Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
More I think about it, the more I'm wondering if a Stafford/Donald retirement and a complete destruction of the 2023 cap might not be so bad after all. Would be in the drivers seat for Caleb Williams
I said it to a buddy, if you trade Ramsey, trade Donald too.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The one benefit to the Ramsey trade is now the Rams can restructure contracts pushing salaries into 2024 giving them cap space and maybe be able to keep someone like Gaines.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Stupid trade. Unreal. Next year down the drain. Hopefully this gets Morris fired next year because the defense will be awful
they still be playing 10 yards off the receivers - so, let's not further waste a good CB....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The door is now wide open for Durant and company to get Uber PT and step up. The draft will bring reinforcements as well. I’d bring in a vet Safety in FA.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. They are two distinct and separate problems.

You have Ramsey and what to do with his aging, grabbing, holding, ego-driven and overpaid ass. And you have the fact that we have drafted like shit with the corners prior under this regime.

But let's disagree. We usually do anyway so nothing to see here. :cheers2:
I'm in total vent mode and you are looking at things objectively, at least for today it will be hard for us to see eye to eye. Lol.
I love the Rams much more than I hate this trade, but I'll need the rest of today for convalescing :zany1:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like you as my doctor my friend :sunglasses:

Good, because his main practice is as a proctologist, so bend over.

Working Are You Ready GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I was in favor of the move for the draft capital...but, WTF is this?

A 3rd and a backup TE? For a top 3 Corner in the league?

I get trying to do right by your player but this feels like giving away the store to a certain degree. Left some stuff on the table with this I think...

Oh No Smh GIF by The Voice

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The one benefit to the Ramsey trade is now the Rams can restructure contracts pushing salaries into 2024 giving them cap space and maybe be able to keep someone like Gaines.
Gaines is the kind of guy they need to be careful tying up money with. Good player and productive but if they overpay him he will follow the likes of Woody, Cooks, Floyd in them looking at that contract later with regret.

As good as the Rams have been they really haven't done a great job in the planning who to pay side of things. They make a lot of mistakes and then sidestep some of the pitfalls due to having a top coach in place. This is one of those rare decisions they have made that will be wise IMO. So I'd be very careful with who I pay from this point forward if we're going with a draft/develop model.

We have a world class DL coach who maximizes what he's got. Let Gaines go get his payday somewhere else. Draft some kids for Henderson to coach up who will play balls out and show great hunger snap to snap. They're cheap and will help us have operating space for adding key pieces next year as hopefully this roster quickly turns the corner.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I know this is a rough time for Rams' fans but it's OK to be a little optimistic ... Look on the bright side.

Hunter Long has played 183 snaps in two seasons.
Albert Breer (above) posted that the 'Rams like their young CB Robert Rochell'

So, on the bright-side, Long and Rochell are REALLY well-rested.

Sarcasm aside, this really does suck.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm in total vent mode and you are looking at things objectively, at least for today it will be hard for us to see eye to eye. Lol.
I love the Rams much more than I hate this trade, but I'll need the rest of today for convalescing :zany1:
Yeah man. Sorry and I get it. I don't mean to be smug about this but I am relieved that we moved him. It's very un-Rams like to get ahead of his decline and my fear was they would restructure him out and we'd end up carrying a bigger bag down the road. Cheers.