Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I like Jackson But....

LT is a premium position and the best way to get a really good one is in the early rounds. Jackson is serviceable+ if healthy and he may prove to be even more than that with another year under his belt, but he will be FA in 2025 and even if he is only serviceable+, he will still demand a big Payday just due to the position he plays. We have to look no farther than how the Noteboom deal transpired and how the Rams were forced to overpay for an injury-prone career backup. That's where the rub occurs with me. If he is good but not great, do the Rams want to tie up premium tackle money in an average+ player. LT's can take some time to develop so waiting until next year to get a replacement will be risky (especially picking at 32). Tackle is a spot the Rams could get later but the chances/odds of landing a starter-quality LT drop off significantly after round 1. This is an above average draft year for tackles and seeing how many are projected to go in the first round tells you all you need to know about the value of first round tackles. I would be very happy with a first round LT and would love if the Rams found way to maneuver into position to get Troy Fautanu or even Alt (will cost too much).

Sorry So Ram but here this no way a healthy Jackson loses his starting spot to Noteboom.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You were adamant he wasn't coming back and shot down all suggestions they could work out an agreement to retain him.
I was adamant that it didnt make financial sense for him to come back, fortunately the Rams thought the same and re-worked his deal

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah - WTF!!! Alaric Jackson is a solid player who makes The Rams offensive line better.

In a way I think Noteboom should start at LT,but having him push Alaric to get better and become a top Lt would help The Rams get a high comp pick in 2026. Plus give The Rams a better chance to WIN a SUPER BOWL !!

Don’t think some see the Big Picture

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Come on, dude.

What a HATER!! What’s the price of a starting LT in The NFL ??? It’s good to shake us posters which makes for good banter.

Alaric Jackson imo is one of The CALMEST players. Really like his stability & stays in the moment.Doesn’t let the emotions of the game get the best of him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
policeman-beating-a-dead-horse-2urzpzo3mqqnwh3x.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Jackson But....

LT is a premium position and the best way to get a really good one is in the early rounds. Jackson is serviceable+ if healthy and he may prove to be even more than that with another year under his belt, but he will be FA in 2025 and even if he is only serviceable+, he will still demand a big Payday just due to the position he plays. We have to look no farther than how the Noteboom deal transpired and how the Rams were forced to overpay for an injury-prone career backup. That's where the rub occurs with me. If he is good but not great, do the Rams want to tie up premium tackle money in an average+ player. LT's can take some time to develop so waiting until next year to get a replacement will be risky (especially picking at 32). Tackle is a spot the Rams could get later but the chances/odds of landing a starter-quality LT drop off significantly after round 1. This is an above average draft year for tackles and seeing how many are projected to go in the first round tells you all you need to know about the value of first round tackles. I would be very happy with a first round LT and would love if the Rams found way to maneuver into position to get Troy Fautanu or even Alt (will cost too much).

Sorry So Ram but here this no way a healthy Jackson loses his starting spot to Noteboom.
I guess there goes The Big question!!

Will The Rams Draft best Player,or best player available ??

Don’t think Noteboom doesn’t fight for a starting spot.

BTW - it’s a myth bout a starting LT or O’Lineman.Just wondering where Robinson is right about Now ?

Alaric could bring a 3rd rd draft pick though if he plays well in 2024.I guess that is(my) hope & Noteboom is The Rams starting LT in 2025.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I guess there goes The Big question!!

Will The Rams Draft best Player,or best player available ??

Don’t think Noteboom doesn’t fight for a starting spot.

BTW - it’s a myth bout a starting LT or O’Lineman.Just wondering where Robinson is right about Now ?

Alaric could bring a 3rd rd draft pick though if he plays well in 2024.I guess that is(my) hope & Noteboom is The Rams starting LT in 2025.
If a top LT falls to 19, would the Rams draft him, and then turn around and trade Jackson? ...And what could they get for Jackson? A late 3?

dang

Legend
If a top LT falls to 19, would the Rams draft him, and then turn around and trade Jackson? ...And what could they get for Jackson? A late 3?
How about to a team like BUF/NYJ/MIN for their 2 R4 picks? Then get our RB2 and CB/S depth with those 2 picks.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How about to a team like BUF/NYJ/MIN for their 2 R4 picks?
I don't know that those teams are good fits.

Bills have Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown at OT. Vikings have Christian Darrisaw and Brian O'Neill Those are four quality starting tackles, so those teams seem pretty set.

Jets signed Tyron Smith and traded for Morgan Moses but there is concern over their age and durability; and the Jets don't have a proven 3rd OT. If the Jets don't draft O-Line at #10, maybe they would be in the market for an OT but doubt the Rams could get both of NY's #4s.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who knows if there were any NFL teams that wanted to sign Jackson,but not give up a 2nd rd pick.
The way things are I can’t actually for see this though at all.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Who knows if there were any NFL teams that wanted to sign Jackson,but not give up a 2nd rd pick.
The way things are I can’t actually for see this though at all.
Granted, you still need a future RT, with Havenstein's age, but say you get an early 4th for AJ, you can then turn around and draft a potential RT for the future with that pick.

And the reason to do this would be with 2 high priced OG's, and a tighter cap next yr, they very likley won't be able to nor would be willing to pay LT money to AJ.

And you have Noteboom as a security blanket if your rookie LT struggles early. Risky I know, but from a team construction standpoint, taking into account the cap and the future, you have a chance to solidify both OT positions in one draft and do it cheaply.

I know easier said than done, but if you trust your player evaluation and like this OT class, even down to that mid round RT prospect, I would go for it.