Rams vs. Bucs, Rams' Defense Have Shown Few Weaknesses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
We need to beat these guys they are going to be in the playoffs and the result of this game will effect the playoff seedings. If we lose we lose but assuming its a loss a week before they play is disrespectful to our Rams.

The Rams and Buccs are probably the most complete and balanced teams in the NFC so its likely this game could be a preview of the NFCCG.
Agreed.. The Rams and Bucs are the two teams that have the firepower on both sides of the ball to run the table.

The Bucs are such a wildcard with their lopsided wins and losses

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The negativity towards the Rams, tied for 1st in the leagues best division, immediately following a fairly easy win in a big game against the biggest threat to winning the division -

What in the hell.
The negativity in the GDT is always a thing but this year it's been worse.
The pessimism and cynicism are out of sync with the season being played.

I blame covid and politics for poisoning everyone's optimism... but my God, if the teams most optimistic fans don't believe they have a shot vs the Bucs, I just have to hope our players and coaches don't subscribe to that same hopelessness.

nighttrain

Legend
It's payback time for McVay and Goff for the super bowl loss to Tom Brady when with the Patsies, Rams get even with for the lying, cheating BS that went on back then.
train

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Two teams in our division win this week! :cool: We got this. The Miami game now pays dividends in Tampa.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The negativity towards the Rams, tied for 1st in the leagues best division, immediately following a fairly easy win in a big game against the biggest threat to winning the division -

What in the hell.

I blame covid and politics for poisoning everyone's optimism... but my God, if the teams most optimistic fans don't believe they have a shot vs the Bucs, I just have to hope our players and coaches don't subscribe to that same hopelessness.

For me, it's not really being negative. I just see this as a loss. I won't be the least bit negative come Tuesday morning.

But for the people who think we can/should win - those will be the negative ones come Tuesday if we lose.

This game on Monday means almost nothing - with the NFC West being so tough, it's nearly impossible for the division winner to get the number one seed - so all I can about are winning the division games. The whole NFC roundtable of Packers beating the Saints, Saints owning the Bucs, Bucs destroying the Packers shows me that you can't glean too much from one game.

It's not cynicism for me - I hate to be THAT guy, but it's just realism. Chicago, this year, and the Niners second game of last year are the first elite defenses that we've imposed our will on. Last year we played Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Niners (first game) and our offense got owned. The prior year there was the Bears and Patriots. And the year before that, the Vikings and Jaguars (two special teams TDs, but our offense wasn't great in the game).

There's a clear pattern with the way our offense is built - it just doesn't have that dominant OL, and I think it's fair to say that Goff doesn't do the best job making quick decisions. That's what makes the Saints offense better than ours - they have a great OL that can neutralize an elite DL. We do not - so when these match ups arise, I've come to expect a loss. I won't argue with anyone who predicts a win though, and obviously I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Agreed.. The Rams and Bucs are the two teams that have the firepower on both sides of the ball to run the table.

The Bucs are such a wildcard with their lopsided wins and losses

That's one difference between us and them IMO. When they lost those two games to the Saints, they just flat out got beat.

I'd say in all three of the Rams losses our team did quite a bit of beating themselves.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Pretty simple I think, we will need to play our best offensive game of the year to win this one. As good as our D is, AB is going to feast on Hill in the slot. Im guessing he goes for at least 10/130 minimum. Ramsey will shut down Evans and I think D Will will do a great job on Godwin, but we wont be able to stop AB. And Gronk will eat Kaiser alive too..those will be the matchups they exploit. I have more confidence in our run D than I have in a while, but RoJo is a stud and will be a challenge. We will get pressure on Brady have no doubts about that.

But regardless they will put up 25-30 against us and it will be up to the offense to match them. I think we can run the ball but this game will come down to how well Goff plays. They get after the passer and that typically doesn't bode well for us. I personally dont think Goff has played a great game since week 2 vs Philly..great 2nd half vs Buf, good vs Wash and good last week. But he's due for a big game in prime time and I sure hope its this week. If we want to be a playoff team we need to beat legit playoff contenders. Seahawks are good offensively but overall average, and their 32nd rated defense still gave us some trouble in the 2nd half. We need to be a lot better this week.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For me, it's not really being negative. I just see this as a loss. I won't be the least bit negative come Tuesday morning.

