I think the fine print suggested two players were waived to bring back Blanton!

Now THAT would be cool too. I would have dropped Hopkins for Blanton originally.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I like this move. Malcom knows the offense and gives us some insurance at RB.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Man.. two of my favorites get brought back the same day... I'm buying a lottery ticket today

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Malcolm Brown was great for us in the past but I am curious if he still has any juice left. Perhaps we will find out soon enough

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Malcolm Brown was great for us in the past but I am curious if he still has any juice left. Perhaps we will find out soon enough
Malcolm Brown has a combined (6-year-old NFL career)330 rushing carries. I think he has a lot of rubber left on those tires.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Malcolm Brown has a combined (6-year-old NFL career)330 rushing carries. I think he has a lot of rubber left on those tires.
I love MalcB, but his injury to carry ratio is stinky thus far in his career.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I seem to recall most were against the idea of re-signing Michel because the thought was that he would cost too much $$ (early estimates were in the 3-5 mill per range)
The prevailing thought IIRC was that RB's could be picked up late in the draft
Of course I didnt agree with that and had to suck it up when they drafted Kyren
Now had the Rams known he was going to be available for just about league minimum? I think he would have been re-signed

As for Brown? I'd be surprised if he gets off the PS but we'll see

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Glad to see Brown back.
He should get up to speed with the play book quickly.

oldnotdead

Legend
I for one thought it was shortsighted to not bring back Michel. At this point, he would have been a better option than Akers. Mentally and physically Akers isn't the same RB after his injury. IMO both Akers and Lewis are underperforming this year. Akers isn't seeing the field as she needs to and is missing the holes blocking assignments.

Brown gives them a better short-yardage RB and his play was consistent. With Henderson at RB#1 gives them a reliable #2B RB until Williams can return. Brown isn't a breakaway threat, but he will get you tough yardage. Good signing at this point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem isn't really them moving on from Michel though. It's refusing to see that keeping that element in the backfield is a good idea. They didn't even try to replace him.