LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Man I’ve got to see Black Panther. Seems unanimous amongst people I know who’ve seen it that it is awesome.
I guess my only concern is that the last movie I saw hyped as much, Deadpool, I thought was terrible....

The hype for this one is different because of all the social justice that is being linked to. Which isn't even remotely true, because it's very much a Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie. Thor: Ragnarok didn't get this much hype and it was just a great a movie as this one.

There are so many people that aren't into comic book movies that are watching this one with no idea how it's a part of the MCU. Minor spoiler......there are portions where they reference back to Civil War and the people near me like "who is that...what is he talking about??" Hell, one line by Shuri (T'Challa's sister) completely flew over the audience's head, except for the nerds like me. And I'm just all, SMH, learn.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Daddy’s Home 2

Good for some laughs. A little corny. We enjoyed the laughs, though.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Man I’ve got to see Black Panther. Seems unanimous amongst people I know who’ve seen it that it is awesome.
I guess my only concern is that the last movie I saw hyped as much, Deadpool, I thought was terrible....

Was Deadpool not your style of humor or are you a film critic? Maybe you're a DC guy (because you have terrible taste)?

The movie was chock full of funny and it played to the character perfectly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was Deadpool not your style of humor or are you a film critic? Maybe you're a DC guy (because you have terrible taste)?

The movie was chock full of funny and it played to the character perfectly.
Just too much Van Wilder for me. I think Ryan Reynolds is funny and all but he’s a 1 trick pony. Felt like I was watching the Green Lantern wearing someone else’s costume

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am watching Godless. It is a miniseries on Netflix. Western theme, well done, authentic, Jeff Daniels is the villian. He is great in this role. Last episode to go but it's a 9/10 for me without even seeing the ending.

fearsomefour

Legend
The hype for this one is different because of all the social justice that is being linked to. Which isn't even remotely true, because it's very much a Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie. Thor: Ragnarok didn't get this much hype and it was just a great a movie as this one.

There are so many people that aren't into comic book movies that are watching this one with no idea how it's a part of the MCU. Minor spoiler......there are portions where they reference back to Civil War and the people near me like "who is that...what is he talking about??" Hell, one line by Shuri (T'Challa's sister) completely flew over the audience's head, except for the nerds like me. And I'm just all, SMH, learn.
Yeah.
A technically well done snooze fest. I actually fell asleep during it.

Angry Ram

Yeah.
A technically well done snooze fest. I actually fell asleep during it.

Pffft.

PJtQ9bm.gif

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Not a movie, but the most expensive foreign TV series ever made ... Babylon Berlin. If you are OK with subtitles, history & nudity, this show is set in 1929 Berlin, the timing is also right as some of the political issues might draw parallels to today. It's got it all, Stalinist & Trotsky Communists, extremist right wing nationalists all battling Democrats during the time of the Weimar Republic's most decadent period just prior to the worldwide economic crash. If you are into noir, you'll love this Netflix program just made for binging. I give it a 8.75-9. jmo.

From the story to the cinematography to the acting--one of the finest television series I've ever seen.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

1/10

I know, I know--it's gotten a lot of Oscar nominations, great reviews and yada, yada ,yada.

I hated it.

The film maker threw all kinds of stuff into this soup--anything he could find, really. You want sentimental characters with no way out of their own private hell? You want statements on racism, misogyny, prejudice? You want some light moments? You want a mystery? Redemption? It's all right here--sort of, kind of, some of it heavy handed and some of it that feels shoehorned into a sort of pointless film.

If I had one word to describe the film it would in fact be pointless.

The characters feel like they were created from a checklist: the angry mother, the dying character(don't want to spoil it), the drunk racist, the clown, and on and on. None of them--not one--ever felt real to me. the only emotion that comers through the film at all is anger. The film is all about anger. Everything sucks.

The film moves at a slow pace really going no where the whole time.

Maybe one character changes at all during the film and it doesn't seem to matter.

The film has music that seems classic--something to add weight and importance to this whole lot of nothing that is going on. There is no real sense of history to the characters either--how they got to be where they are emotionally and it's hard to invest in any of them.

The one big thing about the film--the mystery may be the most pointless thing of all.

I know--it's not really about that. But it's not really about anything. Letting go of anger? Eck. That would be a stretch and the film did not completely get there anyway.

The comedy--what little there is--was a huge failure to me. It all felt forced, predictable and unfunny. The little love joke between "the midget" and the main character didn't work because their characters did not really work. There was no empathy or feeling for the characters. I hated all of them.

I honestly felt like turning it off but I paid 5.99 for the rental so....

The mystery to me was why it got so many great reviews.

I realize it's all subjective and this is just my opinion.

I don't have much interest in any of the Best Picture nominees this year. But all the others HAVE to be better than this.