But for the people who think we can/should win - those will be the negative ones come Tuesday if we lose.

This game on Monday means almost nothing - with the NFC West being so tough, it's nearly impossible for the division winner to get the number one seed - so all I can about are winning the division games. The whole NFC roundtable of Packers beating the Saints, Saints owning the Bucs, Bucs destroying the Packers shows me that you can't glean too much from one game.

It's not cynicism for me - I hate to be THAT guy, but it's just realism. Chicago, this year, and the Niners second game of last year are the first elite defenses that we've imposed our will on. Last year we played Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Niners (first game) and our offense got owned. The prior year there was the Bears and Patriots. And the year before that, the Vikings and Jaguars (two special teams TDs, but our offense wasn't great in the game).

There's a clear pattern with the way our offense is built - it just doesn't have that dominant OL, and I think it's fair to say that Goff doesn't do the best job making quick decisions. That's what makes the Saints offense better than ours - they have a great OL that can neutralize an elite DL. We do not - so when these match ups arise, I've come to expect a loss. I won't argue with anyone who predicts a win though, and obviously I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.

I get it.
And I see the same patterns that concern me as well.. but its still surprising.

I like the chances for our offense to click late this year. To hit our stride over the last half of the season and peak for the playoffs. If our passing game gets faster and tighter along with some big plays from our RBs in the passing game...

We want to hang around all season and peak late. So far, we appear on course.

MachS

Hall of Fame

What in the hell.

Some people are saying we dont have a shot but don't buy into that shit. Any given Sunday..and we have a very good team. We can absolutely win this game, and if both teams play at their absolute peak I think we smack them.

But they do have a big advantage offensively. We're in the bottom half and they're among the best in the league. They have the QB advantage too which is most important IMO. But we've all seen Goff play at his peak in big moments before so who knows what will happen.

Defensively we're ranked 2nd and they're ranked 3rd so call that even..but everyone we face will have a special teams advantage over us. So put all that together and makes sense why some here are writing it off as a loss. But I think were due for a big prime time game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We are talking about the same Bucs team that almost lost to the giants right?

True, but in fairness we only beat that Giants team by 8 points.
And as big of a homer I am for our team, we've beaten ONE team with a winning record. ONE. Edit- TWO sorry, forgot the Bears but they are questionable.
This game will prove if we are legit and can make a real playoff run, IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but in fairness we only beat that Giants team by 8 points.
And the Giants have lost their 3 games by a total of 6 points since. Rams beat them by 8, Tampa squeeked by them by 2.
And as big of a homer I am for our team, we've beaten ONE team with a winning record. ONE. Edit- TWO sorry, forgot the Bears but they are questionable.
And Tampa has only beaten 2 teams with winning record, while losing to that Bears team that you find questionable.
Im not seeing where the Bucs are some invincible team. They've played a weak ass schedule & been eviscerated by the Saints twice.
The Rams plant Brady on his ass a couple times and he will be the one playing chuck and duck. Not Goff

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not only do I want to kick their asses but I hope one of our guys "accidentally" runs into Ariens and chops his fucking knees out from under his ass. I hate that fucker.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And the Giants have lost their 3 games by a total of 6 points since. Rams beat them by 8, Tampa squeeked by them by 2.
And Tampa has only beaten 2 teams with winning record, while losing to that Bears team that you find questionable.
Im not seeing where the Bucs are some invincible team. They've played a weak ass schedule & been eviscerated by the Saints twice.
The Rams plant Brady on his ass a couple times and he will be the one playing chuck and duck. Not Goff
Hope so brother, that's what we all want to see!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And I'm only keeping things in perspective. We have struggled against teams with good defenses and put pressure on a QB.
They offer both. Sean will need to have a sound game plan and we need to execute. We can definitely beat them!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I will say, Brady turns into a little bitch when he gets hit a lot. So that’s the key to slowing down their offense. But if he’s comfortable in the pocket and able to exploit matchups, it’s goodnight Irene.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I will say, Brady turns into a little bitch when he gets hit a lot. So that’s the key to slowing down their offense. But if he’s comfortable in the pocket and able to exploit matchups, it’s goodnight Irene.
Same could be said about Goff