CELEBRATE !! Rams win!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Maybe this was mentioned in the 2 million previous posts...
But -- when Mathew gets that demeanor and that look in his eyes - it is lights out time! :helmet:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man that was fun. Did anyone else see Verse pushing Trent Williams' big ass into the backfield all day?? THAT is impressive!!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

In most cases I love Baldy's breakdowns. He's absolutely right that Verse looks like a beast and will develop into something special.

But when Baldy says the Rams "might have the best young DL in all of football" he's overstating the case. Yes, Verse and Young are terrific bookends. But the interior DT's are a work in progress, and definitely need an upgrade next year. Turner is solid but Brown, Gallimore, Johnson, and Davis aren't anything to write home about (yet). Fiske has potential for sure.

Rams are dead last in YPG allowed, by a large margin, at 425.7 yards. No other team surrenders more than 400 per game. Rams are 2nd to last in passing YPG and 3rd from last in rushing YPG.

Granted the Rams have played 3 tough teams-- SF and DET were in the NFCCG last year, and ARIZ played lights out. So I bet the numbers will improve.

But there's a reason the Rams tried so hard to get DT Byron Murphy in the first round-- they are trying to get by with only average talent on the interior DL. Especially without the GOAT.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers vs. 49ers in Week 3​

USATSI_24303999.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

September 23, 2024 10:40 am PT

The shorthanded Los Angeles Rams pulled off a stunning upset over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday afternoon, coming back from a 14-point deficit to win in the final seconds. The Rams wouldn’t have won the game if not for contributions from key role players who were elevated into starting roles due to the team’s various injuries.
Pro Football Focus graded the Rams well in their 27-24 win, with the offense landing five players who graded out at 69.7 or higher. The defense still has some issues to fix but overall, it was a strong performance from Sean McVay’s squad at home.
Here’s how PFF viewed the best and worst performers for the Rams.

Top 5 offense​

2173812321.jpg

(Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
  • WR Tutu Atwell: 79.3
  • TE Hunter Long: 79.3
  • WR Jordan Whittington: 79.2
  • RT Rob Havenstein: 72.7
  • QB Matthew Stafford: 69.7
Atwell, Long and Whittington were at the top of the list for the Rams on offense, all for varying reasons. Atwell was excellent as a receiver, earning a grade of 79.4 in that area. Long excelled as a blocker in the run game with a grade of 85.2. Whittington was a mix of everything, finishing with grades of 88.6 as a run blocker, 70.0 as a pass blocker and 72.9 as a receiver.
Havenstein allowed just one pressure in the game, which is impressive considering the pass rushers he went up against in Leonard Floyd and Nick Bosa.
Stafford’s grade probably should’ve been even higher when you account for the playmakers he was missing and the pressure he was under. He made one big-time throw and had zero turnover-worthy plays, per PFF.

Top 5 defense​

2173798617.jpg

(Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
  • OLB Byron Young: 80.6
  • S Jaylen McCollough: 66.4
  • OLB Michael Hoecht: 65.1
  • OLB Jared Verse: 63.9
  • LB Troy Reeder: 63.7
There was Young and then there was everyone else. He was head-and-shoulders better than all other players on defense, recording four pressures, one sack, two tackles for a loss and a forced fumble. Notably, it was Braden Fiske and Kobie Turner who led the team with seven pressures each.
McCollough played sparingly, only 11 snaps, so his grade has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Hoecht missed one tackle and struggled against the run at times (48.6 grade) but he had two pressures and a pass-rush grade of 73.1. Verse was similarly effective as a pass rusher with four tackles, but he missed a team-high four tackles, something that’s been a slight issue for him through three games.
Reeder cut down his missed tackles to just one in the game and he was decent in coverage with a grade of 66.0, allowing only one catch for 3 yards.

