Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I get trading him and the logic tho it wasn't what I would do. We got fucked dry on this trade. Snead got owned.

Did he tho?

I keep reading this. Over and over. I think ppl really are overvaluing 2023 version of Jalen Ramsey vs. the 2019 version.

2023 Jalen is a good corner. He's not the elite guy he was. Have ppl blocked out how many times he got cooked? Mike Evans, Ja'Marr Chase, Stefon Diggs, even a rookie like Chris Olave. And no you can't always blame the DC or the safety. Those WRs just ran right by him.

Check this shit out:

1678651281884.png

This is ROOKIE Sauce Gardner:

1678651324599.png

Marlon Humphrey:

1678651451349.png

Jairie Alexander

1678651528624.png

Look i love JR. I think he gave it his all to the team. BUT reality is you aren't gonna get much for a guy that's being surpassed by all these other guys and more.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Seriously, if winning 1 SB with this core means years of piss poor management and play, than I'm close to saying take it fuckin back. But not really.

This is an absolute embarrassment.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe, but let me know when they make a couple SB appearances and win one. Building thru the draft takes time and the days of getting five+ years to do that are gone.

He’s done really well in just two years(Holmes). Of course, I don’t believe for a minute that they can do it with Goff at QB.
Fair enough, but who says we make those SBs without the groundwork laid by Holmes? I'm on record for not necessarily understanding the unadulterated love for Snead for years now. I just don't see the brilliance in him that others do.

I have to give him his props though. The Rams got that elusive ring again, but my goodness how would his resume look af they hadn't, haha. I know, I know.... If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.... Or some such shit. :)

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we could have got the same thing had we waited for a year. He may be past his peak but he’s still a great DB and our cap savings are very small this year.
Groupthink is a funny thing. This collective agreement that he is a "great DB" for example. It is an outgrowth of his excellence of previous years. He used to be a great DB. But now he's a guy you have to be careful with in your matchups.

Guys who you have to be careful with in your matchups don't get the big money. But Ramsey is not only getting the big money but probably thinks he deserves more.

So still a good DB but overpaid. And we just dished him and got draft value. I was hoping for more, I admit that. But the key is getting out from under that contract so we can rebuild this roster because he wasn't going to make us a winner. Corners who are great DBs can make you a winner by virtue of erasing the opposing team's best weapon. Ramsey is not that guy any more. He's a guy who can erase maybe 75% of the weapons out there, but when shit goes wrong he's gonna blame others and sulk about it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can we at least give our new player the respect of his actual fucking name in the thread title?

Sheesh.
1 career catch for 8 yards. His name is Hunter Long, but I would have rather acquired the rights to Huey Long.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this sucks for me. I don't have the unshakeable confidence in Snead like I had when Brad Holmes was here. He did get OBJ and Von for the Super Bowl win, but his recent drafts leave little to be desired. Losing our only good CB for crap deal, makes me think we have written off this year already. Donald should have retired if that's what this is. I guess I shouldn't take this all so seriously.

Me today.....

vTlDGDb.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Did he tho?

I keep reading this. Over and over. I think ppl really are overvaluing 2023 version of Jalen Ramsey vs. the 2019 version.

2023 Jalen is a good corner. He's not the elite guy he was. Have ppl blocked out how many times he got cooked? Mike Evans, Ja'Marr Chase, Stefon Diggs, even a rookie like Chris Olave. And no you can't always blame the DC or the safety. Those WRs just ran right by him.

Check this shit out:

View attachment 59106

This is ROOKIE Sauce Gardner:

View attachment 59107

Marlon Humphrey:

View attachment 59109

Jairie Alexander

View attachment 59110

Look i love JR. I think he gave it his all to the team. BUT reality is you aren't gonna get much for a guy that's being surpassed by all these other guys and more.
How dare you bring levity to a vent.. errr... ummm... trade thread!!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Please no, ... if we are going to blow the team up, let's go all the way.
Basically agree. If we tanking/rebuilding, I want Caleb at the helm. We shall see what FA brings, which I think will give us a better indicator of what the FO intends.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Basically agree. If we tanking/rebuilding, I want Caleb at the helm. We shall see what FA brings, which I think will give us a better indicator of what the FO intends.
The guy that wrote Fuck Utah and got blown out?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is really funny is the overall completion percentage by our secondary. So terrible. No matter who we played it was pitch 'n catch.

Then the one guy who can fucking play back there (aside from Ramsey) it took them a long time to install because they wanted to work their way through the shitters they missed on prior. Durant is going to be great for us, kid led the team in INTs in limited looks which is ridiculous. I think he's a gem. Time to build around him.

They need to hit on at least one corner in this draft. Two is what we need, but if they can hit on one minimum and improve the safeties then we might have a defense that can make QBs hold the ball a beat longer.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Another bend over Rams fans but, really you’re going to like this.

No way they compete in 23 but you’ll still get the pleasure of paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to watch a shitty product. And, good news the 9 er fans will take over the stadium to make things that much more enjoyable.

I know the contract was ridiculous but fuck giving the players say in how you run the front office. You’re putting way to much of this shot out of your control and giving the competition an edge in fucking you in the trade market.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
We did something similar in 2019, as Jourdon pointed out on her podcast. I would've liked to get more for Ramsey but teams knew we were getting rid of his clean contract.

Tano

Legend
Groupthink is a funny thing. This collective agreement that he is a "great DB" for example. It is an outgrowth of his excellence of previous years. He used to be a great DB. But now he's a guy you have to be careful with in your matchups.

Guys who you have to be careful with in your matchups don't get the big money. But Ramsey is not only getting the big money but probably thinks he deserves more.

So still a good DB but overpaid. And we just dished him and got draft value. I was hoping for more, I admit that. But the key is getting out from under that contract so we can rebuild this roster because he wasn't going to make us a winner. Corners who are great DBs can make you a winner by virtue of erasing the opposing team's best weapon. Ramsey is not that guy any more. He's a guy who can erase maybe 75% of the weapons out there, but when shit goes wrong he's gonna blame others and sulk about it.
Did you see what Ramsey did to Metcalf when he played Man against him the majority of the game. Metcalf couldn't do a damn thing.

Ramsey is a man CB or 5 yards off at most CB - not the 7 yards and going backwards CB that Morris put him in