Rams trade Akers to Vikings for pick swap.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
But this I don't get...

Monti Ossenfort in AZ jettisoned Isaiah Simmons--a first-rounder--for a 7th to the Giants. Yet every time Les moves somebody, he gives away picks.

WTF...?!
Because we always want to be better that the Cardinals?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I guess we have the answer as to who was the problem in the RB room, Akers or Henderson.
Seems like they're both nuts
This doesn't rule out the coach. Honestly it's kind of troubling that this has happened twice now with RB's. Hope it's just these two as you say and not something else which I lean towards cause it hasn't seemed to happen with any other position groups.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This doesn't rule out the coach. Honestly it's kind of troubling that this has happened twice now with RB's. Hope it's just these two as you say and not something else which I lean towards cause it hasn't seemed to happen with any other position groups.
RB's, QB, WRs......

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Believe the Rams have had 3 different RB coaches the past three years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But this I don't get...

Monti Ossenfort in AZ jettisoned Isaiah Simmons--a first-rounder--for a 7th to the Giants. Yet every time Les moves somebody, he gives away picks.

WTF...?!
We moved up a round. We didn't give anything away instead of maybe getting a 7th we moved our 7th up to a 6th in an upgrade.

Besides these are conditional we don't know what it will be in the end. Maybe patience until all the details are known.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB was play related, what WR's?
Just that he went cold on the positions and moved out the players. Cooks, Robinson and Goff. Each of those situations were bizarre, heck throw Gurley in to the RB room while we're at it

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So the Vikings have a whopping total of 69 rushing yards in two games? Cam's 1.3 yards per carry should fit in nicely with that team.

brucebruce

Rookie
so the rams dont have to pay a player who wasnt going to play and improved in the '26 draft. not bad.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
So the Vikings have a whopping total of 69 rushing yards in two games? Cam's 1.3 yards per carry should fit in nicely with that team.
Sort of like being the tallest midget?

Name
Richard Levy
I'm a little surprised that anyone is disappointed in what the Rams received in the trade. It was a obstensibly salary dump and a removal of an underperforming and unhappy player.

There's not much of a market for a RB who can't catch, won't block and averages 1.4 yards per carry. What could possibly go wrong?

Every defence knew that when Akers was in the game, we were going to run it. Just stack the box and stuff the man.

Akers is to be appreciated for working so hard to come back so quickly from the Achilles injury and for that he must be commended.

In the end, the Rams made a mistake by drafting Akers as high as they did, particularly given the glaring holes in his game and lack of dominant running back qualities.

Akers, as many highly drafted players often do, had an inflated view of his worth and appears not to see or acknowledge the significant deficiencies and limitations in his game.

The problem is that Akers feels that he's better than he is.

He simply couldn't accept the fact that Kyren Williams is more playable because he can catch, can block, can identify and hit holes more quickly, is not so prone to fumbling, seems to have a nose for the end zone - and importantly - Williams' presence in the backfield doesn't automatically signal to the defence that we're going to run the ball.

Nonetheless, I wish Akers all the best in the future.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just that he went cold on the positions and moved out the players. Cooks, Robinson and Goff. Each of those situations were bizarre, heck throw Gurley in to the RB room while we're at it
Cooks Robinson and Woods weren't attitude problems though that's play and salary cap issues maybe even injury issues. Not sure I could tie that all together tbh.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good point.

Interesting that Henderson is out of football. Don't even know if he was in a training camp this Summer.
Very true! Rarely pay attention to former players really with a few exceptions. What's Bobby Trees even up to these days?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what's been updated but Spotrac says we have $6.6 million in cap space says only $1.9 million but those two have different details on a couple of contracts.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Weird a few are disappointed. Akers sucked and has sucked since his rookie year. Add in fumbles, injury, attitude, lack of pass pro protection - he’s a JAG at best now.

Status
Not open for further replies.