RB Malcom Brown returns ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think Rams fans in general don't realize/remember that Akers has only had two, 100 Yard Rushing games in his NFL career. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, just think a lot of fans, mis-remember him as a great RB. He has Flashed and showed glimpses, but hasn't been any kind of consistent in his rams career.
Yes! He has had 2 100+ and 2 90+ yard games with the rest being average to below average. The way he ended his rookie season gave us hope but maybe we had too high of expectations.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
My memory of Brown is he could block and he ran hard and would grind out a few extra when he could. That's about it, but blocking ability is huge.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

If my response is an overreaction, please tell me why the Rams brought in Malcolm Brown, when Akers (our supposed feature back) is in full health. The Rams are bringing in competition and reinforcement at a demonstrably under-performing position.

Akers' play has forced the Rams to do so.

You may also wish to tell me what Akers has done this year or in any prior year to justify being considered irreplaceable.

Can you tell me what Akers does well enough to be considered an NFL starter, or as an impact player?

Though our running game has been dreadful and our Oline has not generated push, why has Henderson been visibly more effective behind the same line.

I don't believe I'm overreacting at all, just stating facts.

By your using your own logic in your response to my original post, the Rams are overreacting by bringing in Malcolm Brown.

I think not, they're merely addressing a problem area of the team, with the intent being to make the team less one-dimensional for the purpose of hopefully returning to the Super Bowl.
He was brought in to replace Kyren Williams, not Cam Akers, as someone had to take Kyren’s spot in the RB room. What did you think they would do with Kyren getting injured. Plus knowing McVay’s history no one in there right mind would think he would cut Akers after just the first 3 games of the season and deplete the the RB position and team even more than it already is.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams have had an ongoing issue with RB's going back to the Gurley days. Tell me when did the Rams not have concerns at RB? It is an oozing open wound that has not got better.

Henderson is the Rams best RB currently but is just minutes away from a soft tissue injury that will haunt him for months. That's been the story of his NFL career thus far into 4 seasons. Henderson just arrived healthy the first week of the regular season. Same with Akers.

How many NFL teams would go with Cam Akers as their #1 RB? Very Few if any.

I certainly do not predict that Akers will be released from the Rams due to the ongoing issues we have in the RB room. I believe he will play out his 4 yr contract playing as a reserve for this team. I would not mind if Brown took over most of the snaps for a while.

Snead/McVay will not go far into the playoffs with Henderson/ Akers/ Funk as our 1-2-3. I am sure the Rams Org will address this RB room-heavy in the draft next year. We have a bunch of Reserve skilled RB nothing more.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Rams fans in general don't realize/remember that Akers has only had two, 100 Yard Rushing games in his NFL career.
Maybe because He’s only started 5 regular season games in his very short career?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If my response is an overreaction, please tell me why the Rams brought in Malcolm Brown, when Akers (our supposed feature back) is in full health.
They brought in Brown to replace Ragas on the practice squad

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Maybe bringing in Brown lit a fire under someone? :thinking:

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe because He’s only started 5 regular season games in his very short career?
Exactly. Which is why I am always confused when people talk about him as if he was really great. Even when the Rams did that whole video where E.D. kind of handed the torch to Akers, I was like, Really?

Don't get me wrong. I want him and Hendo both to succeed in a big way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. Which is why I am always confused when people talk about him as if he was really great. Even when the Rams did that whole video where E.D. kind of handed the torch to Akers, I was like, Really?

Don't get me wrong. I want him and Hendo both to succeed in a big way.
Because he was fantastic in the 2021 playoffs, then missed an entire year. there was plenty of reason to be excited about his career pre-injury

jap

Legend
Because he was fantastic in the 2021 playoffs, then missed an entire year. there was plenty of reason to be excited about his career pre-injury
I don't concern myself too much with the thoughts of others where certain players are concerned. I have been around long enough to recognize that Terrell Davis-look to Cam's running style when he is running with confidence; that ability to pick up extra yards after the first solid hit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't concern myself too much with the thoughts of others where certain players are concerned. I have been around long enough to recognize that Terrell Davis-look to Cam's running style when he is running with confidence; that ability to pick up extra yards after the first solid hit.
He's got that "it" factor, sme guys have it and some dont. When he runs without hesitation, you see it. We saw it yesterday at times for sure