Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe the Rams have their LT and backup LT for this year. They will draft another 1 or 2 this year but it will be in the later rounds (3-7?) Give the new guys a year of coaching and strengh and hopefully one can take over LT next year. IIRC, Alaric Jackson was an UDFA.

And this is AJ's prove it year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I drive around jamming that in town in my black pontiac trans am with the gold firebird on the hood.

dang

Legend
If you haven't listened to Michael Bolton's cover of "Du Hast," you haven't lived! ~ @Merlin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio

My 5 year old son used to bob his big head in the backseat with a mischievous smile on his face when this came on and ask to make it louder. The other one was Ministry’s New World Order. He has limited musical taste as a 26 year old but he righteously dug these two.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ice cold sixer of Bud on the console and my foot on the gas baby.

Well thank you Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the God Damndest pursuee I ever pursued.
Now where are you, you SonofaBitch!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well thank you Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the God Damndest pursuee I ever pursued.
Now where are you, you SonofaBitch!!!!!
Watched it a few months ago, when the internet was down and forced me to go all caveman and shit with DVDs. Still a fun movie.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So there are some real pluses to drafting an OLT at 19. The only negative is that it doesn’t address the most glaring need, which is defense.

Definitely a plus to draft an OT this year, maybe not at #19, though. I agree, defense could benefit the most from a solid 1rst rounder, but drafting a Tackle at some point would be smart IMO.
Between Havs, Noteboom, and Jackson, they ALL missed time last season. I doubt all 3 will be on the 2025 roster (each for a different reason).

Preparing for the following season is one thing the Rams have done well recently, especially on day 3. Unless they feel they already have that guy on the roster…I would expect a Tackle to be drafted at some point.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I never expected anyone to make an offer for Jackson. Not so much because of the money but the second round pick they'd give up. I'm fine with Jackson for now. He's a serviceable left tackle. And could get better. The line as a whole was pretty good the second half of the season. Could be even better this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The line as a whole was pretty good the second half of the season. Could be even better this year.
I agree; and think it better be.

The Rams have $60M of their 2024 cap space allocated to their top-six O-Linemen (including Noteboom). That’s almost 25% of their cap space.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never expected anyone to make an offer for Jackson. Not so much because of the money but the second round pick they'd give up. I'm fine with Jackson for now. He's a serviceable left tackle. And could get better. The line as a whole was pretty good the second half of the season. Could be even better this year.
A team could have made an offer to him that he just chose not to sign. He's getting near 5 mill on this deal and as a UFA he could make 2-3x that if he has a good/great season. Conversely if a team offered a 3-4 year deal at 5-6 mill per he would have had the option to gamble on himself. Seems unlikely, but you never know

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A team could have made an offer to him that he just chose not to sign. He's getting near 5 mill on this deal and as a UFA he could make 2-3x that if he has a good/great season. Conversely if a team offered a 3-4 year deal at 5-6 mill per he would have had the option to gamble on himself. Seems unlikely, but you never know

I’ll contend that Joesph Noteboom is going to compete for The LEFT TACKLE position as a starter!!! To think he can’t beat him out is to think competition doesn’t matter to The Rams & Mcvay !!! IMO Noteboom starts & that goes into last season as well when he got beat out by Jackson.I’ll contend to injury is why.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree; and think it better be.

The Rams have $60M of their 2024 cap space allocated to their top-six O-Linemen (including Noteboom). That’s almost 25% of their cap space.
Trade up for Alt! ~ Allen2McVay