Rams vs Packers GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dan O? As in Orlovsky??

hqdefault.jpg

Book 'em Dano from Hawaii Five-O is better than Orlovsky.

bwahaha.gif

Orlovsky sucks so hard he should be sponsored by Dyson Vacuums...

I can't believe the Rams brought the guy into camp. They should've given some kid the chance to play some football for a couple months. Orlovsky has had his chance to play...
*paraphrase...
"we brought in Dan Orlofsky to teach our young quarterbacks how to train like Peyton Manning"
~Les Snead

Les, Les, Les...lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honest to God would rather have Case Keenum and Kellen Clemmens over Orlofsky

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One of the reasons I draged my butt down to Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends was because I thought I'd see Sam Rogers used extensively, finally.
But I didn't see him at all.
Did he play a snap?

I didn't see him play. Cory Harkey missed a block bad.Travis Wilson might
Make practice squad.

Sam Rogers played in 1 st qrt

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People question rogers ? Mcvay did say starters won't be playing tonight :D:D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I honest to God would rather have Case Keenum and Kellen Clemmens over Orlofsky

Well, that's really going out there @LoyalRam . It's amazing how certain guys hang around, Daniel Daddy Orlovsky (that's right his middle name is Daddy) has never been good, but because he had playing time during the regular season under his belt, teams kept him around. Dan was fortunate teams kept three QB's , but no more and the trend is to have somebody you drafted (with upside) as the number two and teams are now keeping just two QB's with one on the practice squad.

Overall, I am pleased that Orlovsky was able to ensure that Goff & Mannion had coffee or Red Bull and doughnuts or muffins of their choice, but he is one name I'm looking forward to seeing being cut and I sure hope if the Rams keep a QB on the practice squad, which I believe they will, it will be a younger player that has a future, not a past.

fearsomefour

Legend
Williams played well again.
In terms of backups Williams is clearly the guy at LT, Blythe clearly at C and a whole lotta mud after that.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
That OL in the 4th qtr-- Kozan, Dunn, Collins Eldecamp and Murphy-- struck fear in the Packers.

Sure made it clear to me the Packers scrubs are better than the Rams scrubs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Williams played well again.
In terms of backups Williams is clearly the guy at LT, Blythe clearly at C and a whole lotta mud after that.

I concur (glad I concurred) if the Rams keep 9 Offensive Linemen, it will be Williams, Wichmann, Blythe & Donnal, with Eldrenkamp on the outside looking in. I was pleased with Williams and was hoping that he looked more like 2015 and not last year. Williams far more athletic than Pace Murphy, who appeared to be stuck in cement this year. Donnal's injury might have the Rams keeping an extra OL just in case, but no one is worthy, so I still believe they will keep 9, with Eldrenkamp to the practice squad.

FWIW's I thought Blythe had an excellent preseason, with the exception of the bad snap in the first game. Handled himself well and made some key blocks for Justin Davis in the run game.

PaRam24

UDFA
Wow. Isolate on each guy and watch on repeat. Two guys shot right through and another two were blatantly held.
Look how much faster off the ball he is on this play than anyone else. No wonder the sack came so easily...

Attachments

• IMG_0970.PNG
    IMG_0970.PNG
    299.1 KB · Views: 155

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-green-bay-packers-24-los-angeles-rams-10/

No Aaron Rodgers, no Jared Goff, but there were strong quarterback results by Green Bay Packers QB Brett Hundley, seeing the end zone twice as Hundley led the Packers to a 24-10 victory over the Los Angeles Rams.

Rookie RB Aaron Jones found the end zone on the ground and through the air as two Rams turnovers couldn’t be overcome in the loss. With that, we give you our PFF exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

LAR-Rams-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES

CB Kevin Peterson, 83.4 overall grade

DT Tyrunn Walker, 80.9 overall grade

S John Johnson, 79.5 overall grade

DE Louis Trinca-Pasat, 78.0 overall grade

HB Justin Davis, 75.0 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

HB JUSTIN DAVIS, 75.0 OVERALL GRADE

Davis broke two tackles for the second straight week to close out the preseason. Topping 50 yards on 17 carries was as noteworthy as a skill position performance got in this match between the Packers and the Rams.

QB DAN ORLOVSKY, 32.5 OVERALL GRADE
Orlovsky played the entire game, giving Jared Goff and Sean Mannion the night off, and did little to apply any pressure. A pair of interceptions were paired with some wild inaccuracy with Orlovsky completing only one of his five passes targeted 10 or more yards downfield.

DE LOUIS TRINCA-PASAT, 78.0 OVERALL GRADE
Trinca-Pasat matched his production through the first three weeks of preseason in one night by racking up 3 pressures (all hurries) against the Packers. Trinca-Pasat’s fourth pressure, a hit on Brett Hundley, was nullified by his own roughing the passer penalty.

OLB ANDY MULUMBA, 73.9 OVERALL GRADE
On his return to Lambeau Field, former Packers’ OLB Mulumba racked up his second sack of the preseason and finished third on the defense with 3 stops, bettered by only S Marqui Christian and LB Nicholas Grigsby.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams who played last night in Green Bay......
Edge Rushers had major issues with containment
ILB'ers (exception of Josh Forrest) were weak & brought no power to their tackles.
The DL'ers kept the game low score due to their work effort
The outside corners have major holes in their game.
Cody Davis is good in coverage, real smart & has speed to help the corners but has zero hit in his tackle

TE Cory Harkey did little to help solidify his roster spot in GB whereas Wilson & Mundt looked better
none of last night WR's will make the 53 player roster.
RB Davis is far better tha RB Green.
Rams need to find a new 3rd QB
The 2nd & 3rd team OL had a very good game

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
DE LOUIS TRINCA-PASAT, 78.0 OVERALL GRADE
Trinca-Pasat matched his production through the first three weeks of preseason in one night by racking up 3 pressures (all hurries) against the Packers. Trinca-Pasat’s fourth pressure, a hit on Brett Hundley, was nullified by his own roughing the passer penalty.

