LEGEND Rams... The Game!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
MistahTroupe
The Fearsome Foursome
--------------

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqwT_RJ2FWg

-------------------------

il_1588xN.2704329682_mxds.jpg

-----------
MT :helmet:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Greek Yogurt

Joke...Why do the Greeks not have an Army?

Because they can’t leave their brothers behind

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Greek Yogurt

Joke...Why do the Greeks not have an Army?

Because they can’t leave their brothers behind
Armed with French tanks? (10 gears : nine for reverse and one neutral)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Iliad.

(If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's a fantastic work; I was bored enough to read it twice, and people like Diomedes (who not only wounded Ares and Aphrodite when they provoked him, but was humble enough to stand down when Apollo asked, unlike Achilles and his boyfriend - yes, I said it - Patroclus), Teucer (whose story during and after the Trojan is sad and triumphant at the same time and is personally my favorite person in the work), Hector (absolutely noble Trojan), Aeneas (he who started the journey to Rome), Agenor (absolutely a brave man to stand up to Achilles when everyone else fled into the gated city of Troy), and Priam (who is much more noble than the Achaeans).

Ajax the Lesser and Odysseus can both burn in hell for what they did, though. Granted Odysseus undergoes major character development in The Odyssey, but he can still burn in hell for throwing Hector's infant son off the ramparts and manipulating Ajax the Great. And Achilles is the biggest passive-aggressive asshole of them all.

EDIT: Maybe it wasn't Odysseus who killed Hector's infant son, but Neoptolemus (Achilles' son) possibly did without hesitation (some say he beat Priam to death with the baby's body), and made the child's mother his concubine. So that definitely makes him the biggest asshole in the whole thing.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The Iliad.

(If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's a fantastic work; I was bored enough to read it twice, and people like Diomedes (who not only wounded Ares and Aphrodite when they provoked him, but was humble enough to stand down when Apollo asked, unlike Achilles and his boyfriend - yes, I said it - Patroclus), Teucer (whose story during and after the Trojan is sad and triumphant at the same time and is personally my favorite person in the work), Hector (absolutely noble Trojan), Aeneas (he who started the journey to Rome), Agenor (absolutely a brave man to stand up to Achilles when everyone else fled into the gated city of Troy), and Priam (who is much more noble than the Achaeans).

Ajax the Lesser and Odysseus can both burn in hell for what they did, though. Granted Odysseus undergoes major character development in The Odyssey, but he can still burn in hell for throwing Hector's infant son off the ramparts and manipulating Ajax the Great. And Achilles is the biggest passive-aggressive asshole of them all.

EDIT: Maybe it wasn't Odysseus who killed Hector's infant son, but Neoptolemus (Achilles' son) possibly did without hesitation (some say he beat Priam to death with the baby's body), and made the child's mother his concubine. So that definitely makes him the biggest asshole in the whole thing.
Yeah, I really enjoyed the Iliad too, read it back in my freshman year in college. Liked it more than the Aeneid or the Odyssey. Great War story with cool characters... plenty of them assholes!

A few things I remember...

Cassandra-- what a horrible fate to be able to see the future clearly... but no one believes you! Kinda like being the parent of a teenager...

Paris's choice-- he could have had endless wealth and power, but of course he chooses the hot chick...

Achilles-- still remember how Achilles dragged Hector's corpse all around the city, just so he could rub it in to Hector's father. Yep, plenty of assholes in that story, but Achilles was definitely one of the worst.

BTW, my hometown is Ithaca (in upstate NY). So Odysseus and I have that in common...