Bottom 5 offense​

2170909981.jpg

(Photo by Nic Antaya/Getty Images)
  • WR Demarcus Robinson: 63.2
  • LG Logan Bruss: 61.4
  • WR Tyler Johnson: 55.7
  • LT Alaric Jackson: 47.4
  • RG Kevin Dotson: 41.6
It was a quiet day for Robinson and Johnson, which is reflected in their PFF grades – which still aren’t all that bad. Robinson caught one pass for 32 yards and Johnson had three receptions for 20 yards.
Bruss allowed two pressures, including a sack to Javon Hargrave, but his run-blocking grade of 68.8 was a positive. Jackson surrendered three pressures and one sack and had sub-60 grades in both pass protection and run blocking. Dotson allowed a team-high five pressures and one sack and finished with a team-worst 48.3 run-blocking grade.

Bottom 5 defense​

USATSI_24303813.jpg

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-Imagn Images
  • DT Braden Fiske: 54.9
  • DT Kobie Turner: 50.9
  • S Kamren Curl: 49.1
  • CB Cobie Durant: 44.6
  • DB Quentin Lake: 44.0
Fiske shined as a pass rusher with seven total pressures but PFF dinged him as a run defender by grading him at 40.1, the lowest on the team.
It was a similar story for Turner, who also had seven pressures but missed one tackle and had a run-defense grade of 43.3.
Curl has gotten off to a slow start this season and while his 49.1 overall grade is nothing to write home about, he did have the highest tackling grade on the team (86.0).
Durant and Lake were the weak links in coverage, finishing with the two lowest grades in that category. Durant gave up five catches (seven targets) for 54 yards, while Lake allowed a team-high 109 yards on six catches (eight targets) in the win.

Other notables​

2173811663.jpg

(Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
  • RB Kyren Williams: 69.1
  • TE Colby Parkinson: 64.9
  • S Kamren Kinchens: 63.3
  • CB Tre’Davious White: 61.5
Williams was a do-it-all player once again, going over 100 scrimmage yards with three touchdowns and excellent pass protection for Stafford when picking up the blitz.
Parkinson was up-and-down, dropping a pass and running a poor route in the red zone, while also stepping up in a big way as a blocker with grades of 73.7 in pass protection and 76.0 in the run game.
Kinchens was thrust into a bigger role at safety and though he got beat for a 31-yard touchdown, that was the only reception he allowed and he didn’t miss a tackle.
White was in coverage on Jauan Jennings’ 13-yard touchdown early in the game and he was also flagged for defensive holding, but his grade wasn’t as bad as expected.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A pro football game should be a place you can take your kids. Drunk dipshits like this ruin it. Imagine your six-year old having to witness this? Fucking idiots.
You'll be pleased to know there was none of that shithousery going on in section 202. I had it all under control in there.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have some nice pics from the SoFi tour today but I can't upload any of them. I kicked a field goal as well, my respect for Karty has gone down somewhat (although mine was from the 10 yard line).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have some nice pics from the SoFi tour today but I can't upload any of them. I kicked a field goal as well, my respect for Karty has gone down somewhat (although mine was from the 10 yard line).

I'll help you with those pics. Hit me up tomorrow though... the wife is calling me upstairs with a Hawk Tua bribe and I'm 100% OK with it.

fearsomefour

Legend
There is NO reason Tutu shouldn't get 30-35 snaps a game. I've been saying this since last year. Hopefully, McVay has learned this now.
Ive been a big defender of Tutu as well.
He brings something unique to the offense.
That deep iso shot that drew the flag should be run 2-3 times every game.
That will draw a ton of big flags.
The route that Tutu is the best at is that long crosser. Let him get deep into the route and it will be there over and over with yards after catch as well.
There is room for all these guys in the offense really. Integrate as many as you can and adjust for opponent.
I think all the receivers and TEs stepped up.
Long did some good work in the blocking game. The TE just brought up from the PS sealed the edge on the fake punt with a nice, strong block.
Bruss was solid run blocking, struggled mightily pass blocking throughout. He had a badly dislocated finger but came back in and the whole OL seemed to settle down and give Stafford a little time as the game went on.
Jackson didn't allow any sacks going up mostly against Bosa.
Not a whole lot of rust to speak of and its good to have him back.
Great team win and how can anyone not be so happy for Xavier....setting up a team win against their arch rival and getting a game ball on his first NFL touch? Awesome stuff!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Young had easily the best game of his career and Verse certainly is looking like the real deal.
I guess Jackson did give up a sack, but, his play at LT was a massive relief.