That roughing penalty should not be counted towards his overall grade. It was a BS call. His pinky finger came in contact with the helmet and the flag comes out.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
*paraphrase...
"we brought in Dan Orlofsky to teach our young quarterbacks how to train like Peyton Manning"
~Les Snead

Les, Les, Les...lol
Why not just bring in Manning himself Les? He's not doing anything... ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like this game wasn't worth watching. Glad I had to work for once haha

Really glad I skipped it too. But I appreciate this thread and everyone allowing me to see the lowlights in the least painful manner possible. :p

Edge Rushers had major issues with containment
ILB'ers (exception of Josh Forrest) were weak & brought no power to their tackles.
The DL'ers kept the game low score due to their work effort
The outside corners have major holes in their game.
Cody Davis is good in coverage, real smart & has speed to help the corners but has zero hit in his tackle

TE Cory Harkey did little to help solidify his roster spot in GB whereas Wilson & Mundt looked better
none of last night WR's will make the 53 player roster.
RB Davis is far better tha RB Green.
Rams need to find a new 3rd QB
The 2nd & 3rd team OL had a very good game

LB cuts are going to be heavily skewed towards talent and projection unfortunately. It might be the position we've seen the least of this preseason in terms of starters and real actual production. But of course I'm not too worried as I do trust Wade.

Harkey was never really a fit with this offense. Big lumbering guys like him are going to have a hard time of it, and his only chance was that he provided a significant boost in blocking. He is the best blocker of the group still, however his limitations in this offense make him very questionable to make the cut.

We don't need a third QB. If Goff and Mannion are both lost to injury the season is over anyways. I would roll with two QBs on the final roster and doing so is not without precedent. It also allows for a player at another position who has a better chance of impacting this team this season.

Davis just needed to hold onto the ball. He did so he's in, clearly. Top three are Gurley, Brown, and Davis IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
LB cuts are going to be heavily skewed towards talent and projection unfortunately. It might be the position we've seen the least of this preseason in terms of starters and real actual production. But of course I'm not too worried as I do trust Wade.
Harkey was never really a fit with this offense. Big lumbering guys like him are going to have a hard time of it, and his only chance was that he provided a significant boost in blocking. He is the best blocker of the group still, however his limitations in this offense make him very questionable to make the cut.

We don't need a third QB. If Goff and Mannion are both lost to injury the season is over anyways. I would roll with two QBs on the final roster and doing so is not without precedent. It also allows for a player at another position who has a better chance of impacting this team this season.

Davis just needed to hold onto the ball. He did so he's in, clearly. Top three are Gurley, Brown, and Davis IMO.
Afternoon Merlin, The LB'ing cadre situation is an odd one we go into regular season & seen nothing of Barron & Quinn & a dinky few plays of Barwin. Rookie 4th rd pick Samson Ebukam finally arrived flashed on the TV @ first in the Tree position then in the Barwin post Both strong side defense. Samson is super quick & twitchy. Price got a little action @ the Quinn post but not involve much. McKinzy once again was playing all four LB'ing posts. Forrest & Hager inside do make plays. Its would seem to me that the 5 reserve LB'ers are set in Hager/ Forrest/ McKinzy/ Ebukam & Longacre. Price is most @ risk here.

Harkey should have dominated last night but disappointing me seriously. Sam Rogers even though not impressive was very active fast & mobile. Davis runs very well with Rogers @ FB in front of him;). McVay needs to find a QB for his Practice Squad. Really surprised & happy with the reserve OL'ers as a whole in last nights game maybe the low temps helped out with that??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harkey should have dominated last night but disappointing me seriously. Sam Rogers even though not impressive was very active fast & mobile. Davis runs very well with Rogers @ FB in front of him;). McVay needs to find a QB for his Practice Squad. Really surprised & happy with the reserve OL'ers as a whole in last nights game maybe the low temps helped out with that??

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that Rogers fits this offense and what they want to do because not only does he move well but he also can catch well on the move and should continue to improve in the scheme as the season goes on. So he's got an advantage there even if he hasn't really flashed on the field in preseason games.

Harkey I'd say is a longshot right now. Fit is just really important IMO, and he doesn't.

Now, QB for the practice squad I can get behind. And IMO it's going to be someone who is cut here very soon from another roster. I'm sure Les and his scouts have a list of likely cuts ready to go for the OL and certain other positions to include potential PS additions.

fearsomefour

Legend
I concur (glad I concurred) if the Rams keep 9 Offensive Linemen, it will be Williams, Wichmann, Blythe & Donnal, with Eldrenkamp on the outside looking in. I was pleased with Williams and was hoping that he looked more like 2015 and not last year. Williams far more athletic than Pace Murphy, who appeared to be stuck in cement this year. Donnal's injury might have the Rams keeping an extra OL just in case, but no one is worthy, so I still believe they will keep 9, with Eldrenkamp to the practice squad.

FWIW's I thought Blythe had an excellent preseason, with the exception of the bad snap in the first game. Handled himself well and made some key blocks for Justin Davis in the run game.
Agreed.
I would keep an eye out for a vet that can play RT as well, not that Rams have money.
I have little faith in Havenstein ability to stay in front of speed rushers and there is no backup there.
Wichmann is a liability pass blocking as well.