Rams waive Henderson and Hollins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Another weird aspect of this - Henderson could have potentially signed a FA deal worth enough to earn or offset a late round compensatory pick.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Exactly why I'm just so fuckin confused. How is he justifiably on our roster? Wtf is wrong with the Rams on this one?
Evans is probably because they have no one else to call on. Evans knows the system. Yes he sucks but what do the rams do if another Olineman gets hurt? I mean we are down to our 3rd stringers and PS players.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Another weird aspect of this - Henderson could have potentially signed a FA deal worth enough to earn or offset a late round compensatory pick.
Exactly why I was thinking it would be better to feature him and give Kyren some touches. The whole giving Akers more run is stupid since it seems like he is truly done with us after this year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
uh..... ok?

On maybe a good note... is Hollins to make room for Hardy? Would like to see him get significant playing time this season when healthy.

Or maybe the Rams go back after the recently waived again Benton Whitley ?

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I'd take a traffic cone over him.
I get it, I do but lets be realistic here. I think the Rams are caught between a rock and hard place. No one ever plans on your entire Oline being injured to the extent that PS players are playing almost every oline position.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Exactly why I was thinking it would be better to feature him and give Kyren some touches. The whole giving Akers more run is stupid since it seems like he is truly done with us after this year.
Akers isn’t an FA.

I like it.. not because I don’t like Henderson or Hollins or Blanton… it’s because they’re doing nothing and aren’t in the team’s future.

Let’s start churning that fucking roster.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I get it, I do but lets be realistic here. I think the Rams are caught between a rock and hard place. No one ever plans on your entire Oline being injured to the extent that PS players are playing almost every oline position.
Sorry man, I'm just not buying it. Cut bait already, he's a huge liability to our QBs getting hurt.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Melvin Gordon....sounds the same I guess lol

I will scream in rage if we sign him. Fumbles all the time, is on the wrong side of thirty, etc.

Us cutting Henderson when he could've garnered us a comp pick is bad enough, but signing Gordon would be a shit move for a guy well past his prime.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Akers isn’t an FA.

I like it.. not because I don’t like Henderson or Hollins or Blanton… it’s because they’re doing nothing and aren’t in the team’s future.

Let’s start churning that fucking roster.
I don't, it's dumb. Hendo has actually done ok, but Evans survives? Yeah that makes total sense.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Still, Akers is under contract through the 2023 season while Henderson is due to hit free agency following THIS season. If McVay & Akers have reached a mutual understanding, perhaps Akers sticks ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait I swore I read that Hendo was by far our best back and it wasn't even debatable.

Hollins as I and others have said countless times this season is a waste of a roster spot he provides nothing.

Hendo waived is pure comedy especially since supposedly Akers was the bad seed.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't get the Hendo cut
Soon to be FA, probably can save some cap space and go find a young guy, but my son said he heard that it was reported they may put a claim in for Gordon.... that I don't get.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
They weren't going to get re signed so may as well as see if anyone else on the roster can step up. Also allows them to sign on elsewhere for the stretch run. Makes sense more I think about it.

Last edited: