Rams trade Akers to Vikings for pick swap.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Snead networking and building trust with GM’s across the league by shipping players out for peanuts…

So that when it comes time to F them picks again he’s got them nice and comfy to accept our future #1’s

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Rams expect to be a Superbowl team in 2026 while the Vikings are expected to suck. We use that high 6th round pick for Stafford's heir apparent. Genius!

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Snead networking and building trust with GM’s across the league by shipping players out for peanuts…

So that when it comes time to F them picks again he’s got them nice and comfy to accept our future #1’s

And given how strong our roster looks with our young players...fuck them picks season is right around the corner...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Glad its done and we can move on and he can too. Best of luck Cam.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how that works three drafts from now lol? So if one of the teams don't have the comp pick noted the deal just null and void? Weird. But whatever, moving on.
No comp picks involved you can't trade them anymore until they're earned. I'd imagine if he meets certain criteria they get our 7th round pick and we get their 6th. If not we get just their 7th round pick. Something like that I'd guess, just speculating.

Psycho_X

Legend
No comp picks involved you can't trade them anymore until they're earned. I'd imagine if he meets certain criteria they get our 7th round pick and we get their 6th. If not we get just their 7th round pick. Something like that I'd guess, just speculating.
That's what I thought... just tired and was reading conditional as comp. That's better at least unless the condition is he has like 1500 yards this season lol.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I thought Cam would be ready for a breakout year. But it appears they went through the same thing they did last year. Parting ways was for the best. We didn't need anymore distractions if we think we can be a playoff contender. Kyren Williams is officially the RB1. I assume Rivers is the RB2. Then Freeman. We have rookie Zach Evans on the roster too. We may not have a pro bowl running back but I think they can do enough to make the passing game work.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mcvay said Akers played his last down for the Rams. I'm surprised anyone traded for him at all. I'm not sure why Mcvay is always hell bent on destroying trade value on players he wants off the team.

What if there was more value in sending a statement to the team as to what the culture is and what to expect?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was hoping for compensation, but it's better to get a negative influence out of the locker room now than later.

oldnotdead

Legend
Interesting the Vikes assume their picks will be low so they won't give up anything of real value. But they could be in full suck mode by then. LOL Why the fuck not? The Rams will be in full Super Bowl run mode by then and likely to be drafting last. The Vikings probably will be drafting in the top half of each round. Snead drafts well in late rounds so they aren't worthless picks.

By 2026 the Vikes might think they got fleeced.

Ram65

Legend
Disappointed that Cam couldn't turn the corner to be the solid #1 RB for the Rams that I thought he would become. He showed up late last year and at the end of the Super Bowl run. Time to move on for both parties.

Memphis Ram

Legend
But this I don't get...
and
Monti Ossenfort in AZ jettisoned Isaiah Simmons--a first-rounder--for a 7th to the Giants. Yet every time Les moves somebody, he gives away picks.

WTF...?!
Rams traded a WR with a big contract coming off his second down year in a row with 2 different teams and got some future salary cap relief. They also traded a disgruntled RB who they couldn't move last year and who got 29 yards on 22 carries in his last game.

They were lucky to get anything for either of them.

Darrell Henderson has comparable, if not better over stats than Akers, and I'm not sure if he's even on an NFL practice squad.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
At least he isnt tying up a roster spot. What is done with that roster spot could be more valuable than a 6th round pick 3 drafts away.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I guess we have the answer as to who was the problem in the RB room, Akers or Henderson.
Seems like they're both nuts

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Just very odd how an achilles injury throws us into a panic that he's done in 2021 but in 2023 we can't wait to off him. How times really change. And why is it always the.... nm. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.