Angry Ram

The last Oscar nominated movies I really enjoyed were Gladiator, and then later when I got older the Lord of the Rings. Then I got excited for Hugo and it ended up being a snooze fest.

So yeah...these days if it's an Oscar winner = auto avoid.

fearsomefour

Legend
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

1/10

I know, I know--it's gotten a lot of Oscar nominations, great reviews and yada, yada ,yada.

I hated it.

The film maker threw all kinds of stuff into this soup--anything he could find, really. You want sentimental characters with no way out of their own private hell? You want statements on racism, misogyny, prejudice? You want some light moments? You want a mystery? Redemption? It's all right here--sort of, kind of, some of it heavy handed and some of it that feels shoehorned into a sort of pointless film.

If I had one word to describe the film it would in fact be pointless.

The characters feel like they were created from a checklist: the angry mother, the dying character(don't want to spoil it), the drunk racist, the clown, and on and on. None of them--not one--ever felt real to me. the only emotion that comers through the film at all is anger. The film is all about anger. Everything sucks.

The film moves at a slow pace really going no where the whole time.

Maybe one character changes at all during the film and it doesn't seem to matter.

The film has music that seems classic--something to add weight and importance to this whole lot of nothing that is going on. There is no real sense of history to the characters either--how they got to be where they are emotionally and it's hard to invest in any of them.

The one big thing about the film--the mystery may be the most pointless thing of all.

I know--it's not really about that. But it's not really about anything. Letting go of anger? Eck. That would be a stretch and the film did not completely get there anyway.

The comedy--what little there is--was a huge failure to me. It all felt forced, predictable and unfunny. The little love joke between "the midget" and the main character didn't work because their characters did not really work. There was no empathy or feeling for the characters. I hated all of them.

I honestly felt like turning it off but I paid 5.99 for the rental so....

The mystery to me was why it got so many great reviews.

I realize it's all subjective and this is just my opinion.

I don't have much interest in any of the Best Picture nominees this year. But all the others HAVE to be better than this.
I enjoyed the movie. I felt it was well made, good, not great.
Francis McDormitt (spelling?) was great I thought.
The move, to me, is about people in bad situations having choices, clearly good and bad options in front of them. They all default to their human nature and make the bad choice. The film maker was trying to get you feeling hopeful for the characters and they are flawed and make the wrong decisions. It's human nature, giving into hopelessness, fear, revenge etc.
I thought it was sort of interesting.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The move, to me, is about people in bad situations having choices, clearly good and bad options in front of them. They all default to their human nature and make the bad choice. The film maker was trying to get you feeling hopeful for the characters and they are flawed and make the wrong decisions. It's human nature, giving into hopelessness, fear, revenge etc.

I enjoyed the movie as well.

It made me want to buy 3 billboards. Haha

PA Ram

Pro Bowler

I actually usually love Frances Mcdormand but I just felt her character was too one dimensional here and never particularly changed. I could not get emotionally invested because I just never felt anything real about her. She was more of an emotion in a character role. She should have been a very sympathetic character but she was so hateful that I just didn't much care about her. The only true sympathetic character turned out to be Woody Harrelson but again--his circumstance never felt believable to me--it just sort of popped up and was presented in a way where there wasn't a lot of sympathy for him. The bottom line for me is I have to feel something more for the characters than just disgust. That's disengaging for me. The mystery guy suspect seemed over-the-top and ultimately was rather pointless--beyond giving Sam Rockwell a chance at some sort of redemption(which also seemed to come out of nowhere).

I'm glad you liked it. Believe me--I like movies I'm sure you'd hate. This is always about how the film plays in our own minds.

I like films sometimes and I don't even know why. "Mother!" was voted one of the worst films last year and for some reason I can't explain why I liked it. If someone asked me why I liked it even though it made me uncomfortable the whole time I could not begin to tell them. I don't know the answer.

In any case--"The Shape of Water" won the Oscar this year and I haven't seen that yet.

A fish love story?

I'm sure it's great.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Outsider with Jared Leto. 6/10
Too much standing around and staring by Leto, interspersed with moments of violence. I did like the imagery of Japan right after WWII though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am watching Godless. It is a miniseries on Netflix. Western theme, well done, authentic, Jeff Daniels is the villian. He is great in this role. Last episode to go but it's a 9/10 for me without even seeing the ending.
Started watching this based on your recommendation and boy am I glad I did. What an amazing show, incredible how much character development there is.
Thanks for the tip, 3 episodes to go

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Started watching this based on your recommendation and boy am I glad I did. What an amazing show, incredible how much character development there is.
Thanks for the tip, 3 episodes to go

I think they missed a good opportunity to make the ending better. You can message me when you finished and see if you agree.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Cotton Candy

A+

A 1978 made for TV movie by Ron Howard , and his brother ........finally got to watch it again , lets just say it's been a few years since the last time I watched this movie

Last edited: